Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: .403" 198 Grain Keith Group Buy

Boolit Master

.403" 198 Grain Keith Group Buy

The specs:
    195 grains and minimum .403” as cast
    .350 nose to crimp measurement

Designed specially for use in 38-40 (.38 WCF) revolvers, it will also be an excellent fit for 10mm revolvers and will fit in the .401 Powermag should anyone happen to have one.

It MAY also work in 10mm Magnum pistols and possibly some 40 S&W’s, although use in ANY autoloading pistols or ANY rifle is highly doubtful.

The terms:
    This group buy will cost $72.50 and will run with a minimum of 12 people.

Included in the group buy price is the cost of the mold and shipping as well a free mold going to 45 2.1 for his services.

A $10 refund will be returned with your mold if by some miracle we reach the 25 mold mark. No other refunds will be made.

Any additional leftover monies resulting from the purchase of more than 12 molds will be donated to offset the cost of running this forum.

All funds will be held until the group buy closes and will be returned if the 12 person minimum is not met.

Molds will be sent out promptly once received from LEE.

If the molds do not function as intended it will be incumbent on purchasers to reach a settlement directly with LEE either as individuals or group(s).

These terms are nonnegotiable.

This is a No Whining™ group buy. If you don’t like it, do your own.

David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 38-40%20Keith.JPG  
    Last edited by only1asterisk; 03-16-2007 at 05:40 PM.

Boolit Master

38/40 Gb

I`ll buy one. could post a picture of the bullet? thank you for putting this GB together.

Boolit Master
    I gotsta have one. Just need your address. Thanks for doing this fellers.

Boolit Master

38/40 SWC for handgun group buy

wow! it don't look like alot of people are jumping on the band wagon over this mould. I sent my check out today for one. hope a bunch of 38/40 shooters find out about this group buy and place a order.

Boolit Master
    I posted a link to this thread on Ruger and Handloads. Maybe there's other boards that would like the link too.

Monroe, Washington in the The Great Pacific NorthWet
    It's only been a few days so far.
    I didn't even see this GB until yesterday.
    Yes I want one, and yes I am preparing to jump on the bandwagon.
    I just can't jump quite yet.

I'm already in three other group buys, strongly considering a fifth.
    I bought a near mint Lyman #454309 at the Portland show Saturday.

But the real stumbling block is the cost of moving into a new house April 1st. I'm not sure, as yet, what the total cost of the movers will be.
    So things are very tight for me right now. I'm still surviving on disability.

I figure there are others here who are also in quite a few buys and are stretched a bit thin.
    The orders will come. I even think we'll reach the magic 25 if David will wait long enough. All it will take is time for the word to reach those who need a .40x" mould.
    There's not a lot of variety in this diameter any more so this mould is a welcome addition.

I only wish I had the money to buy 20 of them myself and then wait until the word really gets out. Six months from now $72.50 will be a cheap price for this mould.

I've yet to read a group buy thread on this forum where, after it was closed that at least two members didn't post asking if there were any extras. And every time a group buy is delivered it seems there's always a couple of others who ask if there were any left over.

So this deal may take a little longer to fill than say a .452" or .358". That's only natural since not nearly as many people reload the .40" cartridges. But those who do are just as dedicated, devoted and loyal as us .410" nuts.
    Besides, after all the grief I gave David during the deciding phase I have to support him.
    I am thankful he took the plunge to honcho this deal.
    It looked rocky there for a while during the "what design to use" phase.
    Those who followed that process know this isn't my #1 choice.
    But I'm still going to get one. I feel it's worthy enough to be a must have.

Boolit Master

Thumbs up I'm in!

David,

Please let me know where to send the funds. Thanks.

Doc

Boolit Master

38 /40 revolver group buy bullet mold

there's got to be more than 4 people with 38/40's out there?

Boolit Master
    Bear,

You didn't give me a hard time, everybody has to advocate for what they want. That being said, I think the final design is a good one with potential to be great. Lots of care and attention to detail went into it. We'll keep it open for a couple of months. I doubt we get 25, but we'll see. One thing is for sure, once this one is gone it will never be run again.

David

Monroe, Washington in the The Great Pacific NorthWet

Thumbs up Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

We'll keep it open for a couple of months.
    Well that means for certain I'll be getting one.

You didn't give me a hard time...
    Dangit! I'm losing my touch!

Boolit Master
    I like it! if we can get the price down to 60 I,d take two

Boolit Bub
    I'm in if its still open...being one of those with a Herters 401 Power Mag!

Boolit Master
    We just started Aaron. Shoot me a PM when you get ready to make payment and I get you an address.

David

Boolit Master
    First monies have arrived!

The List:

Last edited by only1asterisk; 03-23-2007 at 01:13 PM.

Boolit Master

38/40 Group Buy

I think you guys are right, not to many people have a 38/40 in thier gun safe.

Boolit Master
    I think we will eventually get 12, but the fact that it’s a 38-40 specific design for revolvers only is limiting appeal. No matter, we'll keep it open a couple of months and it will go.

David

Boolit Master
    I sent a check earlier this week. How are we doing numberswise? Will we make 12 this Spring? I'm not in any hurry. Just curious.

Thanks for running the GB and thanks to the designer, 45 2.1 for a nice looking boolit.

Doc

Boolit Buddy
    Quick question - how potentially "more unreliable" (if at all) might this be than the 200gr WFN .401 bullet by Beartooth in say a 10mm autoloader (Glock 20, S&W 10xx series, etc)?

The reason I ask this is I have had excellent results in my 1006, 1086, and Glock 20 with the 200gr. WFN and this bullet seems to share many of it's characteristics. SO.... *should* bottomfeeder/brass-spitter fans of the 10mm shy away from this one? If not - and we can clear this up - then perhaps we can drum up more interest in the shorter term.
    - Chris
    (a.k.a. "OB1" or "rigormootis" on some forums)
    NRA Lifer / Certified Instructor & USMC veteran

Boolit Master
    The problem with the 10mm is the MINIMUM OAL would be 1.285 plus or minus a few thousandths. 45 2.1 would be able to tell you with more precision. The Beartooth bullet (a good design) would allow for much more flexibility in the seating depth. We have discussed another design closer to the Beartooth 200 grain, but the current design appealed to more of the interested parties.

David

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quick question - how potentially "more unreliable" (if at all) might this be than the 200gr WFN .401 bullet by Beartooth in say a 10mm autoloader (Glock 20, S&W 10xx series, etc)?

The reason I ask this is I have had excellent results in my 1006, 1086, and Glock 20 with the 200gr. WFN and this bullet seems to share many of it's characteristics. SO.... *should* bottomfeeder/brass-spitter fans of the 10mm shy away from this one? If not - and we can clear this up - then perhaps we can drum up more interest in the shorter term.

Minimum O.A.L. would be 1.288" with 1.3" as a better practical O.A.L. Depending on the firearm, this probably is a little too long for most.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast