Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Lord has a sense of humor

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    We, Americans are at a point where freedom seems to be cheap and plentiful. But, when the well runs dry and there is no freedom left the crying time will come to all.
    Freedom has a life time warranty, it expires with each generation and the next generation must maintain, rebuild and keep it in excellent working condition.
    The next generation will inherit a poorly maintained, broken down apparatus called freedom that will never get a drop of oil or ever see a wrench until it grinds to a halt and is no more.
    I can see it just like I saw the sun rise this morning.
    I see it too and it terrifies me for my daughter. I’m ashamed to say that my generation (millennial) has a large part to play in that neglect. Most of us were too pampered and didn’t know the fear induced by leather clearing belt loops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Happiness is a warm .45

What leather i had to cut my own switch. Even experienced a cutoff water hose once or twice.
    Thats probably why im so rough around the edges
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Master
    Karma is a wonderful thing.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Gee . . . . . I must be getting old as I don't understand???? Gun sales are up and you mean to tell me that there are actually some of the Leftist bleeding hearts that are getting guns as they are worried about their own safety? Maybe there ought to be some more gun laws passed that if you are a registered Democrat you cannot purchase for own a firearm . . . you know . . . Big Brother just looking out for the personal safety of the registered Dems so they don't have an opportunity to harm themselves . . . instead, they can just call 911 if they are in troublele . . . . oh, wait a minute .. . . . they want to "defund" the LE. Oh well . . . . .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozark mike View Post
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Nowhere does it say there that you have to play by govt rules to own a weapon.
    What it does say is the people are responsible for there own freedom and should keep the govt in check.
    And that attitude will get your wife shot while she's holding your baby. You need to shut up and obey your masters! Keep your head down and your mouth shut! If you know what's good for you!

/S

I read it your way, too. Been PO'd at the NRA since about 1971 because they're way too silent on violations of the 2nd Amendment. Been mouthing off on it long enough I know I'm on a list somewhere, too.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozark mike View Post
    I heard one of the dakotas maybe south dakota wasnt firearms friendly might be a bad rumor do you know anything about that
    South Dakota is very firearm friendly
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrounge View Post
    And that attitude will get your wife shot while she's holding your baby. You need to shut up and obey your masters! Keep your head down and your mouth shut! If you know what's good for you!

/S

I read it your way, too. Been PO'd at the NRA since about 1971 because they're way too silent on violations of the 2nd Amendment. Been mouthing off on it long enough I know I'm on a list somewhere, too.
    With the current attitude in DC, I’m pretty sure we are all on a list or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Happiness is a warm .45

Probably have a list of gun forums right beside the top 100 most wanted list

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Looks like my brother is not alone!

The Illinois State Police (ISP) Firearm Services Bureau, which issues state Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) cards and performs the required firearms purchase background checks, received 17 new applications for FOID cards May 25, the date of Floyd’s death in Minneapolis. The next day, 1,742 applications were received. The numbers peaked June 2 when the bureau received 4,916 FOID card applications in a single day.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Looks like my brother is not alone!
    The numbers peaked June 2 when the bureau received 4,916 FOID card applications in a single day.
    I should feel terrible for laughing at that.
    And you know a bunch of them believed you can buy a gun faster than you can call a cab or order a pizza.

Then,,,,,,, Surprise !
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Well there went the prices on ammo and whatnot

Boolit Master
    F.O.I.D
    Flaming
    Old
    Idiot
    Democrats
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master
    My sister had the "I hate guns and the people who own them" attitude all of her life. She was divorced and living alone when a family of roughnecks moved into the house beside hers. She called me asking for help so I paid her a visit to get a look at the new neighbors. Yup, they were bad rough. She surprised me with the last request I never expected to hear from her - to borrow a handgun! I was generous in helping her and also cautious to never tease her about her decision. I wanted her to feel and be safe but not ashamed about her awakening. Six months later the neighbors moved on so all ended well.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by Thin Man View Post
    My sister had the "I hate guns and the people who own them" attitude all of her life. She was divorced and living alone when a family of roughnecks moved into the house beside hers. She called me asking for help so I paid her a visit to get a look at the new neighbors. Yup, they were bad rough. She surprised me with the last request I never expected to hear from her - to borrow a handgun! I was generous in helping her and also cautious to never tease her about her decision. I wanted her to feel and be safe but not ashamed about her awakening. Six months later the neighbors moved on so all ended well.
    That is fantastic you let her borrow a handgun. I wish I could have but without FOID he can't even touch a gun.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    It is amazing to me that so many people needed to be hit on the head with reality before attempting to exercise their 2nd amendment rights. I was maybe a little late to the game, but basically could see the handwriting on the wall several years ago when Hillary was on the campaign trail.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thin Man View Post
    Has her attitude changed????
    Or did she just think, I didn't need it after all, so no one should need them.

Boolit Mold
    Don't know if the 20 somethings, will be able to hold what they've been giving.

Boolit Master

Had a coworker who is in his mid 20's ask me about handguns. This was a couple of years ago. I gave him advice and actually sold him one of my pistols, via payments over three months. Taught him how to shoot and operate the pistol safely and effectively and encouraged him to take a CCW course.

About a month ago, he called me up saying he needed ammo since he'd shot his all up practicing and didn't have any more and couldn't find any for sale. So I loaded him up a box of self-defense rounds.

A week or so ago, I see him posting on Facebook that he no longer supports Trump and is supporting BLM. When he asks for more ammo, I will tell him that I don't support domestic hate groups or their supporters. Idiot.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Had a coworker who is in his mid 20's ask me about handguns. This was a couple of years ago. I gave him advice and actually sold him one of my pistols, via payments over three months. Taught him how to shoot and operate the pistol safely and effectively and encouraged him to take a CCW course.

About a month ago, he called me up saying he needed ammo since he'd shot his all up practicing and didn't have any more and couldn't find any for sale. So I loaded him up a box of self-defense rounds.

A week or so ago, I see him posting on Facebook that he no longer supports Trump and is supporting BLM. When he asks for more ammo, I will tell him that I don't support domestic hate groups or their supporters. Idiot.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    At least you tried.
    Some people just don't understand.