Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan Reloading

Thread: Just Got a Promising EMail

Boolit Master

Just Got a Promising EMail

So the job situation over the past year or two has been- shall we say- crappy. After missing out on a job south of Missoula in August I wound up in Chattanooga. The job I have now is perhaps the worst I have ever had. The job I have now I started at 0800 on Dec. 3. By 0810 I realized I had made a serious mistake taking this position. I have multiple recruiters looking across the country for another position. One recruiter in particular has contacted folks in Billings and Tulsa with my interest leaning towards Billings. The recruiter just sent me this email...

Dear Beau,

What did you think of that Super Bowl!? Crazy game...
    Just to let you know, we are waiting for word from Montana and Tulsa. I expect to hear back very soon and get a phone call arranged. If they like the way the call goes, we will more than likely be making travel arrangements for you and your wife to head on out to Billings!

Woo Hoo! I hope the Billings deal works out! Tulsa doesn't look like a bad place either.
    At one with the gun.

I wish you luck

Boolit Master
    Billings is a hunters paradise, with plenty of room to shoot and roam, i hope you get the job!
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Boolit Grand Master

Good luck!

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

You would be in heaven in Montana, best of luck!
    "These are not hi-capacity magazines, these are standard capacity magazines. High capacity is belt fed from the can."

Boolit Master
    Billings is a great place, I go there a dozen times a year my brothern law lives there . We have a lot of fun many place to fish,shoot ,ride motorcyles in the mountains,ski what ever you like to do an no sales tax.

Boolit Grand Master

Nice range near Tulsa, Red Castle IIRC. Busy match schedule and a very nice facility. Met some really good folks @ BPCRS match there awhile back.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Quote Originally Posted by MtGun44 View Post
    Good luck!

Bill
    Ditto for me!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

I live about 90 miles north of Tulsa and enjoy it's many sports oriented venues. This spring the Bass Masters Classic is being held locally and the hunting and shooting sports are second to none. Great upland bird hunting as well as Turkey, Pheasant and lots of Deer and Hog hunting. I think you might enjoy the locale. BTW, the worlds largest Gun Show is held here annually.

Boolit Buddy
    As a native Montanan, I would love to go back. But I no longer have the anti-freeze in my blood, so it looks like Tennessee is where I am going to stay. The first time I entered TN from GA, I looked at my wife and said, "TN looks like a pretty good place to retire" (1996). A few years later I was stationed at Fort Campbell (2002) and have been here since. Retired from the Army in 2010.

If its the job, you may be going from one frying pan to another.

TN compared to MT, MT has a few more outdoor opportunities with the public lands, but TN has much warmer winters. And yes, the sales tax here sux, but no income tax.

Boolit Master
    And if you are into BPCR at all, Billings is pretty darn close to Forsyth, Mt, where they hold the annual Quigley rifle shoot in the spring, it would be worth the short drive!
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by 44fanatic View Post
    I no longer have the anti-freeze in my blood
    +1 to that ! I've got family that relocated to Idaho a few years ago, for the skiing. Now all I hear is complaints about below zero nights with a 20-knot wind whistling around/through the house. And this year it's even been frozen pipes. Makes me smug about having picked a more temperate climate, with abundant firewood and land that'll grow more than just rabbit-weed.

Phil
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    Best of luck to you
    FYI you'll like Billings way more than Tulsa. The heat and humidity is a killer in eastern oklahoma

Boolit Buddy
    Beau, what kind of work do you do?

Boolit Master

Thanks for the encouragement. I haven't heard anything from either job yet. I was on the phone for 59 min and 46 seconds with another recruiter this afternoon. I am getting lots of calls but they are for jobs in Illinois, New York, etc. It doesn't seem like anybody wants to go those states- self included.
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Master

My aunt used to live in Billings. I used to hear stories of 40 to 50 below. We had 24 below here this year. That is even too cold for me. I noticed that as I get older I dislike the cold more.

I wish ya'll the best!!

Ft Campbell is where we are trying to get to. We are at Ft Hood currently. Turned in the papers for a Compassionate Reassignment a few days ago (medical/mental issues with 2 children in our home that this base cant handle)!
    TN/KY is beautiful and it is where we wish to retire. After growing up at Ft Drum, him at Ft Jackson. Being to WA, GA, Hawaii, TX and many other places, The TN/KY area is where we wish to go and grow old.
    Not sure if it will help, But my dad is retired army, Relocating to Crofton Tn within the next few months and he works for HoneyWell, I hear they have ALOT of well paying jobs open. But you need to be near a military base. My dad works for them, And makes more in one week then my husband as a E-5 with 6 years in makes in a month!

Quote Originally Posted by 44fanatic View Post
    As a native Montanan, I would love to go back. But I no longer have the anti-freeze in my blood, so it looks like Tennessee is where I am going to stay. The first time I entered TN from GA, I looked at my wife and said, "TN looks like a pretty good place to retire" (1996). A few years later I was stationed at Fort Campbell (2002) and have been here since. Retired from the Army in 2010.

If its the job, you may be going from one frying pan to another.

TN compared to MT, MT has a few more outdoor opportunities with the public lands, but TN has much warmer winters. And yes, the sales tax here sux, but no income tax.
    ~Andrea

Boolit Grand Master

A bit of personal experience: We moved from New Hampshire - no sales tax, no income tax - to Virginia, with both. LOML is the numbers person and she figured the cost of living in both places. No significant differences when we moved 20 years ago. The only difference was how the State took the money!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!