RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the last handgun you bought?

Boolit Mold
    That 657 makes my palm itch.......

Boolit Master

Bond Arms Rough and Rowdy in .357 " Just for the heck of it!" order the 45/410 barrel cause I load 2" .410 with 12# shot for snakes.
    Before that got a Ruger Wrangler not long ago.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Grand Master

One I've been hunting for

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3821.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	297434
    This is an Airweight Model 12-2, S&W 38 Spl. Except for some slight freckling on the cylinder--no doubt from resting inside a waist band on a sweaty day--it is in minty condition. Back when I carried a Model 66, I wanted one of these as a back-up gun but went with a Colt Cobra instead, simply because I found one cheap. I'm looking forward to putting some rounds down range!
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    XDM 4.6 10MM and G43 9mm. S&W 10mm will be my next and so will a 44 mag (still trying to decide model)

Boolit Master
    This one, a Cimarron Frontier Sheriff by Pietta, in .45 Colt. I am not shooting it terribly well at 15 yards, trying two loads so far -- 8 grains of Unique, and 6 grains of Bullseye under the Lee 255 -- but it shows promise. It does shoot low by about 5 inches, so I may have to work on that front sight with a file. Sure is pleasant to carry with that 3 1/2-inch barrel.

By the way, Santa, sure admire your Mark VI. I should mention I have the Webley Mark VI pellet revolver in route, but it is of course not really a firearm.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by santareg View Post
    Very nice! Still in 455?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

It has a box of .45 Auto Rim beside it

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    It has a box of .45 Auto Rim beside it

Dang Thomas - you obviously have better eyes than I do! Still not making that out.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

It's a guess on my part because I have a box just like that - but no Webley. We shot one that belonged to a friend's dad as teens.
    Unless Remington made .455 ammo

Boolit Mold
    The last two guns we've purchased were a pair of Ruger Single Sixes in .32 H&R The one is a project that's been in ID for going on two years now and the other is in TX. Patience is a virtue.

I bought that Mountain Gun in 44 Magnum for my brother at a birthday present 18 years ago. If I remember correctly my wife was astounded that I would give $575 for a handgun It wasn't new but it still had the box and papers and like so many 44 Magnums wasn't shot much ("Phew! This is a lot of gun I need something nicer") ya know...
    If your mind goes blank don't forget to turn off the sound!

Boolit Master
    I like 4" 44 Mags a lot just not to shoot in long practice sessions. Practice is the only way to stay good and I've been trying to replace my aging 6 inch 629 for a couple years now. I ordered a S&W 629 at a local gun store, went in to look at the gun and there was no rifling, it had a smooth bore. The next gun was perfect, I think they were embarrassed and found me the best one. After ID hurdles DOJ delayed me beyond 30 days and the gun store on their lawyers advice declined to sell me the gun. Nothing wrong with my background but my name might be similar to a bad guy bullship! I could fill out papers and forms and wait..... So I got Real ID, more bs, wouldn't take my birth certificate had to get a COPY!

Anyway I got Real ID and tried the place that turned me down but they went out of business the month before. I found a gunsmith up the coast and asked about a 629, nothing available. What about the new Colt Anaconda? Not available in california, they wouldn't pay the extortion but there's a classic one here in the case. GROAN I can smell the price tag from here but I had to pick it up! Low mileage, good lockup, good rifling and the SA trigger is perfect! So I look at the tag, $3K.... It took me a week to make an offer, another 30 days delay to take possession which wasn't legal but DOJ did it anyway. The Real ID was worthless, I still had to bring a phone bill with address. LOL

I haven't slugged the bore but the throats are .430". I loaded some ammo and the cylinder wouldn't turn easily, locked up in places. Not high primers but it was New Brass. Tried some Fired Brass and No Problem. It was the Headstamp Letters catching. The Anaconda is so tight I'll need to Iron the brass in another gun before it will fit! Can't wait to get to the range!

Oh and the grips are one piece, they eliminated the nasty split over the backstrap!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anaconda01.jpg  
    Last edited by Mal Paso; 03-23-2022 at 12:25 AM.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Buddy

This cat. Stoeger 8045. Custom grips should be ready in a month or so. I may have a gunsmith install nicer black on black sights too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C19B3B32-D77C-4329-9D58-5B6989E146E3.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	298041

Boolit Buddy
    I have been looking for this gun for a long time. Its a Ruger flattop 44 special 4 5/8ths inch barrel in stainless nib and at a fair price. The stainless will make a good utility and pond fishing companion..............Curdog

Haven't picked it up but it will be a 29-2 Nickle Smith and Wesson. Pics up coming.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Picked up my new to me 1986 41mag RedHawk w/ Leopold glass late last week.
    Shot100+ rounds last weekend. So much fun hitting clays at 100yds.
    I was able to size, set up the dies and load 50 rds with 17.5gr of A2400 tonight.
    I guess I have some testing to do this weekend.

Boolit Master

I bought a Smith & Wesson Model 58 today at the gun show.

Boolit Buddy
    Pietta 1851 Navy converted to .38 Colt and then nickel plated.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pietta 1851 38 Colt Nickel Left side.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	298251

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by boatswainsmate View Post
    I bought a Smith & Wesson Model 58 today at the gun show.

Lucky you!

Last I bought was a gp100. I since have got hard up and sold it.