RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
PBcastco Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buy Closed:38/200 Enfield/Webley (38 S&W)

Boolit Master

Buy Closed:38/200 Enfield/Webley (38 S&W)

This group buy is for a Lee six cavity mold copy of the NEI 169A mold, which was designed to replicate the Bristish military loading for their Webley and Enfield pistols chambered in 38 S&W. Target diameter is .362. and weight is 200 grains. Bullet is PB RN.

Price is $72 shipped, which is based on 12 orders and includes money for setup fees and to subsidize a mold for 45 2.1 who has agreed to supply us with a drawing. Please post it when you have it ready, Bob. This also takes into account the current shipping rates and Lee's new few schedule.

Those of you who can, please go to the group buy web site to place your order. For those of you who can't, pm me and I will enter your order.

Forms of payment are checks, MO, paypal (add $4).

I will run this buy at least till we (hopefully) get 12 orders.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 01-23-2008 at 05:04 AM.

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Sorry to take so long, been down with the flu. Here is something to look at, 200 gr. ready to load.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 38-200 S&W.JPG  
    Last edited by 45 2.1; 01-24-2008 at 12:05 PM.

Super Moderator

...............Anyone wanting a FP on this design, it's a matter only of using a flat nosed nose punch during the lube sizing operation to get one It's going to have a fairly blunt RN as it is, I'm sure. Hopefully I'm not speaking out of turn and it shows up with a spitzer

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Well obviously I am in for one but as soon as the drawing goes up I am going to spread the word up here in Canada. I have talked to a few of my friends and there is some interest because a lot of these Enfield revolvers were brought back after WW2 and to buy factory ammo is outrageously priced.

Boolit Master

If people do want to change the design to a FP, I am not opposed to that, but when this was brought up on the feeler thread, no one showed any interest in the FP idea.

Boolit Master

Well, since it's been mentioned, I'd be in for a flat point design.

Mark

Doesnt matter to me either as long as we can get a nose punch and it is 200 grn so my enfield will shoot to poi, that is fine.

200 gr. RN drawing is posted. Should you want a FN drawing, that could be done also.

Boolit Master

Thanks 45. That looks good!

HONCHO EMERITUS

Whether it's R/N or F/N, you can definately count me in on this one!
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN

My vote would be for a flat point. Hunter64's post on another thread about wanting a 200 gr flat point for the 38 S&W got me excited. But in all honesty I would probably be in on a round nose GB too. But I would make more use of the Flat Point. Besides what I like most about this Group Buy phenomenon is the unique and commercially unavailable designs and or dimensions. I can buy a NEI 169A tomorrow. But I would gladly wait 7 months for something special like a 200gr flat point designed specifically for the 38 S&W. Where else can that happen if not here?

......did I mention I'm hoping for a flat point?

Boolit Master

Ok guys,

Hunter64, whose idea this was, is fine with either choice. So, in the interest of pleasing the most of us, I have created a poll. I had to start a new thread to create the poll. PLEASE VOTE! Even if you don't care, that is one of the choices so please everyone vote so that we/I know where everyone stands. But only vote if you are seriously considering joining the group buy.

This would be a mold I want that I dont have a gun for yet. Any Idea about OAL for other .38 cals? I kind of wanted a to play with a 38/200 super police round.

Boolit Grand Master
    N.U.G--

I have an NEI #169A on my casting bench awaiting its first warm-up, maybe tomorrow. I'll try to remember to do some caliper work and report back on its usefulness for the 38 Special--if I don't get time to cast with the mould.. It has a LONG nose--so maybe the Lyman #358430 might be a better fit for the .358" caliber.

What I would prefer to do is cast some boolits and seat them into actual 38 Special and 357 Magnum cases--then try them in revolvers for fit. A soft-pointed #169A in the Bisley Blackhawk (if it will fit in the cylinder) would get a shoot-off against the Lyman #358430 for accuracy.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

There seems to be more interest in this mold than I expected. I am toying with the idea of running a flat point and a round point group buy. If we take people how they have voted now, it would only make the mold more expensive by less than $5 as compared to running only one. That would let everyone have what they want.

And that way it will flush out the really compulsive mold buyers who would buy one of each

Let me know what you think.

Boolit Master

Can anyone give me their experience with 200 grain cast boolits in a .357 Herrett? Round Nose, or Flat? That would probably determine which one I would want....

Doug

Boolit Master

Now Two Group Buys - RN and FP.

I haven't seen much money yet, but maybe that is because of the uncertainty over the design. Based on the poll results, there is a lot of interest, at least more than I expected and enough to run two separate buys I hope. Also it has shown that we are pretty much evenly divided on our preference in terms of round nose or flat nose. I am going to change this to two group buys, a flat point and a round nose. The drawing has already been posted for the round nose. 45 has agreed to draw up a flat point for us. Cost and other specifics will be the same as for the round nose. So now is the time to sign up on the group buy site and send payment. Lets see if we can get this done and the drawings submitted to Lee.

200 gr flat nose for you to look at:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 38-200 S&W FN.JPG  
    Last edited by 45 2.1; 02-07-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Boolit Master

By the way, shipping to Canada is same as to USA. Shipping to Australia is an extra $5 (total $15).

Boolit Bub
    I would interested in BOTH RN and FN

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast