RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Lyman/RCBS sizing die for 9X18mm

Lyman/RCBS sizing die for 9X18mm

Anyone know if they exist? Could a regular 9mm be bored out to .365-.366 on a lathe?

Boolit Master

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...623&t=11082005

Is this what you were looking for?

Boolit Master

SP,

Yes you can bore them out on a lathe, but you can buy them already made.

Jerry
    Honor is a Way of Life

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Boolit Mold
    keep and eye out on evil bay. i got a set of rcbs carbide dies in 9x18 semi cheap i think they were like around 25 plus shipping

Oops, I should have worded that different, I meant For a lubrisizer. Sorry guys. The only one I could find was for a Saeco.

Boolit Grand Master
    Any brand of lubrisizer die can be bored out, some are just harder than others.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Go with a Lee Sizer and tumble. The sizer cost what? 12 bucks and the alox comes with it. That is unless you have an extra 9mm sizer die and lathe.

No matter, its about the same money which ever path ya take.

I have a 6 cav Lee SWC TL mold for 9x18. I've never a problem with leading using LLA. (in this calibur).
    Sprue ™

Boolit Master

After looking through the Midway catalog, it appears that Saeco is indeed the only company to make a .365/.366 lubrisizer die. the closest one from RCBS or Lyman is .363 and then jumps to .375. Maybe someone on the forum here has modified a Saeco die to work in a Lyman or RCBS press. I don't know if this is feasible but maybe Buckshot would know among others. Even Lee doesn't come close to the size you're asking for with their push though dies. Of course like mentioned above you could just cast and TL and shoot as cast if you get a mold to throw boolits close to your needed size.
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Buddy
    RCBS has been known to do customizing (they customized two seater plugs for me to fit my bullets better) so would suggest contacting them to see if they could give you an estimate to make you such a die.

I've got an RCBS .365 sizing die. It was regular order when I bought it, along with their 100gr. RN Makarov bullet mold, when it came out. The part number on the box is:#82248. I notice the mold blocks are also no longer listed in the catalogs. I would guess that using the part number, either Midsouth or Midway could order it for you.
    Morgan

Super Moderator

..........Saeco dies aren't readily convertable to use in the Lyman-RCBS lube presses. I can make Lyman-RCBS lube dies to any ID (to teh limits of the die body) for $24 + $2.50 rtn ship. A Lee type push through and push rod for $19 and the same shipping. Tolerance on both are nominal to +.0003". Nose punches for epoxy fill/custom fit are no problem also.

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    ..........Saeco dies aren't readily convertable to use in the Lyman-RCBS lube presses. I can make Lyman-RCBS lube dies to any ID (to teh limits of the die body) for $24 + $2.50 rtn ship. A Lee type push through and push rod for $19 and the same shipping. Tolerance on both are nominal to +.0003". Nose punches for epoxy fill/custom fit are no problem also.

................Buckshot
    Wow, sounds like a winner. I have this mould http://http://www.midwayusa.com/epro...eitemid=786209

I'll have to see If I have a top punch that will work or not.

rcbs 365 die

Quote Originally Posted by Stove_Pipe View Post
    Anyone know if they exist? Could a regular 9mm be bored out to .365-.366 on a lathe?
    I sent you a pm on a 365 die that i do not use Bill