WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataTitan Reloading
RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision

Thread: M-95 .330 bullets 100 gr TMJ 500 for $48

M-95 .330 bullets 100 gr TMJ 500 for $48

M-95 .330 bullets 100 gr TMJ 500 for $48 or take 10 t0 12 bucks off that if you have a FFL or a C&R. I would think 10 gr Unique and it would make a nice plinker. Or load er up.
    I'm going to give it a try anyway.
    Graf & Sons

http://www.grafs.com/metallic/566

Super Moderator

They're the ones on the left. Sorry for the poor photo. I bought 100 of'em a couple years ago, along with those 30 cal WC's on the right.

I loaded the 30 cals up to use in my Ruger BH. Cast boolits outshot them. Returning to the slugs in question, those .330" RN's shot like crap. I used a M95 and a M95/31. The M95 is like new and the M95/31 has a super barrel also. Rather then buying 500 of'em or even 100, you can have what I have left for the cost of shipping. I just checked and there are about as many left as shown in the photo.

PM your addy and I'll ship them and you can just rtn a check for the shipping amount shown.

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Have 500 somewhere on a truck between Mo and SD.
    Shucky darn Buckshot sure bust my bubble. Had a thought
    I may have found a cheap jacketed Soup can for the M95/31
    Being a J bullet it would take all the miss match and ruff pitted bores.
    Thank You Buckshot for your kind offer.

Super Moderator

................I'm sure the large long throat and leade account for the poor showing. I'll bet those little 100 grainers can do a couple half gainers and a backflip on the way from the case to the lands

.......Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Buckshot .
    .330" RN's shot like crap
    Wow understatment. I don't think you could keep them on a soda can at 25 yards.
    I would of expected more out of a round ball. Red Dot at about 1600 FPS. I don't
    know if you slow them down to 1000 FPS if that would help?

Boolit Master

It might, give it a try now that you have them. That is probably a pretty short bullet for the twist. Might try breech seating them, but that is an awfully big PIA for a plinker.
    I would think the Lee Karabiner from Mid South with a mild load would work better. You can seat that out pretty far and the price is right as well.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Boz330 View Post
    It might, give it a try now that you have them. That is probably a pretty short bullet for the twist. Might try breech seating them, but that is an awfully big PIA for a plinker.
    I would think the Lee Karabiner from Mid South with a mild load would work better. You can seat that out pretty far and the price is right as well.

Bob
    To small. Lee does have a .329 but Buckshot and others say you may need more like .333 give and take few thou.

I don't know what you use for a gas check? for a .329 or a .338 bullet?? I can find not .338 GC's??
    Those .330 just might get rund thru a sizer to .311 or larger for a CZ 52

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    To small. Lee does have a .329 but Buckshot and others say you may need more like .333 give and take few thou.

I don't know what you use for a gas check? for a .329 or a .338 bullet?? I can find not .338 GC's??
    Those .330 just might get rund thru a sizer to .311 or larger for a CZ 52
    Greg,
    Mine come out of the mold @ 329. If you would like to try a few, drop me a PM with addy and I'll send you a some to try.

Bob

Smile

I think Lee says their mould uses regular 8mm/.32 gas checks.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    I think Lee says their mould uses regular 8mm/.32 gas checks.
    Yepper! I use Hornady 8mm/.32cal gas checks on mine.
    They cast .329 to .332, depending on the alloy.
    The Hornady gas checks run around .340 before sizing so you might get away with sizing them a couple thou over the body size.

Jack

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't have an M-95, that said; wouldn't it be easier to use a .338 boolit and size it down a few thousandths?

Robert

Smile

That's been done, too. Also, shooting .338" boolits without downsizing. Look through the archives.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Quote Originally Posted by jhrosier View Post
    Yepper! I use Hornady 8mm/.32cal gas checks on mine.
    They cast .329 to .332, depending on the alloy.
    The Hornady gas checks run around .340 before sizing so you might get away with sizing them a couple thou over the body size.

Jack
    That opens up every thing I was wondering.

Ricochet That's been done, too. Also, shooting .338" boolits without downsizing. Look through the archives

Yup I have and it was the GC thing that had me banging my head, You guys don't know how helpful you have been.

Super Moderator

..............Boolits I've tried in my 2 straight pull Steyrs:

A) A Saeco limited production schuetzen tapered type FNPB at 205grs. Fired 'as cast' at .336" and at velocities around 1200 fps does okay.

B) The Lee .329" slug. Unshot due to it's size but I bought it because I thought it might drop larger then spec'd. Didn't so I'll use it for a fat grooved 8mm CZ24.

C) RCBS 205gr slug for the 338. Does pretty well. Drops from the mould @ .340".

D) A "One Off" full custom design Oldfeller had Dan at Mountain Moulds do. It has shot the best by far to date. Too bad the mould is history. While it was passed around I cast a shi*pot full, but the pot will eventually dry up. If I'm not mistaken this was the last full on custom mould Dan did before limiting designs to his online design program.

Two major accuracy limiting items with these rifles/carbines. First and easiet to get out of the way with the least words is the trigger.

Second and possibly worst of all is the chamber/barrel dimensions. Starting with the chamber, you have a chamberneck area large enough to swallow a cartridge with a .338" slug and a throat it will pass through. That wouldn't be so bad if the groove were .336" and the bore was .328 to .330".

However the groove runs from .329" (They say. Never heard of one) to .332" (heard of LOTS of these). Then as a rule they have a .316" bore. That makes the grooves .008" deep, which is twice what has been conventional wisdom for lo these past 120 years or so, give or take.

Sub Issue 2A These rifles have lands engraving and displacing .008" of lead in 4 places around the slug which is a bunch.
    Sub issue 2B: Directly tied to the above is that these 4 lands aren't the skinny Mauser type which have all 4 compriseing a bit less then 25% of the groove area. Instead the lands are 50% of the internal barrel surface.

That is a LOT of lead being displaced upon engraving and where does it go? I'd hazard to guess it moves to the rear. The jacketed bullet for the M31 (8x56R) is a boattail so any displaced material there isn't such a problem. However having all that lead displayed to the rear may do odd and wierd things to the base and GC thereupon. Just guessing as I've never recovered a fired lead slug.

Anyway, these dimensions in the chamber, throat, groove and bore just don't seem to be of this world and are obviously the work of aliens. At least IMHO

..................Buckshot

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post

That is a LOT of lead being displaced upon engraving and where does it go? I'd hazard to guess it moves to the rear. The jacketed bullet for the M31 (8x56R) is a boattail so any displaced material there isn't such a problem. However having all that lead displayed to the rear may do odd and wierd things to the base and GC thereupon. Just guessing as I've never recovered a fired lead slug.

Anyway, these dimensions in the chamber, throat, groove and bore just don't seem to be of this world and are obviously the work of aliens. At least IMHO

..................Buckshot
    humm. You got me thinking Buckshot. What would happen shooting a GC bullet with no check?
    Would it give a place for the lead to go and seal the bore with the butt of the bullet. I got to order a Lee 338 mold this week. Now I have the GC thing figered out. (8MM checks)
    I have a place I can dig out bullets from. I best be getting after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz330 View Post
    Greg,
    Mine come out of the mold @ 329. If you would like to try a few, drop me a PM with addy and I'll send you a some to try.

Bob
    Bob thank you for your kind offer. I think I will just order a Lee 338 mold and call it a day. Shipping so darn high that getting a mold seems like the easy way out.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    Bob thank you for your kind offer. I think I will just order a Lee 338 mold and call it a day. Shipping so darn high that getting a mold seems like the easy way out.

Yeh it would probably be half the price of a Lee mold.

Bob