Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Lyman sizer die?

Boolit Mold

Lyman sizer die?

Can anyone tell me where to purchase the O-rings for Lyman sizer dies and the size of them? Everything I have found at the Auto parts seems to not fit right..... And Lyman doesn't show them as parts... MM

Have you tried a harware store I picked up some at home depot they are a little tight but fit good and work. If not I know you can get them from lyman I got a couple when I ordered some other parts for my 450. Also make sure you clean out the o-ring grove and seating area good before you put back together.

Boolit Grand Master
    Have you tried using the die without the O-ring? If the top measures .722" to .723", it won't leak.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Mold

Thumbs down

Yeah, I've tried that and it leaks ... Guess best bet is to call Lyman . Just hated to call for a few O-rings... Guess I'll take a look at the wish book and see what else Mom needs. MM

Boolit Master
    I'd check with your local bearing store, as some of them also stock o-rings. Even if they don't, they might be able to re-direct you. I've been purchasing o-rings from a company in the NW called Air-Oil Service.

John

Mauserman, Someone posted this along time ago, but you need a 9/16" x 11/16" x 1/16", i.e., size 35 O-ring. I think NAPA has them, but take your die along to make sure of the fit.

Super Moderator

..............Well heck, I thought I had the MSC stock number but whatever the big long number is, it isn't their stock number. However, also on the label it says, Size: 016, BUNA N70. Maybe this additional info will help.

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

You can also buy O ring material. You cut to fit and super glue the ends. That's what I do. That's also how I replaced the 'belt' for my Thumblers tumbler.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Lymans correct 0-ring stock number is 2991227 at 0.25 each. I found it on there web site looking for a sizing die I need.

Boolit Master

O-Ring Source:

Most well-stocked plumbing supply and automotive supply stores carry o-rings in stock as a routine repair part. It is not unusual to see a plastic case with various sizes of o-rings, measured both as to the diameter of the ring and the diameter of the material used to fabricate the ring. You just ask for the display of o-rings and go from there. These are usually very cheap, locally available and durable quality. For ease, carry the sizing die in with you for the correct fit.

Boolit Grand Master

Boolit Mold
    Thanks guys, I've got lyman sending me some out......... Needed some mould boxes anyhow.... They should be on the way... MM