RepackboxTitan ReloadingMCD ProductsInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply

View Poll Results: How much would you sell your 500 round boxes of 22lr for?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • $20

10 9.43%
  • $30

18 16.98%
  • $40

20 18.87%
  • $50

14 13.21%
  • $60+

44 41.51%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How much would you sell your 500 rnd 22lr boxes for?

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    If everything in this world were sold at auction, there would be a lot of unhappy people. Those with the financial means would have no problem spending whatever it takes to acquire their ammunition or firearms or antiques or guitars or watches or computers or anything else that people yearn to own.

Those on fixed incomes would get screwed every time because chances are slim--real slim--that they could keep up with the high-roller bidders and buyers.

True, Very True. And did you detect the sarcasm in my post?

This is why the big box retailers do not use this method, thereby buying in huge quantities and selling at a marginal markup to the masses, whether they be on a fixed income, or be a high roller, and making a higher living standard of living here. It seems to work well.

But then I also surmise many here think the big box stores have no idea how to determine the "Fair Market Price", or is it in fact the "Street Price"?
    Last edited by jcwit; 01-20-2014 at 12:41 AM.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammersix View Post
    I wish I'd seen the shortage coming. I would have been able to set the price.
    What is the matter, are you blind. All you have to do to set the price is buy all of it from the scalpers and your in the business of setting your own price.

Perma-Banned

Just another example of capitalism at work. Don't own a gun or even want to shoot? Camp out at Walmat and buy all you can when you can. Then flip it and double, triple, or quadruple your expense. Capitolism. Do I like this? No. Do I wish something could be done about it? Yes. Can something be done about it? Probably not. The vast majority of members on this board would not do anything remotely resembling this. Eventually, things will stabilize, the ammo will be available, but the poor schmucks who got in late on the game will get their clocks cleaned, when they cannot even recoup what they paid. What I have is not for sale, but if a kid needed some, I would see to it that they had some.

OB

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3]Je suis Charlie

Safeguard our way of life...Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!!!

Boolit Master

I usually dont sell any 22's or any reloading componets to anyone ever, but for christmas i gave my brother in law 5 boxes of auto match. luckley just before christmas i picked 3 boxes of AM at WM and only had to take 2 boxes from my stach

Love Life
    I would trade 1 brick of 22lr for one 3 oz vial of Unicorn tears. Straight across.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    I would trade 1 brick of 22lr for one 3 oz vial of Unicorn tears. Straight across.
    I have a pint jar 3/4 full. How many 22s you got we might strike up a deal ????

Boolit Buddy
    By the way these were from a pink and white full blood with papers unicorn.......

Boolit Grand Master
    Better get hip boots on, the thread depth is increasing apace.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Banned
    Pink and white unicorn tears used to go for twenty cents a gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammersix View Post
    Pink and white unicorn tears used to go for twenty cents a gallon.
    Well, that's just capitalism at work.
    If you don't like it, you're a communist.

Boolit Master
    If my little bit of 22LR hadn't been lost in that tragic boating accident...

I've never bought or reloaded any ammo with the idea of selling it. I've never sold any cartridges and never plan to. If I'm out hunting or shooting with friends I share whatever I have. If a Cast Boolit member was local to me and needed some 22LR and I knew I had more than enough for my own kids, sharing would be the right thing to do. Price? No money! Trade for something else.

Best scenario I can think of is a joint trip to the range. He donates the range fees and I donate a couple of bricks of 22s to him and his kids.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

I will give brick of 22lr for a pound of unique. Anyone in the St. Louis, MO or DAYTON, OH area???

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by CBMC View Post
    I will give brick of 22lr for a pound of unique. Anyone in the St. Louis, MO or DAYTON, OH area???

I would be tempted to take you up on that deal if it weren't three hours from my door to Dayton.

I have 2000 CCI Stingers & 500 Aquilla super mags all put away, not for sale at any price.
    The other this & that 1000 is for my grand son to shoot up
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by CBMC View Post
    I would also trade if you were closer!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    True, Very True. And did you detect the sarcasm in my post?

This is why the big box retailers do not use this method, thereby buying in huge quantities and selling at a marginal markup to the masses, whether they be on a fixed income, or be a high roller, and making a higher living standard of living here. It seems to work well.

But then I also surmise many here think the big box stores have no idea how to determine the "Fair Market Price", or is it in fact the "Street Price"?
    That is not why big box stores sell at a low mark-up to the masses.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

There is enough fat in the federal government that if you rendered it you could wash the world
    Ronald Reagan.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    If my little bit of 22LR hadn't been lost in that tragic boating accident...

I've never bought or reloaded any ammo with the idea of selling it. I've never sold any cartridges and never plan to. If I'm out hunting or shooting with friends I share whatever I have. If a Cast Boolit member was local to me and needed some 22LR and I knew I had more than enough for my own kids, sharing would be the right thing to do. Price? No money! Trade for something else.

Best scenario I can think of is a joint trip to the range. He donates the range fees and I donate a couple of bricks of 22s to him and his kids.

smokeywolf
    That would be a plan!

There is enough fat in the federal government that if you rendered it you could wash the world
    Ronald Reagan.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by HNSB View Post
    Well, that's just capitalism at work.
    If you don't like it, you're a communist.
    No, that would make you a Democrat

Ronald Reagan.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    That is not why big box stores sell at a low mark-up to the masses.
    Neither do they attempt to gouge their customers, as the worthless ones in the secondary black market attempting to sell their products for the so called "new norm". Was using it as an example.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master
    I am not looking to sell what I have right now, but if a close friend in the shooting game were to ask if I had any and they NEEDED it (totally out, want to plink gophers with the kids, etc...) I would gladly hand them one for $20. The bricks I have I paid $15 for, I figure they would be about 20 on the shelf today, and wouldn't want to screw over someone like that, even though people are paying triple that. If I like you well enough to sell my .22's, then I certainly don't want to take advantage of that person either. I have already given away one brick to a friend that has always helped if I needed it. I am in no big crunch, and only really shoot .22's at gophers anyways, so it is not a huge issue to me, at least for a few more months, on top of that we could make this gopher season fine with what we have.

The other side of the slippery slope being that if a brick got worth enough to be tempting ($100+) I would figure we have big problems and I will want to hang onto that ammo for dear life anyways.
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith