Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to me #1 .45-70!!

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Also look at the article by "Beagle" himself.

http://ktsammo.250x.com/castboolits/cst3.html
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Banned

I know how to do it, thanks but I would like to see Nardoo's...

Pat,
    I have been through this before so forgive me if I am being repetitious. We do not have the adhesive ducting tape you guys use so I use some .002" metal foil glued with high temperature silicone. You will notice the RCBS 458-405 has two strips on one side and one one the other. This gives me a bullet .003" over size.
    The Lyman 457124 HP has one strip on each side as it throws a .459" slug.

As Beagle told us the bullets somehow come out round - don't ask me how but I know they shoot! My Ruger will keyhole .457" bullets and shoot the same ones beagled to .461" very accurately.

I do not have to worry about a short throat as mine got shot away when I fire lapped the bore. Luckily for me the damn barrel now thinks it is a Badger and shoots like a target barrel.

Pat, I just got some big bars for my Stihl 088 to cut some planks. Boy it is time consuming sharpening all those cutters. I got to get a mill.

Nardoo

Banned

OK- Now that's what I'm talking about!

Thanks for taking your time to post some great pics for us on Beagling Nardoo!!!

Ya- I used a chainsaw for ripping for 7 years. Luckily I have a sharpening jig that's customised for ripping chain, but now with the Woodmizer LT40 I'm a bandsaw man., Boy what a lot less work.

I love the effect of the chain saw marks as a unique looking board though. If you just skip plane, or belt sand the very top rough surface off, and leave the saw grooves it is a very cool look effect on the wood. I love it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nardoo View Post

As Beagle told us the bullets somehow come out round - don't ask me how but I know they shoot! My Ruger will keyhole .457" bullets and shoot the same ones beagled to .461" very accurately.

Nardoo
    And that kinda shoots the complaint guys have about their molds casting out of round boolits being a problem doesn't it?...

Boolit Grand Master

I have had excellent results with RL 7 and the Lee 350 RF. I, this past year, received a Ranch Dog 350 gr bullet and will be working with it in my Marlin 1895 and my Ruger #3. I have no desire to challenge the .458 Win Mag (been there and done that).

I have a bunch of Lyman 457322 H.P.'s cast up and will be loading the #3 with a duplex (smokeless/black powder load). With duplex, I can shoot all day without cleaning, have a full case of powder and yet keep the velocity in the black powder realm. Plus, I have quite a bit of black powder to work with. Of course, at the end of the day, I will have to properly clean the rifle (that takes all of 5 minutes with a BPCR). The #3 is a rather light rifle and 1873 level loads will suit me just fine...

Here is loading information with RL-7:
    http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloade...9&bulletid=164

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloade...8&bulletid=160

Dale53