WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: going to start making 224 swaging dies

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by danr View Post

also, dont forget the Fact has been proven, that soft brass is actually better for your barrels. it does less damage and less wear than hard copper. brass is nothing more than copper with tin, the tin acts as a lubricant.. this makes brass on steel, much like a oil light bearing.. unlike pure copper. given this, i have shown and proven that these dies CAN swage copper tubing into copper jacketed bullets.. j4's would be even better, but more expensive.. but it can be done for those who dont like 22 rimfires.

i hope that i dont come off as defensive, i'm just trying to point out some things..

thanks,
    DAn
    Be carfull to read what you wright before harping on others! Moderators may be able to attempt to keep peace but anyone can veiw your previous posts.

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Vendor Sponsor

I measured a 55 grain FMJ at .2235 out of curiousity also.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Boolit Buddy

the .5's on those digital calipers are nowhere near accurate.. so it could be +/- .001

this is because the readings are skewed by the amount of pressure your pushing on them to bring them together.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by BT Sniper View Post
    Be carfull to read what you wright before harping on others! Moderators may be able to attempt to keep peace but anyone can veiw your previous posts.

BT
    yep.. i should have read what i posted before posting it.. sorry for the innacuracy.

just an observation here but do you get a guarantee with ch4d, corbin, whoever else makes dies that the bullets you make with there dies will shoot 1/2 moa, 1 moa or ????? just wondering !!!! i didnt mention blackmon dies because i have them and no they didnt come with any guarantee !!!.. of course the other die makers do have reputations in there corner....but dan has stated that everyone will be satisfied with there purchase ?? if im mistaken dan please correct me......bill
    PMI pistol range USMC 85-89

im looking for these contender pistol barrels--> 6tcu,.30herrett

barrels i have-->.221 fireball,7-30 waters,7tcu,.357 herrett,.44 mag,6.5tcu

There's only 2 people in this world i trust, one of them is me the other one's not you...

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by jixxerbill View Post
    just an observation here but do you get a guarantee with ch4d, corbin, whoever else makes dies that the bullets you make with there dies will shoot 1/2 moa, 1 moa or ????? just wondering !!!! i didnt mention blackmon dies because i have them and no they didnt come with any guarantee !!!.. of course the other die makers do have reputations in there corner....but dan has stated that everyone will be satisfied with there purchase ?? if im mistaken dan please correct me......bill
    you are 100 percent correct.. i have stated that everyone will be satisfied.. either by owning a set, or by getting their money back.. either way. it doesn't matter to me.

i will try to prevent people from getting a full refund by attempting to work with them, or making replacements and so on.. but i will not bar anyone from getting a full refund.

but i cannot make a garantee that you'll shoot a 1/2 moa or a 1 moa..
    the accuracy is based on 3 factors which are out of my control.
    1. the load for which the bullet is placed under and or the refinement of that load
    2. the abilities of the shooter
    3. the rifle that was used.

dan

Boolit Buddy

ok.. i have just sent off the bullets for test shooting, and for sectioning.

they should be to the destinations in 2 - 3 days..

thanks,
    Dan

Banned
    The factors that are out of control are the knowledge to make good dies period.
    I recommend that any shooter on this forum would be well served to buy swaging dies from people like Dave Corbin , Richard Corbin, Larry Blackmon , Bullet swage supply and avoid the pitfalls of dubious quality even if it does take a while to get them . Just my opinion and I believe a constitutional right.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NoZombies View Post
    I think your mic is out of calibration.
    i took and had them check thay are ded on just like i keep them and remic and guss what came out the same as be for and i took some boolits with me and had a shop mic them thay came out the same mmmm

ok i found some thing out thay are out of round lol too
    Last edited by xfoxofshogo; 07-18-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    The factors that are out of control are the knowledge to make good dies period.
    I recommend that any shooter on this forum would be well served to buy swaging dies from people like Dave Corbin , Richard Corbin, Larry Blackmon , Bullet swage supply and avoid the pitfalls of dubious quality even if it does take a while to get them . Just my opinion and I believe a constitutional right.
    just do not know what to say to this

o ya if you can pots that send me $1000 buck you got to be rich god knows im not

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by danr View Post
    ok.. i have just sent off the bullets for test shooting, and for sectioning.

they should be to the destinations in 2 - 3 days..

thanks,
    Dan
    How would we know that the bullets you send are from the dies we are going to buy ? They could be made on other dies?

Boolit Mold
    Dan,
    Can we get an updated list as I have noticed people jumping out of the deal.
    I would also like to know the final cost as of now, so I can prepare for my shipment date. If you have the time thanks.

I realize this may have been stated before and if so sorry.

P.S. Most of us are still 100% behind you as we have been from the start.
    I commend you on you effort and say I do believe this is what has made this country strong, when the little guy can attempt to do the same as the big guy and make a product that people want, make it cheaper and in the process make a profit.

thanks, Jerry
    I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life. ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Longtime Swager View Post
    How would we know that the bullets you send are from the dies we are going to buy ? They could be made on other dies?
    ooo looks like a corbin just log in frist post and hes riping on some one

Boolit Buddy

well. i guess you dont.. when it comes to stuff like this, its better than going to a web site and seeing a picture and buying based on the picture alone.

all i have i my word.. and all i have is my reputation to stake on it.. this is why i used my REAL name on this forum, and every forum i've ever been on that deals with reloading, casting, or swaging.

my State REGISTERED UBI number is 60310842711
    my FEDERAL REGISTERED EIN number 90-0703019
    these registration numbers can be verified by anyone, and they hold me accountable for my actions.

dan

Boolit Master
    I'm still with danr.. I've been watching this thread and I'm still in.. from the first page till now.. and beyond.. till I have the dies in my hands...

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

jeeze guys,, lets show some manners.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Well, I have been following this thread with interest.

I will wait for testing and some reports from users, if its all good, I will buy a set of dies myself.

Dan, maybe do another vid with your AR on a front rest and a rear bag mate. Shoot out to 100 yards with 5x5 shot groups with each weight of your projectiles. If you are pressed for time, ask the third party to do the above test.

xfoxofshogo, no offence mate, however, please use spell check

Mike

Boolit Buddy

utah shooter is going to do a test shoot of the 75 grain sp's and 55 grain hp's.
    i'm assuming he'll do a 100 yard test. also i think he'll be using his bolt action rifle as well.

i have planned on doing a 100 yard or more test shoot with them.. but our weather has been poor for the last couple of weeks. seems like we may not get a summer this year.

dan

Sounds good Dan,

Hope you get some warm weather soon mate.

Mike

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.

You have a lot to learn about the members of this forum.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!