MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: All electric pickup. Still not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    Until they come up with a nuclear generator that weighs in under 400lbs to power and EV, I'm sticking with my nasty old diesel Dodge Cummings. Even then, how can I smoke out someone following to close?
    Same as skywriters do, inject oil into the hot manifold.
    Let's go Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Very nice. My hunting camp is 10miles off the road and 30 miles to town which has no chargers. My camp has no power, either. What use is this to me?
    The true believers don't care about anyone not in the city or that they can't control. If we die that's OK. They DO NOT CARE!
    Let's go Brandon!

Boolit Bub
    And just because folks have an EV doesn't mean there is no pollution. The electricity to charge it has to be generated somewhere and most likely in a gas or coal fired power plant. There isn't enough wind, solar and hydro energy to make this all work. Oh, and because EVs don't use gas there is no gas tax paid by these owners. Those of us that drive gas and diesel vehicles are paying the taxes that are supposed to help rebuild our interstate systems. And they want to make tractor trailers electrically powered. BS! My son-in-law drives a big rig back and forth across and around the contiguous 48. If he was driving an EV truck he might make one delivery per week. Not gonna pay the mortgage with that short run.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chaparral66 View Post
    And just because folks have an EV doesn't mean there is no pollution. The electricity to charge it has to be generated somewhere and most likely in a gas or coal fired power plant. There isn't enough wind, solar and hydro energy to make this all work. Oh, and because EVs don't use gas there is no gas tax paid by these owners. Those of us that drive gas and diesel vehicles are paying the taxes that are supposed to help rebuild our interstate systems. And they want to make tractor trailers electrically powered. BS! My son-in-law drives a big rig back and forth across and around the contiguous 48. If he was driving an EV truck he might make one delivery per week. Not gonna pay the mortgage with that short run.
    what this truely is about for biden and the democrats is people control not pollution control. The big oil companys support the republicans and the hippy liberals own the "clean energy" companies in this country. What they are doing is buying support from the left and trying to bankrupt the right. If he really cared about pollution he wouldnt own big homes and he would have got rid of his vette and bought a tesla. They pass laws and regulations without one consideration to the middle class that suffer from them. Why? because they dont have a clue how the middle class lives. You are a vote not a person to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    what this truely is about for biden and the democrats is people control not pollution control. The big oil companys support the republicans and the hippy liberals own the "clean energy" companies in this country. What they are doing is buying support from the left and trying to bankrupt the right. If he really cared about pollution he wouldnt own big homes and he would have got rid of his vette and bought a tesla. They pass laws and regulations without one consideration to the middle class that suffer from them. Why? because they dont have a clue how the middle class lives. You are a vote not a person to them.
    Those hippies don't own anything nuclear and it's going to bite them in the rump hard in the next 10 years.
    S - Submarine
    Q - Qualified
    U - Until
    I - I
    D - Die

Retired = every day feels like Saturday EXCEPT Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by BJK View Post
    The true believers don't care about anyone not in the city or that they can't control. If we die that's OK. They DO NOT CARE!
    Funny thing is they don't even know where food comes from. Turn off the power, turn off the water, and any metro area in America starts eating their pet dogs and cats in about 4 days. It will take them at least 48 hours to decide the blackout might be long term and we need to start going someplace else. Except they don't know where that is or realize that the locals are armed to the teeth AND will defend their own turf.

Did the Duracho back a bit here in eastern Iowa. Think sudden (like 45 minutes from nothing to howling) straight line winds at Hurricane force. Hurricanes you get lots of warnings for. Tornadoes you get okay warnings for. Duracho - nadda warning. Opened the eyes of a lot of people, particularly the core Lefties in Des Moines, Iowa City, all those enclaves of Liberalism.
    S - Submarine
    Q - Qualified
    U - Until
    I - I
    D - Die

Retired = every day feels like Saturday EXCEPT Saturday

Boolit Grand Master

Two big problems... The range is just short of my most ususal distance and here i need to run the heater all winter either driving or defrosting the vehicle. Heaven help the person caught in a drift for a couple of days.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chaparral66 View Post
    There isn't enough wind, solar and hydro energy to make this all work.
    And to make it worse, the leftists have been trying to remove the massive hydro dams on the Snake River for decades. Those dams account for 2/3rds of the electric power in our state.

