Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 303 British mold ideas

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrians View Post
    yea NOE 316299 works for my Brits....
    Ditto all the recommendations for the NOE mould. Check to see if any are still left from the last group buy, or see if there is a re-run started in group buys.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    A few months ago I tried sizing the 8mm Max through a Lee .314 push through sizer. Not too bad, but as I had water dropped them, I found that tumble lubing was a must. Still too small for my .303, but shoot decent out of the 91/30.

Al has 2 cavity 316299's in stock.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=98661
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

adrians,

Yes, A.M. no. 32-220B is a clone (or very nearly so) of Lyman 323471. What disqualifies it as a 'perfect' clone is its flat nose. The gas check shank is cut to fit 8mm gas checks. My thinking is a too small .30 caliber dia. g'check would not be sufficient to prevent gas blowby. As an "let's see what if" I had no noticible difficulty sizing to .315".

I wished for an Australian made diopter back-sight for my Lithgow. One to compliment the other. Just could not co-ordinate finances with e-b*y listings. Luck was with me when the PH5A was incorrectly listed. Like new.

Wt.

Boolit Master
    Accurate Molds For qiuck service and a quality mold . I got a 31-L mold in brass in 8 days. Not weeks or months. Tom is a great guy to boot!

I agree, got my 312230E in 3 days! All measurements were spot on. Now if I'd just get a warm day so I could go shoot of them!
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Mold
    I have used Lyman 311365 in my brit it is an older design but has the FMJ Profile you are looking for keep an eye out for one...

Boolit Master
    Why don't we get a mold made for the 303 like most other rifles/calibres?. Pat

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PAT303 View Post
    Why don't we get a mold made for the 303 like most other rifles/calibres?. Pat
    now there's a thought.
    i.m just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round..... i really love to watch them roll ,,,, J,W,L.

Boolit Master
    The mold I found in my stash has the number 31141 on it as well as 1 of 62.
    It casts a boolit that weighs 185+-,and I have beenable to get it sized down to 314 and still have good sized lube grooves.
    Tomorrow I will go and shoot these with some new Remington brass loaded with some 2400.
    I am looking at some other molds that might be better for this rifle,Thanks for the Ideas.