RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Lee APP mounting

Boolit Master

Lee APP mounting

I may be the only one here that likes portable stands 3 of my presses are on portables but IF someone else does , the app press will fit on top of the 3 legged stand in addition to another press for me the ABLP just needed to drill 3 holes in the stands top plate and find some bolts .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5E9DFFFB-015C-4D94-A1EE-3684AB7111FD.jpg   C2DCFE65-30BE-4F50-9EE7-868269C98463.jpg  

Boolit Buddy
    Lee APP - great on the Inline Fab mount

That sounds like a good idea. I wound up getting the lee bench plate when i got my app. So now i have my co-ax mounted on the wood plate and gonna put my lyman 4500 on another peice of wood to make it work on the bench plate also.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodakjohns View Post
    That sounds like a good idea. I wound up getting the lee bench plate when i got my app. So now i have my co-ax mounted on the wood plate and gonna put my lyman 4500 on another peice of wood to make it work on the bench plate also.
    The Lee bench plate works well , the ABLP press is on one and I also have my LCT on a home made stand with a bench plate mounted to the top . The APP press is so small it will fit on the stand and not interfere with the Bench plate mount and the whole mess still stores in the same floor space. While leaving my benches clear for other things. The portable stands are not for everyone but work fine for me with most presses .

If they were cheaper i would probably own a lee

Boolit Master
    Mine is bolted onto a 30" piece of 2x4. Two ratcheting bar clamps let me put it where ever I want, but it's true that it's not self supporting.

Boolit Master
    ive got 2 bench plates on my bench and 1 on the 3 legged stand,i like being able to move a press incase i wanna load in the house or on the back porch

Boolit Master
    Just how solid is the 3 leg stand?

Boolit Master
    Not as stable as a solid bench the lee stand you add weight to stabilize , my homemade stands you sit when using and put your feet on the front two legs they both are more stable with the back foot , or the post against a wall or bench. The only movement you get is on the upstroke of the lever (down stroke of the ram) My Loadmaster was the only press that seemed to work better on a solid bench. I have used them since the 70s originally because I had no place for a bench and they would work next to any table to put my scale and pm etc. on. Not for every one but I like them. My heavy single stage sets in a closet on its stand and could be moved out in a few seconds if needed. Or if several guys are loading at the same time we are not all at the same bench.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BD5766EB-EAD7-4975-B712-2F4CFC4E27AD.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	257996

Boolit Master
    I've got three Rock Chuckers and an RCBS bench prime mounted to a portable stand. The base is made from an old round kitchen table base. There isn't room there for the new APP, so I made a steel plate, 3/8ths thick and mounted it to the bench, I have four sets of holes drilled and tapped in the front. One set is for the APP, one set for the STAR lube-sizer, one set for a Rock Chucker, and one for The SDB.
    Doesn't take but a couple of minutes to unbolt one and change to another, but I probably won't change very often. The plate is 6 1/2" x 19" so it is pretty solid. Bench is 1 3/4 thick and bolted to the wall.
    The new XL750 is mounted on another similar plate to the side, but don't think I will ever move it.

I have a 5/16" steel plate mounted recessed into my bench and it has been drilled and tapped for a Pro1000, 3 hole turret, Pro4000 ABLP, and an RCBS JR3. They get bolted down with button head cap screws which I use a small 1/4" drive ratchet and I can change out a press in just a couple minutes.