RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Repackbox Wideners
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How much does it cost you to shoot? Range Fees

I have a 100 yard range on my land. But I also am a member of a private indoor/outdoor club range @ $100/year and a donation of $5 per day. It's 60 miles away so I don't use it all that often. I do shoot USPSA there and that generally costs $20/match unless it's an all classifier match then it's $25.

Ours here is $150 a year. Guests are $10 for the day. An accompanied guest has 3 days a year without joining.
    There's 3 pistol ranges with back boards and steel knock over discs.
    A 50 yard rimfire range, a couple of shotgun ranges but you have to bring your own thrower.
    And concrete benches on the rifle range that goes out to 500 yards.

The range provides ear plugs & muffs, targets, staple guns, a chrono, spotting scopes, and safety glasses.
    All ranges have a roof, and is open 365 days a year during daylight hours.
    Its not '.50BMG friendly', but there is no restrictions on FMJ ammo or legal Class III weapons.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Its $100 a year dues , a one time initiation fee , private range / club rifle to 400 yards pistol to 50 yards , allowed to mine the berms , just put it back , pick up your mess .

I mine the berms a few times a year , they run 3 Garand matches a year , pistol matches about every month , wrong time of month for me to shoot in the pistol matches , I have kept my membership even through years where I have not shot there , membership required when I joined in the NRA now it is any gun rights organization .

Boolit Grand Master
    Currently have a 25, 50, 100 and 200 yard range on my 20 acres. At the hunt club I adjoin, I can get to 800 yards if I want to.

The guy who runs the hunt club made me an honorary member but I do a few projects a year and help out with the food plots. It might cost me $150 a year to be a member but I love it so a small price to pay. They use my ranges for sighting-in and playing.

Used to be a member of a Trap club but bought my own trap machine this year.

I can shoot for free if I choose.
    Don Verna

$37.50 a year (senior discount, $65 normally) plus NRA membership for a private range near me. Various distances to 200 yards max. Took me 7 years on the waiting list to join. It was worth it.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Banned
    The last time I shot at a Public range was the late 60's when a friend took me. I have 2 friends with small ranges (one is 10 minutes away) but I do most of my shooting at the end of an old logging road.

Cost - Cast them some boolits/help them load a little ammo, and gas & reloads
    Last edited by Conditor22; 06-29-2021 at 03:40 PM.

Boolit Master
    Besides the Boolits, it costs $40 for a 10 visit card. My Good Lady Wife presented me with one for Father's Day!
    IT IS A FINE AND PLEASANT MADNESS !

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfin View Post
    I don't shoot at a range. My brother has one on his land and I have a pistol / shotgun / .22 at the local Izaak Walton property ten minutes away. I guess there are advantages to living in the sticks sometimes.
    Lucky You!
    IT IS A FINE AND PLEASANT MADNESS !

Boolit Master

My club (Jamestownrifleclub.org) charges $50 for a one year membership. If you want a key to access the indoor range it's an additional $50. We are an NRA Golden Club, you must be an NRA member to join Jamestown Rifle Club and we can provide a discounted NRA membership to any prospective member. There are no range fees for practice sessions on any of the ranges, indoor or out. Match entry fees, if you should choose to enter a match, are collected by the match directors at the time of the competition.

So, for me, it costs $100 per year (that's less than $2 per week, folks!) to shoot year 'round, outdoors or indoors with heat, lights, HEPA-filtered air management, anytime I want to shoot. That's a great deal to me! If you live in Western NY, check us out! If you'ld like to come shoot as a guest, PM me!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Master
    Just sent a check to the Douglas Ridge Rifle club. $330.00. $150 initiation fee, $150 annual dues. Not sure what the last $30.00 is for. Have to be an NRA member. $150.00 annual work fee. Not sure what it costs to shoot. Sons picked it as the closest organized range. Have to go through an orientation course before I can shoot. At least one son sent in an application at the same time. Will have someone I canshoot with. Probably will shoot weekdays by myself. So Cal range in the National Forest cost $20.00 to shoot.

