RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Could we put a bold line between stickies and new posts?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post
    not sure about anyone else, but I come here to converse with other like minded individual and relax and have some fun.

If this board were nothing but an information thread, I can assure you we would not have the active membership we have now.
    Boy ain't that the truth! I enjoy discussing casting, loading and shooting a whole bunch, but try to find someone in you everyday runnings that shares the same interests as you! Very rare around here. This place gives us Boolitheads a place to meet to share our hobby. And I have to say I've learned a lot more from you guys than I've taught!
    I shoot so that I can handload.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post

No surprise whatsoever that so many of the older members continue to leave.

So when are you leaving? Every post of yours is negative and insulting anymore. No one suggested radical change. And I get a good laugh at your personal attacks on me. Guess what, this forum could be improved upon. There is only one thing you can count on in life and that's that things will change. I didn't think asking for the stickies to be cataloged would warrant such a long winded hate filled response.

Banned

Who are the mods to ask?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post
    Who are the mods to ask?
    I'll bet there's a sticky for that!

Can we get a sticky on stickies? Or maybe a sticky that links to a sticky on stickies? How about we make all the posts stickies except for the stickies?
    They can take my guns when they get past my IED's.

Boolit Grand Master

All you guys who do the work setting this up THANKS! You're doing a great job and I appreciate all your efforts. I have no problem with stickies or anything else. Great site.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    All you guys who do the work setting this up THANKS! You're doing a great job and I appreciate all your efforts. I have no problem with stickies or anything else. Great site.
    Gary
    Thanks and praises from me too!

It might be an idea to try something to streamline the sub-forums. A pull-down sticky section might be an idea. Just hold the cursor over the word 'Stickies' and the stickies appear.

I also like the idea of a 'Sticky Thread' which lists the stickies when opened. That way we can see at a glance if there is a new entry without even opening it.

However, having the stickies on top like we do has it's merits too. All in all, this is a very good site and works pretty well as it is. Some improvements could always be made no doubt. If someone had the time they could edit some of the old and inactive stickies to shorten them to contain only relevant information on the topic. That's hard work and would require volunteers. I'd take it a step further and ask some of our prominent members to consolidate their useful posts into a single thread, something like a manual. That's even more hard work!
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Master

There is a "Classics and Stickies" forum on this site.

Only 5 of the 20 something stickies here have been posted in this month. It's now May 16 as I type this and some of the stickies have not been posted in in over a year. Is that a clue that something like 75% of the stickies are basically dead as far as day to day activity goes? Why not transfer the moribund stickies to where they belong: in the "Classics and Stickies" forum. Having moderated for over 10 years on an aviation related forum, I can tell you that this is not hard to do if you have moderator privileges.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scharfschuetzer View Post
    There is a "Classics and Stickies" forum on this site.

Only 5 of the 20 something stickies here have been posted in this month. It's now May 16 as I type this and some of the stickies have not been posted in in over a year. Is that a clue that something like 75% of the stickies are basically dead as far as day to day activity goes? Why not transfer the moribund stickies to where they belong: in the "Classics and Stickies" forum. Having moderated for over 10 years on an aviation related forum, I can tell you that this is not hard to do if you have moderator privileges.
    The stickies are sticky for a reason and exist where the do for a reason. They don't have to have daily activity for them to be NEEDED. Yes there are some that could be moved to the sticky forum.
    I vote to use electrical tape if a bold line is needed to separate the stickies.
    This thread should be stickied too.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 375RUGER View Post
    The stickies are sticky for a reason and exist where the do for a reason. They don't have to have daily activity for them to be NEEDED. Yes there are some that could be moved to the sticky forum.
    I vote to use electrical tape if a bold line is needed to separate the stickies.
    This thread should be stickied too.
    I agree that some should be held, but as I noted in my post, there is a "Classics and Stickies" forum. Why not use that forum for what it is apparently intended for? The search function will find the threads there as well as here.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Banned

true and it would be an easy reference for the rest of us to point to, just post a link to one place instead of having to find the particular one you want. Like a Buffet at an all you can eat place "Here you go! Take what you want!"

Banned

Dead stickies need to be moved or let go.

Boolit Master
    Blammer---I must respectfully disagree! Just because a sticky thread is not accumulating more posts, which is what I think you mean, it does not mean that thread is "dead" and not being looked at, especially by new(er) members. Those threads made it into the sticky category due to the educational content.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
    Those threads made it into the sticky category due to the educational content.
    Have you looked at all the stickies? There are a good portion w/ little to no educational content.

I still want to see a sticky on stickies about stickies.
    They can take my guns when they get past my IED's.

Boolit Mold
    Scroll down to the first one that does NOT say STICKIE come on try, you can do it.

Banned

Several have little or no educational content, and yes many have not been posted to in a long time. So why not keep the active threads on the top, and combine all the sticky topics into ONE Sticky topic at the top. Like an Table Of Contents, click on the "chapter" you want to see and it will bring you to the thread to read.
    Last edited by Blammer; 06-05-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Banned

btt

Moderator Emeritus

I am of the opinion that the worst thing you can do is post in a sticky. Let it be kept up to be read and learned from, posting in it just ads to the lenght, generally with out adding information. I also find it so easy to navigate down it is scary. For me the line is a non issue, just my opinion.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze