Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Wideners

Thread: one year anniversary.....

Boolit Buddy

one year anniversary.....

one year ago today my wife started a new life of sobriety. she is a very brave woman who has overcome an illness that is as dangerous as any drug addiction. I love you Kim, one day at a time.

Banned

May God continue to bless you both. I love to hear a good report.

Boolit Grand Master

One day at a time. I'm sure she knows this, but nothing she does yesterday or tomorrow effects today's choices. Same with me and my diabetes - eating and exercising right or my blood sugar is up. May God go with both of you for the rest of your lives together, one day at a time.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Good for you two. You are on the right path. The Lord will continue to give you both the strength and courage to continue down the right path if you will continue to follow Him. We have very tight knit, praying Sunday School class that has successfully dealt with lots of issues down through the years. If you are not in a small to medium size class I sure recommend them to everyone. We ALL need that sort of interaction as we are all in need one way or the other. I am happy for you both.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Quote Originally Posted by imsoooted View Post
    one year ago today my wife started a new life of sobriety. she is a very brave woman who has overcome an illness that is as dangerous as any drug addiction. I love you Kim, one day at a time.
    I'm glad she is celebrating a year of clear thinking!
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Master
    Congratulations to both of you. To her for making the commitment and staying sober, and to you for supporting her.
    I've been sober for almost 30 years, and couldn't have done it without the help of God and my family.
    The most important of the twelve steps is turning it over to God...

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning and Praise God for deliverance from the snares of the devil.
    I will pray for her continued life of overcoming the desires of the flesh. It is a daily battle we all face. God will give daily victory. As the Lord Jesus said "Alone we cannot do anything in defeating sin, the flesh and the devil". I rejoice with you both !
    Mike in Peru
    "Behold The Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world". John 1:29
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Grand Master

Good for both of you! Her for the effort, you for sticking with her!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Congrats! Tell her to keep up the strength and go forward.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

July 13 1991 Was my first day clean. That first year was something! I am proud of her and anybody that travels this path. Took me a while to work out the God part but I asked and He answered!
    J
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by imsoooted View Post
    Good on you brother. My mother has had a problem her whole life. It's amazing the toll it has on a family. I'm glad you are going strong. Just remember it's for the best and it doesn't just affect you. But those you love. Keep strong!

In Remembrance

I am amazed to total it up and find I am 39 years sober this month, thanks to God and his support through prayer and his sending the right companionship and purpose into my life. I will pray for you both in your continued walk in a better life.

Boolit Man
    Congrats, it is a milestone to be sure. Prayers are sent for continued sobriety. You are also a champ for sticking it out with her. I'm facing the same with my wife of 25 years. May God bless you both.

So very happy to read this!! I just celebrated 6months clean and serene after a 3rd trip to in patient treatment. This time was different for me. It takes a strong soul and the humility to realize i just dont know what the heck i am doing in life. And for that, we have to be powerless and look to a power greater than ourselves. Thanks be to god for all that he can, and has given.

Thanks for sharing - it certainly helps us fellow recovering addicts to see success, even if it is only the first day sober!