Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Took the plunge...

Cool Took the plunge...

Well, after lurking around on this site for a bit, I've taken the plunge and in six to twelve weeks I should take delivery of a cast master, master caster (in 220VAC), and a star with all the trimmings.

I would like to thank everyone on this forum for the invaluable information I've obtained here.

Boolit Buddy
    VERY Nice.....now you need to automate the MC and Star....!!!!!!!

have fun, i do with my Magma gear....

wyman

Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    Well, after lurking around on this site for a bit, I've taken the plunge and in six to twelve weeks I should take delivery of a cast master, master caster (in 220VAC), and a star with all the trimmings.

I would like to thank everyone on this forum for the invaluable information I've obtained here.
    Solvang Shootist
    SASS 60905-Life
    Frontier Cartridge Black Powder Shooter

Thanks Wyman! I have my click PLC sitting on the desk by my laptop and I have almost all the other parts on order. I am definitely following yours hatches lead on the automation front. (I might even throw in some of my own personal wrinkles)

Boolit Buddy

Put an order in for one today, 2-3 month wait for the same setup. Except I was informed they no longer come with a mold as shown on their price sheet. Its not like I don't have one but I wish they would correct that.
    USN 86-92
    USAR 96-2013 Retired.
    CW3 USAR - 919A "Maintenance is our Passion"

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    Thanks Wyman! I have my click PLC sitting on the desk by my laptop and I have almost all the other parts on order. I am definitely following yours hatches lead on the automation front. (I might even throw in some of my own personal wrinkles)
    Looking forward to seeing everything up and running!
    USAF Retired

WAR EAGLE!

"A government that does not trust its law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is its self unworthy of trust."
    - James Madison

ADMIN

Quote Originally Posted by Powersgt View Post
    Put an order in for one today, 2-3 month wait for the same setup. Except I was informed they no longer come with a mold as shown on their price sheet. Its not like I don't have one but I wish they would correct that.
    Yeah they screwed me too. Twice in fact.
    When I bought my star they said it didn't come with a sizing die either. I said then what good is it as people need a sizing die. They said they didn't want to increase the cost of the Star. But in fact they did do just that by not including the die.
    Same deal with the MC. They didn't want to increase the cost so they didn't include a mold. Wish Lathesmith would make MC molds

Yea, I was a little taken back when I was ordering my setup. They asked if I wanted a mold and I said yes, one comes with it and they informed me that they no longer do that, so I ordered one anyway, that way the master caster comes complete and ready to go. Or should I say, ready to automate

ADMIN

I would cast first before you automate it. Just so you can see how it functions.

For those who don't want to.automate the whole process I would at least automate the lead pour.
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Powersgt View Post
    Well it showed up yesterday, sitting on the porch waiting for me along with a set of 8 358158SWC molds. Now to put it to good use making some rifle rounds.
    USN 86-92
    USAR 96-2013 Retired.
    CW3 USAR - 919A "Maintenance is our Passion"

Banned

Cool magma star lubesizer

still waiting. lubesizer. It will be fun.

Finally

After a long wait (I placed my order on February 28th), I arrived home this evening to be greeted by two very large boxes from Magma Engineering. It's Christmas at my house.....