Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stocking up

Banned

I voted Hell Yes 5 times...

Pat it says it will only work 1 time lol. But Thank You for trying. I did to just incase lol.

Banned

I would like her to come over and sit in whilst my wife is gone.

Did I say that? ..

Nope did not see a thing lol.

Boolit Master

Woops

I just voted in the poll....Sarah Palin had 50% for and 48% against her. It looks like trying to sand bag her doesn't work very well...even if PBS isn't very "red state" friendly.

PBS is getting more isolated from the real world every day...and then wonder why their penny pinching liberal base doesn't do much during the seemingly constant fund raisers! (There was something on Limbaugh or O'Reilly about the money that is contributed to charity by certain politicians...seems the liberals aren't near as generous with THEIR MONEY as they are with YOURS!) While "the power to tax is the power to destroy," perhaps they need someone to point out that people are not required to subsidize view points they don't agree with.

I wish there was a viable third party in this country. As is, they both screw the little guy and use the middle class and up to pay the bills...the Democrats just lie about it, and the unions, etc believe them; the Republicans at least attempt to cut the taxes.

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

poll

I just voted but I saw this before and voted and it said I could not but I did sooo
    does this mean any thing.
    WILDCATT

Boolit Master
    You voted more than once? Does that mean you are becoming a democrat?
    The man who invented the plow was not bored. He was hungry.

Banned

Yea baby mamma obama- spread the wealth..

Now What?

Quote Originally Posted by JesterGrin_1 View Post
    Now What?
    Stock up on rice and beans.

Uncle Joe, to answer your question I live near Nashville and rarely shop at Bass Pro. Their prices tend to be high and they have very limited selection. In the little town of Mt. Juliet just 15 minutes east of Nashville they have a small shop called Reloaders Bench. When you walk through the door your eyes will just about pop out of your head, from the floor to the ceiling every wall, aisle, and shelf and most of the floor itself is covered with reloading supplies, equipment, components, gadgets, doo dads, you name it. In addition they usually beat anyone elses prices. It is truly a mecca for handloaders, and the people there, employees and customers,. are friendly and helpfull. I am not affiliated with them in any way, I,m just a loyal customer.

Boolit Master

I managed to squirrel away $50 over the last couple of weeks, just from the wife saving our change and from me doing a few odd jobs around for a few folks who need an extra hand. On Wed I went to my local shooting supply shop, and picked up a thousand rifle primers and a pound of powder. A friend of mine owes me $100, and I will probably use that as well to buy more primers and powder, or maybe a new mould or two. I am just thankful that 15 years ago when J bullets were cheap, I was buying them by the 25 lb box at the Sierra factory.

Best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=PatMarlin;416754]I pray that terrorist backed bastreed doesn't make it. QUOTE]
    ??????? I hope I took this the wrong way when I first read it....

Is Sara quaified.....does anyone really think so???? Just as qualified as BHO, but he is lacking greatly, Joe should have been the Prez and BHO the V-P on the Demo ticket.

This will be my last post on any polictical thread, these are not why I visit this site, but I get sucked in!!!

Oh ya the original question....I bought supplies just over a year ago as prices were beginning to take off. If they come back down in the coming months(metals & oil are now much lower)will grab more. I hope the taxing or whatever they come up with won't be the first thing on the agenda.
    Last edited by remy3424; 11-07-2008 at 11:28 AM.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Buddy
    Have any of you guys visited the BATFE site to find out how much powder you can legally have in your home ? If I read it correctly 50 pounds is max. I think all I have left is about 1/2 pound. I won't be getting anymore. That stuff is dangerous. thanks Jim

Boolit Master

Have any of you guys visited the BATFE site to find out how much powder you can legally have in your home ? If I read it correctly 50 pounds is max. I think all I have left is about 1/2 pound. I won't be getting anymore. That stuff is dangerous. thanks Jim
    Your local fire code may restrict you as well, but the FD isn't going to come and inspect your home. As for the danger level, if it's stored properly and not incredibly old, it's no more dangerous than any number of other things you have stored in your home, and less dangerous than some.

I have to buy some powder that I need, but I'm not stocking up for end of the world.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by USARO4 View Post
    Uncle Joe, to answer your question I live near Nashville and rarely shop at Bass Pro. Their prices tend to be high and they have very limited selection. In the little town of Mt. Juliet just 15 minutes east of Nashville they have a small shop called Reloaders Bench. When you walk through the door your eyes will just about pop out of your head, from the floor to the ceiling every wall, aisle, and shelf and most of the floor itself is covered with reloading supplies, equipment, components, gadgets, doo dads, you name it. In addition they usually beat anyone elses prices. It is truly a mecca for handloaders, and the people there, employees and customers,. are friendly and helpfull. I am not affiliated with them in any way, I,m just a loyal customer.
    Thanks for the tip. I get to Nashville quite often(our grandchildren live there) and Mt. Juliet isn't too far out of the way. So far I only know it as an exit off I-40.

I've been stocking up to avoid higher prices. I have very good luck with Powder Valley. I just placed a large order for powder and primers. Was told that one of the powders was out of stock but would be in Thursday. It showed up on my door step yesterday. The shipping is reasonable for FedEx. They will combine powder and primers up to 48# on one hazmat charge. Midway insists that they must ship separately.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master
    Don't be too concerned about the danger of having powder in your home. Assuming, that is, that you have some semblance of brains. Most people have no clue how much potential energy there is in a 5 gallon can of gas. You're much more likely to find that in a garage where there's a lawn mower than you are to find multiple jugs of propellant in the house. Besides, when a jug of propellant goes, there a big whish and it's over. With gasoline or worse, propane, when it goes, unless it's in a safety can(propane don't come in safety cans), there's onelluva bang and parts of the house dissapears.
    I've had a coupla firefighters tell me the thing they fear the worst in a storage shed, shop or garage fire is propane tanks. They say gas cans usually melt down or the safety link lets go and there's a lot of fire. But when a propane tank goes, they get no notice and somebody usually dies.