Clean, reliable, and cheap energy. They created hundreds of recreation areas and allow cheap barging of the farmer's wheat and other grains to the sea ports.

Why do the insane leftists want to remove them? Because they claim they are harming the salmon migration.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

And here it comes ....in the Sierra's
    Last place to have an electric vehicle.
    link:
    https://www.sfgate.com/weather/artic...e-16724899.php
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Banned
    i told you that it would not work. we do not have the technologies yet.

https://www.westernjournal.com/bad-n...estern-journal

Quote Originally Posted by todd9.3x57 View Post
    i told you that it would not work. we do not have the technologies yet.

https://www.westernjournal.com/bad-n...estern-journal
    Nor enough electricity being generated. Just read that another hydroelectric dam out west was blocked again. Company still can't get paperwork right for the state to approve. 17 years and counting. And they want electric cars. Insanity at it's best.

Boolit Master

I'm sure that "they" will figure it out someday. It probably won't be in my lifetime(or for those a lot younger than me). It probably won't involve elements in short supply thus expensive(lithium). Hopefully, it will be the downfall of politicians like Biden.

I would still like to have one. I don't get too far from home nowadays anyway.
    John
    W.TN

Moderator Emeritus

There are some salt water batteries showing promise... but for now they are big and bulky. And they use up the battery plates over time so will need to swap batteries.

Boolit Grand Master
    What negative folks we have here. So many standing in the way of progress and willing to kill the earth for your selfish desires.

You do not need RV's or pickup trucks. When it is cold you work from home until it warms up. Amazon will deliver your groceries if you are snowed in.

We need to do it for the children!!!
    Don Verna

Son was all about that Musk PU, I asked why exactly… He runs a high stance Ram 4x4 Diesel PU that with a card change gets 30+ MPG said electric PU was just wonderful. Yeah, right. I said Go get youself a white Toyota PU in a turb diesel, like other places in the world….
    I asked my PH in RSA why he had only those PUs, he said, no reason, I do not care, as long as it is white, diesel and a Toyota…..So son says, yeah just like Iraq and Afghanistan, yep, just like.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    If that's what you want, then great. You can buy all the $60,000 pickups you want, I won't stop you. It sure would be nice to at least have one simple truck left, but they are gone for now, at least in the USA. You have a point with heat, you can't drive without it. The rest though, it isn't needed for what a pickup should be for.
    Standard, vinyl seat and floor, ac and heater, Cruise control is nice as is a stereo but I can always add one. Other than that and 4wd I'm good. I don't need all the computer chips and big screen tv nonsense or a backup cameral. I sure don't need to spend $70k
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    Someone commented on being a "Muscle Car" web site member and how many were "Energized" over the emerging EV Market. I will tell you; in my youth I had cars with a 427 engine and a big Holley 4 barrel Carburetor; and a 396 engine with a big Holley 4 barrel Carburetor. The Tesla acceleration leaves the memories of those two in the dust. Coming home from Spokane; we were behind a Tourista Pickup Truck towing a 30 foot Travel Trailer with all the Hazards flashing for at least 20 miles - one of those that would speed up every time there was a Straight-a-way keeping the backed up traffic from passing. I got a section of road where I could see far enough forward where I felt comfortable trying to pass; and I never before experienced acceleration like the Tesla had on passing that P/U and Travel Trailer. Not sure yet if the Tesla overcomes all of the negatives we have discussed.
    I've heard from people that own a Tesla that the acceleration is like nothing else bordering on insane.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Northern Virginia, where the freeway does roam.
    The acceleration of the Tesla is absolutely bonkers. You are pressed into the seat and imagine having to turn a water glass 90° to prevent a spill.

It is pure torque and it is all available instantly. The weirdest part is no engine noise only tires noise. The ludicrous mode is aptly named.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Standard, vinyl seat and floor, ac and heater, Cruise control is nice as is a stereo but I can always add one. Other than that and 4wd I'm good. I don't need all the computer chips and big screen tv nonsense or a backup cameral. I sure don't need to spend $70k
    Bingo!! Not only do I not need that stuff, I don't even want it.

Moderator Emeritus

Wonder how happy all the battery car/truck owners were sitting in that parking lot waiting for Donner Pass to reopen after some semi's spun out and blocked all the lanes! I heard it took 4 hours...