Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Remington moving to Huntsville, AL?

Suck it up Yankee union lovers, these companies have had enough and will move to the South where they will not have to deal with the BS in places like New York, Connecticut, IL etc. I would not blame Colt for totally moving their operations to Florida completely too. We Southerners care more per capita about our Second Amendment rights and our gun industry than the Northeast by miles.

Boolit Master
    This is a good start. It is past due time that libtards learned that rhetoric has consequences...

Rich
    David Allan Coe for President

The more companies they chase to the South or the non commie West, the better, the worse off they are and they deserve it.

Love Life
    If Colt moves to Florida, expect SAA stamped in CT to go full retard on prices.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Remington recently auctioned off a BOATLOAD of old Marlin machinery. They are coming into a new era in my opinion. You should see the new actions from Brownells made with CNC. I have one sitting right in front of me that is superb (except for the whole soldered on bolt handle thingy).

Now if they'd pull their heads from their buttocks and get better barrels...
    Think of the Pietta C&B pistols that Cabela's sells and were made possible by Pietta investing in state of the art CNC machine tools to produce them. I have two of the Pietta 1858 Remingtons that are finished very, very, well indeed and are extremely accurate, paid just over $200.00 each.

Family and I got tour of the Ruger plant in Prescott, AZ, and automation of the machine tools was something to behold.

Boolit Master

Remington's reaction to New York's "SAFE" act: let's see how Cuomo spins this!
    Gun control is not about guns.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkins45 View Post
    It's not that simple. I know some VERY rural Appalachians who dearly love their nanny state handouts and are heavily armed. They love to complain about that (insert favorite racist slur here) in the White House who wants to take their guns away, but are happy to cash that welfare or "disability" check and use EBT cards to buy food.

It's more complicated than just gun rights. But to address the original point of the thread: moving is good but what would be even better would be if the gun makers would refuse to sel their products to NY state government or police agencies. People who hate guns shouldn't be allowed to buy them.
    It's more complicated than just gun rights. But to address the original point of the thread: moving is good but what would be even better would be if the gun makers would refuse to sel their products to NY state government or police agencies. People who hate guns shouldn't be allowed to buy them.

Amen !!! To that what is good for the goose is good for the gander!!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by wch View Post
    Remington's reaction to New York's "SAFE" act: let's see how Cuomo spins this!
    He already is. Saying they are not loosing jobs.. what is true.. for now the plant is still there, running, as always... BUT... we missed out on all those NEW jobs, that are moving somewere else. Sadly its not 90% of upstate that is causing this. The state is so waterd down by the people in NYC that we are stuck getting dragged in the mud by them.

Boolit Master
    They all need to move from NY , any one that has anything to do with making the ammo and firearms.

Then charge a huge sir charge to move it back in, also charge the government there sir charge for insurance charge for under insured law enforcement even if it is a line of bull. Look they are use to it the Oil Company have been doing it for past 10 years or more, Oil at 98.00 and 3.50-3.75 for gasoline, should be like 2.25 !!

Make them pay it was there Idea. Remington is doing these I support them as Much as I can. Would like to see same if not more happen in Conn.

Make them PAID !!! All that smart make them PAID WITH MONEY , use it to help move the employes to new plant.

Boolit Master
    Typically the reasons these companies are really moving to the south has NOTHING to do with gun laws. Mostly they move due states with low tax rates and non-unions!

Boolit Master
    Move the old Numeric Arms (sp) // Gun Parts Inc. not sure of name now, move them to.

Maybe better yet, make NY NY and area around them a new State, let the other 98% of land owners have the rights back !! They love there big city so Much. They had some heavy gun laws there for year has it changed?? I have no good reason to go there, have a Niece there, unless she in need of help. I never go there and waste time or money.

I don't care to even watch News or the Markets There. Have to all start one cent a time standing are ground. Remington should change there stock out of NY Stock Exchange to a different one, so should any other company in firearms.

