WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision

Thread: PID Rex C100 What model?

Boolit Master

PID Rex C100 What model?

I finally decided that I needed a PID to control pot temperature and thought I would give the Rex C100 unit a try.
    After reading several threads regarding these units I purchased a unit from China. And waited, and waited and waited for delivery. The unit arrived, and I discovered, to my dismay, that all Rex C100 units are not alike. (proving once again that a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing ) There are SEVERAL different models. Some have physical differences, some have electronic differences. Some are made in China and some in Japan.

Cutting to the chase, the one I purchased is either not suitable for my needs or is defective. It will NOT setup according to the directions. So that I wont make another purchasing mistake I am asking for information that I should have gotten before buying.

So here is what I need:

1. What is the model number of the unit that you have?
    2. Is it made in China or Japan?
    3. Does it work satisfactorily in your CASTING application? (controlling a lead pot is all I will be using it for)

Mine is a Rex C100FK02-V*AN DA If you have this model and have made it work I sure would like to talk to you!

Thanks in advance for your input!!
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Master

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-PID-...cklnvSr7LBoSBg

This one should, it's made in Japan and SSR output.

Exact make & model I use.
    Last edited by Mike W1; 03-18-2017 at 07:46 PM.
    Mike

Benefactor Member NRA
    Life Member Iowa Firearms Coalition
    US Army Vet

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
    One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams 1826

Boolit Master

Mike, which one? Top and bottom are different models.

Thanks
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Master

Bottom one has the SSR output.
    Mike

Benefactor Member NRA
    US Army Vet

John Adams 1826

Boolit Buddy
    https://youtu.be/bKS96V_TAX0

I guess I got the right REX. The thing I overlooked is the Rex i got only displays Celsius. Easy day though. I got mine off of Banggood app. Shipped from US warehouse came in 6 days.

REX-C100 110-240V 1300Degree Digital PID Temperature Controller Kit
    https://banggood.app.link/8WyMj24ytC

I had to buy the Ktype thermocouple somewhere else

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Springfield0612 View Post
    https://youtu.be/bKS96V_TAX0

I guess I got the right REX. The thing I overlooked is the Rex i got only displays Celsius. Easy day though. I got mine off of Banggood app. Shipped from US warehouse came in 6 days.

REX-C100 110-240V 1300Degree Digital PID Temperature Controller Kit
    https://banggood.app.link/8WyMj24ytC

I had to buy the Ktype thermocouple somewhere else

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    IMHO you didn't get the right one. You got one with a relay output not SSR output. They can be modified but I'd send it back and get the right one were it me.
    Mike

Benefactor Member NRA
    US Army Vet

John Adams 1826

Boolit Master

I think all of the C-100 models are centigrade only. I just posted a conversion chart near the controller. I haven't changed mine much so it's not a problem.

Boolit Buddy
    Dealing with the Chinese %^&p.

OK first off you probably really don't have a "REX C100". You probably have a counterfeit Chinese knock off. The last one I got was counterfeit of a counterfeit. LOL.

One problem is the instructions are usually in Chinese. So you look on line and find a translation. Now the translation will probably be for a real REX C100. The pin outs on the counterfeit may not match up. Follow the markings on the unit itself. Next problem is the programing may be a bit different. So far on the ones I have seen the display symbols have been the same but the sequence they are in may differ.