Boolit Buddy
    Dessert shooting-free but must have partner for safety, local range when by myself, outdoor 200 yrd $8.00 for the day, Thrs-Sun only.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Master

I paid $1000.00 for a lifetime membership in 2011. We pay $5.00 to participate in matches such as steel or action shoots to cover the cost of target sticks, paint, targets, ect. I just spent about 3 hours today on the 300 yard rifle range all by my lonesome. Shooting hours are 9am till dusk seven days a week. It has been well worth the cost of admission!

NRA membership is required.

Oh, I forgot! There are 2 other ranges closer. One is private that I belonged to a year ago and is only 20 miles away but there are far too many range nazis there. They pissed me off so I didn't renew. What really ticked me off was one of the range nazis telling me I couldn't pick up my brass (not range rules). Then at a supposedly sanctioned match they didn't use rules for Steel Challenge I don't need that. I understand it's now an outlaw match and rightly so.

Maybe 2 miles away from that range there is a public range only open at certain listed days. It's covered, state of the art for an outdoor range and costs nothing. The state got $3,000,000 from the feds to build and maintain it. It was in use by lots of folks previously and to keep the noise down for the local residents they built it. It's a really nice facility but I haven't used it yet. It's free to use (paid by fed' taxes).

https://www.facebook.com/pg/summerha...=page_internal

https://wgme.com/news/local/new-shoo...ens-in-augusta

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Krag 1901 View Post
    The Lincoln Rifle Club, where I shoot raised their prices for non-club members to shoot.

After being a member for many years I let my membership lapse, due to not wanting to support Wayne's grifting. You had to be an NRA member to join and I just couldn't support Wayne's BS any longer.
    Any how when I started back up shooting after the great powder panic, they had changed the fees for public shooters to $20 or $10 for Vets. Used to be $10 or $5 for vets.

At those prices I may rejoin the Club to shoot every week for free. I understand that they allow other Gun Orgs now so maybe I can maybe I can find one that I can support?

Back on topic,

How much does it cost to shoot where you are in Range Fees?
    0 dollars
    I own my own range
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

Our range is $75.00 per year for family. Unlimited access. Paper targets only. USPSA range so max distance is 75 yards.

Boolit Master
    My club range is $100 per year. It has two excellent pistol ranges and one 100 yard rifle range. The fee was recently raised for the club to start raising money to purchase land for a new range. The current range is on county property and the county commissioners are virulently anti-2A and in spite of the long term contract, they are trying to regulate the range from existence.

I have my own little farm where I have set up firing positions every 50yds to 300yds. I shoot 2-3 times every week so in the last 15 years, I have saved approx. $13,700 in range fees!
    Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Man
    We are members at two ranges.

The first one is an indoor range with 15 yard lanes, 15 minutes from the house. Couples membership is $225/yr, but you can usually get a healthy discount if you re-up during their member days. Membership gets you range time at $5/hr, free visitor sharing your lane, and free targets. We use this range most during the winter.

The second range is an outdoor range an hour drive each way from the house. $80/yr family with no additional fees. This one has separate places for 50y rimfire, centerfire silhouette - I think to 300m? - action pistol with metal plates, several areas for practical pistol competition and general use, 22 plinking setup and 600yd PRS. It is generally unmanned. I found it best to bring everything I need so far as target stands, shooting tables, etc in case stuff has been moved or vandalized.

St. Louis Benchrest is two hours each way so I'm not a member. But they have an incredible facility and some great competitions.

And I can stretch out to almost 40 yards in my back yard for airguns.

Boolit Buddy
    Outdoor range, up to 500 yards, $100 initiation fee, $50 per year, ticks come free.

Boolit Master

Amarillo Texas
    Shotgun range, trap skeet 5 stand Life member = free
    http://www.amarillogunclub.org/

Indoor pistol range 50 feet $50 a year
    http://www.texaspanhandlepistolclub.com/

Outdoor rifle and pistol ranges 200 yards, and pistol pits up to 50 yards $100 a year
    http://www.amarillorpc.com/
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95