Start doing changes like this and they all will say why, they have shown they only care about today and now, have no idea what made us the country that is and can be. They all like the control go back to Europe, Why did every ones families all leave to start with. TOO MUCH CONTROL, FREEDOM

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by garym1a2 View Post
    Typically the reasons these companies are really moving to the south has NOTHING to do with gun laws. Mostly they move due states with low tax rates and non-unions!
    And we have a winner. 10 years tax free is awfully appealing to stock holders. Remember that Remington is part of a large corporate umbrella. I'm sure that the anti gun laws have some play in it. But like most things in life, follow the money.

And as far as rural goes? Have you guys been to upstate NY where Remington is located? It's extremely rural. We have a saying in PA. You have Philly on the east, Pittsburgh on the west and Alabama in the middle. There are Bubbas all over the US.

Boolit Master

Beretta is also moving to the South. Moving to middle Tenn. about 25 miles from my home. They are moving from Maryland, my old home state. The news station said the move was for "expansion" however word on the street is that they will close the operation in Maryland due to anti-gun laws there.

Larry

I was about to send them my H&R receiver to get it fitted with a .357 barrel. In fact, I already have my order # and confirmation email about it. They are just waiting on it to show up, but I might just hold off. I know it could be years but it sure would be cool to see "Huntsville,AL" stamped on the barrel. I could also run up there in about 45min on an afternoon

Boolit Master
    Im sad for the folks upstate to loose their jobs. Its hard finding work up there. Maybe they will get an offer they cant refuse to re locate to Ala. Its beautiful country there, lots of farm land. Lots of city folk go up there to retire and live well.
    With Beretta moving and Hopeful Remington moving, there are lots of other firearm related company's that should follow too.

What ever happen to Magpul moving out of Dope smoking Colorado ? God Bless all of them for going south either for tax breaks or gun laws or just to tick off the anti gun libral Como's, Bloomberg's in the north.

Ya just got ta love it ! Mike

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Red View Post
    Don't care where Remington moves too as long as they start making better weapons!
    Lefty that would put dozens of gun righters out of work. You would be taking one of there staple subjects away. "How to make your Remington shoot better." Next you will want to take away comparing the 38 spl to the 9mm.
    Bill

Banned

The Beretta family said the specific reason they were moving was the idiotic gun laws. That is why Magpul is moving, idiotic liberal gun laws

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by The Virginian View Post
    Suck it up Yankee union lovers, these companies have had enough and will move to the South where they will not have to deal with the BS in places like New York, Connecticut, IL etc. I would not blame Colt for totally moving their operations to Florida completely too. We Southerners care more per capita about our Second Amendment rights and our gun industry than the Northeast by miles.
    Damn straight.

I keep writing letters to Mossberg, Colt and Smith & Wesson informing that so long as they remain rooted in enemy territory, neither myself nor anyone in my family will ever purchase a new product from them.

When Beretta gets set up and operational in Tennessee, I'll be buying my wife and both grown daughters Beretta firearms just to make a point and support the move.

Likewise, I'll buy some Magpul magazines when they get cleared out of Colorado--and I don't even own an AR-15 and have no intention of ever doing so. But I'll buy a few magazines and give them out as birthday and Christmas presents just to show support.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post

And as far as rural goes? Have you guys been to upstate NY where Remington is located? It's extremely rural. We have a saying in PA. You have Philly on the east, Pittsburgh on the west and Alabama in the middle. There are Bubbas all over the US.
    This is a perfect example of why we despise you damned yankees down here in the South. You think if it ain't NYC, Philadelphia, Boston, Baltimore, et al, then it must be Bubba-land.

I think I'll stop now, take a break and give Frank some some more company.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    This is a perfect example of why we despise you damned yankees down here in the South. You think if it ain't NYC, Philadelphia, Boston, Baltimore, et al, then it must be Bubba-land.
    You realize it's not meant as a slam against the south, right? And we do live in the same country. I don't hate people from the south while you seem to hate everyone from the north. I judge a man based in his character, not where he is from.