Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just witnessed the shooting at a local gas station

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    I was an unknowing witness to an armed robbery of a grocery store in my early LE days. I was more interested in the pretty girl in line ahead of me in a peekaboo halter top and cutoffs. I saw the robber by the office, even gave a good description to the officer who met me pushing my cart to my car, had no idea what I'd witnessed. I was armed but I didn't see what was going on.
    That may have saved my life. I found out months later after the gang was captured that his backup was directly behind me.
    Sounds like the girl in the halter top just may have been the guardian angel on your shoulder that day. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by 500MAG View Post
    Broward county. Chevron station Taft & University to be exact.
    I was just going to say they had a shooting near me just like that. I live in Broward also
    Bobby

Boolit Master

And to think he only went in to get Skittles and iced tea.
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

I was not and I certainly would not have gotten involved. My boy asked me the same and I explained to him that this guy was going after a single individual and was not firing into a crowd. The news story makes it appear that it was just an argument that turned into him pulling a gun and shooting. What I gathered, from what was going on at the scene, was that these guys knew each other. While I certainly would have been more comfortable if I had my carry weapon I explained to my son that sometimes getting involved will cause a larger shoot out that could harm innocent bystanders. In that case, I would have got blamed.
    I have had a lot of formal training in shooting of all types. One of the most common threads in advice from the instructors is to "walk on". Unless you personally are threatened with harm, or it is an 85 year old woman being attacked by four thugs, do NOT get involved. You might do the right thing to get involved but your life will be hell afterwards if someone is shot.
    Sucks to be them......that is what he said.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmm_3940 View Post
    Those 'teeth'...
    That's how you can tell they've been forced to suck **** in prison because their teeth are all broken and replaced, so they can't bite!

Quote Originally Posted by 35 shooter View Post
    Sounds like the girl in the halter top just may have been the guardian angel on your shoulder that day. Wow!
    The world would be a much better place with more women like that
    You better watch where you go and remember where you been
    That's the way I see it I'm a Simple Man. - Charlie Daniels
    For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. -Matthew 6:14-15

Love Life
    For those who would involve themselves to save the day: I ask that you read on the Las Vegas shooting where two Police Officers and a CCW lost their lives.

The CCW holder had good intentions, did not assess the situation, and was killed rather quickly and easily.

I'll bet murder 1 doesn't stick. Easily raged cancer on society.

http://newsone.com/1859475/black-peo...r-same-crimes/

This is why I love Montana law....if you fear for your life, property or someone else's life you can intervene. Not saying that you will have an easy life after that but it is in the books that way here.
    They call it "common sense". Why is it so uncommon?

Boolit Master
    I found out months later after the gang was captured that his backup was directly behind me.
    Isn't this EXACTLY what happened to the citizen that came to the aid of the two cops killed in Las Vegas? The private citizen did not know the girl was part of the duo and he paid with his life for getting involved.

These folks many time have a "backup" in case just this type of thing happens.
    Roy B
    Massachusetts

www.rvbprecision.com

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rbertalotto View Post
    Isn't this EXACTLY what happened to the citizen that came to the aid of the two cops killed in Las Vegas? The private citizen did not know the girl was part of the duo and he paid with his life for getting involved.

These folks many time have a "backup" in case just this type of thing happens.
    Yup. Any ideas for strategies against this tactic?

They would have either come in together or had his backup in the store first. She probably loitered around and was the last in the line because she would have been waiting for the robber. Be wary of this but stay cautious of everybody. The backup will want a vantage to view everybody but be close enough to intervene.

Boolit Grand Master

These folks many time have a "backup" in case just this type of thing happens.-rbertalotto

Sorry about the hijack but these guys were good. There were four of them and four assignments, they would rotate thru the assignments and "work" in a few different towns so it took awhile for LE folks to figure out they were dealing with one group. One would go to the grocery store office and wait there. Second guy would find the store manager and force him to go to the office to open the safe. Third guy would hang out by the registers and keep an eye on things. Fourth guy was waiting in the car. I think there may have been a fifth member but I can't recall, I wasn't involved with the investigation. I think the press called them the "over the hill gang" because they were all middle aged. I remember the guy at the office wearing a longsleeved flannel shirt and it was a warm summer day, good weather for halter tops. And yes, that pretty little girl was my guardian angel that day.
    I have told that story to quite a few trainees to illustrate the point I made earlier; if you don't understand the situation you're generally better off not getting involved. Sounds cold and maybe a bit cowardly but in real life things are never quite exactly what they appear to be. Better to be a live & alert witness than a dead would-be hero.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    These folks many time have a "backup" in case just this type of thing happens.-rbertalotto

Sorry about the hijack but these guys were good. There were four of them and four assignments, they would rotate thru the assignments and "work" in a few different towns so it took awhile for LE folks to figure out they were dealing with one group. One would go to the grocery store office and wait there. Second guy would find the store manager and force him to go to the office to open the safe. Third guy would hang out by the registers and keep an eye on things. Fourth guy was waiting in the car. I think there may have been a fifth member but I can't recall, I wasn't involved with the investigation. I think the press called them the "over the hill gang" because they were all middle aged. I remember the guy at the office wearing a longsleeved flannel shirt and it was a warm summer day, good weather for halter tops. And yes, that pretty little girl was my guardian angel that day.
    I have told that story to quite a few trainees to illustrate the point I made earlier; if you don't understand the situation you're generally better off not getting involved. Sounds cold and maybe a bit cowardly but in real life things are never quite exactly what they appear to be. Better to be a live & alert witness than a dead would-be hero.
    I believe these Perps were practiced enough that no one even knew it was a robbery. What about disorganized Perps?
    The Perps do know what is going on. The Perps do have a game plan for anyone that interferes. If the Perps are not trying to commit mass murder do you want to raise the ante?
    What if the Perps want to herd everyone into the back room or cooler? Maybe then, but did you bring enough ammo? If any thing goes wrong and you are not merely defending your life you will be crucified in the press and will likely be criminally charged or civilly sued.

Boolit Grand Master

Broward county. Chevron station Taft & University to be exact.
    so glad to be out of there. Lived in Pembroke Pines for a while when I attended NSU. Definitely glad to be back in GA.

Boolit Master

Saw the pic. Nobody else noticed the resemblance? Looks like he could be Obama's son...

Couldn't help myself !

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterg View Post
    Saw the pic. Nobody else noticed the resemblance? Looks like he could be Obama's son...

Couldn't help myself !
    I don't think Michael can conceive.. but yeah, I see what you did there. Skittles, drugs, thuggery, yep he could be!

Boolit Master
    Who said he had to be from Michael??
    R.D.M.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
    Who said he had to be from Michael??
    they sure aint coming from the Williams transisters.

Boolit Master

Well, at least the shooter will be removed from polite society for a while. During that time he will get to call a big, muscle bound, hairy chested man, "Honey".
    Dysfunctional Disturbed Disabled Debonair Navy Veteran
    Swift Boats, Vietnam, 1967-1968.

"You are never too old to learn something stupid."