Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIA / Armscorp M200 38spl

Boolit Master
    Attachment 109347
    try that SA target pick

Boolit Mold
    Trust me tazman, I was more surprised than you. It helped that I was using a rest as well as having a steady hands day. Makes me wish Armscor would scale up to a New Service frame and offer a .44 special and .45 Colt. As it stands that cheap ugly gun shoots better than a few of my more expensive weapons. I also need to do a phoney "whoops" moment in front of my son and drop it a mud puddle to see it will still cycle dirty. My shooting past at chert pits on windy days told me the "six shoots sure" ain't so certain with a DA revolver. Very true with a SA revolver.

Greencountypete
    I can't see the attachment.

Boolit Master
    I click the insert image , then upload the file from my camera it shows it to me on the screen Attachment 109387 i can see it as i type this

Boolit Master
    i clicked on it and it takes me to it this time

Banned

Not me. It seems that any picture that is attached will not work.

Still can't see it. I get an invalid attachment message.
    Last edited by tazman; 07-01-2014 at 03:08 AM.

Boolit Master
    Try this i opened a photo bucket account

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 07-01-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Not a bad looking gun.

I wonder if grips meant for a Colt will fit it?

Robert

That works. Nice looking gun. In some ways I prefer a dull finish. Nothing reflecting to give you away.
    I would like to be able to handle one of those and see how it fit my hands.
    Is that the 50 yd target you were referring to?

Boolit Master
    no , this was just 10 yards , and me being tired , and wringing wet with sweat , the 40 meter group was bigger i kept it all on a 100 yard sight in target , i don't recall if it was a 12x12 or 14x14 inch target

but it makes me think that this target has to large of a bulls eye if I went down to a smaller maybe 1 or 1 1/2 inch bull at 10 yards i could tighten up my sight picture then try a 3 or 4 inch bull at 25 yards and a 6 inch bull at 50

it is amazing how the size and shape of the target in reference the sights can make such a big difference when shooting groups with iron sites

I also think with some of my own reloads and trigger time and not being tired and sweaty it will improve

this target was not my best shooting

on the other hand this a fair example of walk up to the line load 6 rounds and shoot them no sighting shots no warm up, second day with the gun, just fire

Boolit Buddy
    Mk42gunner, I put Colt DET SPL, Pachmayers on one Armscor snubby so yes! OTOH it is intgeresting to see the rubber grips on the 4 inch gun-Nicer look than the bulbous wood panels.
    Cast is an adjective, a noun and a verb. Cast works as both imperative and past tense without any additional letters or helping verbs.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Cool! Got any pics? Also, with a medium burning powder you can get +P velocity no problem. My pet load is 5.8 grains Accurate #5 with Remington primer under a 158 grain boolit for a measured 875 fps out of my S&W 10-5.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Nice looking! I like the dull parkerized like finish on it. The hammer spur looks like ti would be an easy one to cock with the left thumb while shooting in SA. Looks to me like a good value for the money! Thanks for the photo!

Boolit Grand Master
    Treeman, Thanks, that answers my question, since GreencountryPete said the issue grips are slick plastic.

I am going to have to hunt one of these down, I have been kind of wanting a no frills .38 for a while. I think one of these four inchers would work.

Robert

Boolit Master
    her is a pic with the grip off to give you a better idea of what might fit

http://

also the grip is hard plastic but feels well shaped , just slippery in a few spots and the guntape gives it some traction in the hand on the cheap you can see the gun tape on the first picture there is a piece where my thumb sits , a piece in each finger groove and a piece down the back strap

the hammer spur lends it's self very well to left thumb cocking

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Thanks. So I guess the Armscor has the late model Colt DS grip frame or very close to it, meaning you have many options. Do you know what bullet weight it likes? I've been thinking about an econo wheelgun for when I'm working outside and that looks ideal. Here is a thread from another forum I found that shows the old and new style DS grip frames:

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=343095
    Last edited by FergusonTO35; 07-02-2014 at 12:31 PM.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    the manual says right hand one turn in 455mm I though i read that it was a 1:16 inch twist , but 455mm converts to 17 29/32 making it closer to 1:18 twist

not sure what it likes for boolits yet

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE View Post
    the manual says right hand one turn in 455mm I though i read that it was a 1:16 inch twist , but 455mm converts to 17 29/32 making it closer to 1:18 twist

not sure what it likes for boolits yet

I've loaded both 158gr. swaged SWCHP and 158gr. (actually 154-155gr.) RNFP. I think my son's Armscor liked best the RNFP with 4.5gr. Herco although the same weight of Universal with the swaged bullet was pretty good as well. Both loads are standard pressure, the Universal load is Hodgdon max.

Boolit Master
    I had a timing issue with the RIA M200 , so i called up RIA and just before the 4th of July they sent me a shipping tag and not wanting my gun spending any more time in a fedex terminal than needed waited to send it till the holiday was over

sent it off , RIA said they were expecting about 4 weeks time to repair

I got the gun back yesterday in just under a month , well actually i got the new gun they replaced minw with back in just under a month

so i have a new M200

the serial number is only about 100 higher than the one i sent in

this one seems good the trigger isn't quite as light as the other , i will get out to shoot it as soon as i can

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast