Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Interesting thread.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master
    Ohio- Painesville and Cleveland and Port Clinton.
    Look up powder valley or grafs or maine powder house. But while hazmat is pricey in the states too, you're looking to ship a hazardous material internationally. Seems right for me to the price; best just to get it from a Canadian distributor outright.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by pearcetopher View Post
    found a goex distributor with 10 km of my place

going to ask him if he had to pay the 75 dollars for shipping

I'm going to call cabelas today and do more yelling
    What you are not understanding is it’s probably not Cabela's. You are shipping a hazardous substance across the border so there are rules, regulations and fees that the shipping company has to deal with that you are getting charged for. Right on Cabela’sr web site when you order powder it says UPS charges an extra $20 to ship powder and it $20 for 1 pound or more. So I would think the problem is trying to purchase powder from the US instead of Canada. So yell all you want but I think the problem is more self-induced than anything.

never new they sold BP in their stores or on the web?
    Last edited by gandydancer; 10-24-2013 at 10:13 PM. Reason: wrong area.
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"

Boolit Master
    Actually guys, Cabela's now has outlets within Canada and I assume that's who he called. None the less, the shipping costs are probably not Cabela's fault at all but are due to transport regulations involving explosives and who can transport them.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pearcetopher View Post
    I'm going to call cabelas today and do more yelling
    It worked the first time - right???
    Most people learn from mistakes...others, not so much.

I used to run a customer service department. I had less than a handful of abusive calls a year but I told our reps to transfer calls like yours directly to me. Funny how some men think a woman in customer service is some kind of idiot and can be talked down to.

BTW, you have received some good alternatives. I hope you have better luck elsewhere.

Boolit Buddy
    I had a person call me from Canada wanting to buy a small ultrasoni cleaner, by the time I figured out the postage and duties the unit went from $65 to $130. What happened to NAFTA? As to yelling, I was getting phone calls from a credit card co. wanting to collect from somebody with the same last name as mine. They kept asking for the account number and couldn't/wouldn't understand that I didn't have an account with them. I started out polite didn't end up that way. Took me three tries and about a month+ to get straight. Last time I got a native English speaker and that solved the problem, yes I was polite to her.

Boolit Buddy

The USA and Canada are tied together with free trade except when a person wishes to ship items back and forth. No such luck in that case and Canada doesn't make it easy for any US company or person to export anything to Canada. I know because I used to have a web computer business and shipping to Europe was easier that to Canada. Maybe you such call your government and ask why. Canada has a huge fear of the US wiping out Canadian jobs. I know from having to cross the border in a former job and having to lie about what I was doing or going through months of hell tring to meet the Canadian rules for contract work. I also know how to cheat and help out my Canadian family members buy stuff, like tires, in the USA and sneak them back into Canada.

Getting loud as some $8/hr phone person can't solve your shipping problems so why act out your anger on them. Either cancel the order or ask for the supervisor. You were in the wrong. Those on this website that are posting insults are also wrong.
    Last edited by LeftyDon; 10-24-2013 at 04:20 PM.
    In 2020 congress finally forced the VA to provide Agent Orange coverage to Blue Water Navy Vietnam veterans. RIP shipmates that never received proper care.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftyDon View Post
    The USA and Canada are tied together with free trade except when a person wishes to ship items back and forth. No such luck in that case and Canada doesn't make it easy for any US company or person to export anything to Canada. I know because I used to have a web computer business and shipping to Europe was easier that to Canada. Maybe you such call your government and ask why. Canada has a huge fear of the US wiping out Canadian jobs. I know from having to cross the border in a former job and having to lie about what I was doing or going through months of hell tring to meet the Canadian rules for contract work. I also know how to cheat and help out my Canadian family members buy stuff, like tires, in the USA and sneak them back into Canada.

Getting loud as some $8/hr phone person can't solve your shipping problems so why act out your anger on them. Either cancel the order or ask for the supervisor. You were in the wrong. Those on this website that are posting insults are also wrong.
    Actually, Lefty we have a lot more problems with U.S. regulations (read Homeland Security) in getting things exported from the States. Today I went looking for a gunsmith who could supply a new barrel for an old Sedgely , 1903 Springfield 22 Hornet. By the time U.S. barrel manufacturers buy a permit allowing them to export a one of order rifle barrel to Canada the retail price here was driven up to $700.00. This was not a match grade barrel referred to. Canada Customs is easy compared to the **** foisted on exporting manufacturers by your own Government. Paranoia at work.

Boolit Grand Master

Im not sure calling people tards is a good way to go on the phone but for the lady to say that people pay that pri ce all the time deserves that moniker as do the people paying it.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

To avoid shipping costs on BLACK powder our club buys 50 pounds at a time and drives 150 miles to get it. I would never even consider ordering just two pounds. But call Doc at Upper Missouri Trading Co and see what his shipping is.

Boolit Master

What you hit were Hazardous material charges levied by the carriers.
    There are very few, if any, incidents where black powder has been an issue for a carrier.
    There are no special precautions taken by the carrier either - it is just a charge they tack on.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by stocker View Post
    Actually, Lefty we have a lot more problems with U.S. regulations (read Homeland Security) in getting things exported from the States. Today I went looking for a gunsmith who could supply a new barrel for an old Sedgely , 1903 Springfield 22 Hornet. By the time U.S. barrel manufacturers buy a permit allowing them to export a one of order rifle barrel to Canada the retail price here was driven up to $700.00. This was not a match grade barrel referred to. Canada Customs is easy compared to the **** foisted on exporting manufacturers by your own Government. Paranoia at work.
    No doubt that's true too.

Most likely to get worse since lately the US gov't seems to think long friends are enemies and enemies need our cash/weapons/support. Company my wife works for had moved production of some stuff to Europe and since 9-11 they can't re-import it since it could be used as a bio-weapon. So they now have to purchase from outside their own company. Go figure.
    In 2020 congress finally forced the VA to provide Agent Orange coverage to Blue Water Navy Vietnam veterans. RIP shipmates that never received proper care.

Boolit Buddy
    found a man today who sold me FFFG and FFG and will re crown my barrel

what a wonderful world this is

Boolit Buddy
    " Getting loud as some $8/hr phone person can't solve your shipping problems so why act out your anger on them. Either cancel the order or ask for the supervisor. You were in the wrong. Those on this website that are posting insults are also wrong."
    Lots of truth in that statement. Those folks are company trained, monitored and need a job . They can't fight back , and an attempt to do so puts them outside unemployed fast. I lasted 2 days in customer service in a department store once. Not an easy job.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Will someone please show me proof that FED EX OR U P S collects the haz mat fee.

Neither major location in my area has a clue what a haz mat fee is.

Look at different dealers and how much is shipped under one fee.

A couple of years ago I checked several dealers. One shipped 5K of primers. If you wanted powder that was another haz mat.

I bought 40# of powder from Cabelas. It was shipped from 3 different locations at 3 different times on 3 different trucks on the one fee.

I am sure that Fed Ex or U P S would have wanted haz mat fees for each truck involved if they collected the fee.

I have also ordered over 50K of primers from a vender for ONE haz mat fee.

Vender to vender sales do not get charged a haz mat fee from what I have been told by several LGS in my area.

I have read the fee is collected by the venders to cover their extra insurance involved.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master

Here's something for you, if you are in a pinch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKB8c4VLbw0

Boolit Buddy
    As far as that has-mat fee getting charged I thought that was an easy one. With 15 min . to waste and my computer search skills tuned for the chase Ye-ha. Well went down some box canyons , but got no where.

Vendor Sponsor

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...hip/hazardous/
    Its Charged per Physical Package ..
    Primers are supposed to be shipped seperate from Powder and both require a Haz Mat Fee
    some companys decide to skirt the rules and ship both together.. At least till they get caught and then they will have He@@@ to pay .. The fines are no joke
    some of the larger companys will wave a second or third haz mat if THEY have to ship from separate locations .. They are still paying the charge just not passing it on to you .. That's their decision
    I know all this as I am a Haz mat shipper not just guessing ..
    UPS charges the shipper $27.50 per package up to 100 LBS
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeym1a View Post
    Here's something for you, if you are in a pinch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKB8c4VLbw0

Several of us here make our own, but read "ALL" of the sticky before you do it please.
    Frank G.