WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hand me down 32-40

Quote Originally Posted by OverMax View Post
    Ol Deuce: my complements sir. 17-18 comments & layout of cartridge brass > Well done.
    o/m
    Thank you Sir ........any time I can help is way cool! Ol Deuce
    Do the Best with What you have !

This is my Family Hand me down! 32-40 Rifle in the first year production She kinda spent to much time in the Pump-house !
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2928.jpg Grandpas 3240.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	186409

Today I'm going to try the IMR4227 in my 32-40s They say it's the best!!! I've always use IMR3031 So I will give a Range Report on the Old ones !

Ol Deuce

.32-40... as American as baseball, apple pie, Marlin, Winchester, Ballard...when I think of the .32-40 I see stars and stripes emblazoned upon a cobalt blue sky over a ticker tape parade with John Philip Sousa's band playing "Semper Fidelis". It's as beautiful as a SCOTUS with a consistent 6-3 conservative majority, an authoritative repeal of NFA '34 with an executive order for mandatory reciprocal CCW status. TRUMP, die gratis POTUS!
    And, yes, IMR4227 and a Hoch 165gr BHN 8-12 sized to throat with carnuba red will suffice. I can hear the distinct thwack of that soft flat nose boolit striking a Pennsylvania buck in the thorax, as beautiful as the melodious score of "Hail Columbia"!(tears of joy upon my maxilla)...

Quote Originally Posted by quail4jake View Post
    .32-40... as American as baseball, apple pie, Marlin, Winchester, Ballard...when I think of the .32-40 I see stars and stripes emblazoned upon a cobalt blue sky over a ticker tape parade with John Philip Sousa's band playing "Semper Fidelis". It's as beautiful as a SCOTUS with a consistent 6-3 conservative majority, an authoritative repeal of NFA '34 with an executive order for mandatory reciprocal CCW status. TRUMP, die gratis POTUS!
    And, yes, IMR4227 and a Hoch 165gr BHN 8-12 sized to throat with carnuba red will suffice. I can hear the distinct thwack of that soft flat nose boolit striking a Pennsylvania buck in the thorax, as beautiful as the melodious score of "Hail Columbia"!(tears of joy upon my maxilla)...
    Right On!!!!! I love my 32-40s Ol Deuce

you're making me feel bad. I have a custom Ruger # 3 in 32-40 with a bunch of new Winchester brass in 20 round boxes (new about 30 years ago) I best anneal it before using any of it, & I have never fired the rifle. I will come warm weather again.
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"

Quote Originally Posted by gandydancer View Post
    you're making me feel bad. I have a custom Ruger # 3 in 32-40 with a bunch of new Winchester brass in 20 round boxes (new about 30 years ago) I best anneal it before using any of it, & I have never fired the rifle. I will come warm weather again.
    What a personnel treasure !!!! the #3 ! How long is the Barrel???? Ol Deuce

When I was actively shooting in the Cowboy Action Shooting matches I used either my original Ballard or original Winchester 1885 HW in .32-40 with 12.0 to 12.5 grains of the old Hercules 2400 under a plain base Rapine 165 grain .321" boolit cast very hard (almost pure lino). If I wasn't winning the rifle side matches then it was definitely my own fault 'cause it sure wasn't the fault of either one of those rifles with that load! (And yes I still have both of those .32-40 rifles ... and a few more now as well!)

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

My mold is the old Winchester 165gr 32-40 ...It still drops a nice boolit and still works good in the 2 carbines I shoot ! my 2 rifles needs the reline
    to get them back in shooting order!!!!!

Ol Deuce