Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    How did you make out with that .32acp feeder die?
    Got to play with it today. Works flawlessly! I swear these dies are the cats a$$! Thanks a million for putting it together for me. It’s amazing how well printing at .12 makes things fit together. I’m looking forward to trying that supposedly super accurate in dimensional accuracy that prusament filament is. Wife ordered a shiny silky color to play with as well.

And more success..... Just about ready for primetime!]

Here is the details of the new nose down feeder plate. Took awhile to come up with this one.

Attachment 271635
    I noticed you dropped it partway first.....works....stops the binds at speed! That's a complicated slider, but so what!......wouldn't be surprised if DAA offered you a job instead of a law suit.

I started printing today the small parts for the big collator box....every last one failed, curled up at the corners...and that with the high first layer temperature you recommended and a really clean acetone washed bed. Annoying big time. But I got your polypropylene bed from amazon, so I will have to give up on Creality's bed....that's not acceptable for a bed to only last 3 months.

Question, Tyler! The polypropylene bed came with another sheet (same size) of ......something. Yellow peel-able film over a white 1/16" thick plastic sheet.......wonder if it's another stick-on bed. It's smooth, so I'm totally confused......directions to use the poly bed has no mention of the white one.

Probably an Important Question: Do you mount the polypropylene bed to the aluminum sub-bed, or just on top of the existing glass bed?
    Last edited by GWS; 11-18-2020 at 01:32 AM.

I added a Shared Documents to my drive. Anyone signed in to google can make edits to the files in the folder, as well as add files. I have dropped my bullet compatibility chart as well as Andar's tube bender spring chart, and GWS posted a cost calculator.
    People Notice: The cost calculator I posted is an Excel file, and Google shows an error and can't run it right......so if you want to try it out, download it first and run it on Office Excel as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Question, Tyler! The polypropylene bed came with another sheet (same size) of ......something. Yellow peel-able film over a white 1/16" thick plastic sheet.......wonder if it's another stick-on bed. It's smooth, so I'm totally confused......directions to use the poly bed has no mention of the white one.

Probably an Important Question: Do you mount the polypropylene bed to the aluminum sub-bed, or just on top of the existing glass bed?
    I am not sure what that extra white sheet is. The polypropylene sheet is green with smooth sides. Take some 220 grit sandpaper and lightly rough up the surface on one side so its not smooth anymore. Then clean it with some basic windex. Attach it with 4 binder clips and level that bad boy (accounting for any z axis difference) and you should be good to go.

I have my sheet mounted on top of a glass bed, but not sure that was necessary. I just wanted things as level as possible.

Okay, I'll flip the existing glass bed to the smoothside up, then mount the poly bed to it.......of course I will rough it up first.....220 I do have.

Just posted v1.1.4

Changes include:

- Feed dies for .223, .308, 32acp
    - Spring adapters provided by Andar for pipe bender springs
    - Adjustable slide for collating rifle brass
    - Long rifle bullet collator plates generated for .308 (#11)
    - Nose up and nose down long rifle bullet slide plates (#11)
    - New collator generator v2.1.0 with options to create plates for long rifle bullets.

isLongRifleBullet = true; // Used for very long rifle bullets
    addRamps = true; // Ramps give more angle for better feeding

One note on the long rifle bullets. It likes to run at a pretty steep angle on the feeder. So if you try it and its not working try adding more angle.
    Also, the collator plate was designed around .308, but would probably work fine on 6.5. I have not tested it. If there are issues you may want to generate a new plate specifically for 6.5.

Also forgot, use the "Sweeper" to disengage the flipper arm and help sweep stragglers off the side of the plate. The video's show this.
    Last edited by TylerR; 11-18-2020 at 10:56 AM.

Boolit Bub
    One note on the long rifle bullets. It likes to run at a pretty steep angle on the feeder. So if you try it and its not working try adding more angle.
    Also, the collator plate was designed around .308, but would probably work fine on 6.5. I have not tested it. If there are issues you may want to generate a new plate specifically for 6.5.

Also forgot, use the "Sweeper" to disengage the flipper arm and help sweep stragglers off the side of the plate. The video's show this.
    I just started printing this although I forgot the sweeper. At least that'll be a fast print afterwards. I can't wait to try this out.

As a side note, is anyone using the Dillon mount with success? I went back to page 65 and some folks said they were going to test it but I don't know if anyone ever followed up. I plan on grabbing the bolt/washer/locknut I need today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	print.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	271648

Quote Originally Posted by noacess View Post
    I just started printing this although I forgot the sweeper. At least that'll be a fast print afterwards. I can't wait to try this out.

As a side note, is anyone using the Dillon mount with success? I went back to page 65 and some folks said they were going to test it but I don't know if anyone ever followed up. I plan on grabbing the bolt/washer/locknut I need today.
    Man you are quick! I made a small change to the slide plate, and re-uploaded very shortly after I first posted. Hopefully you didn't download it seconds after it was posted. haha

Yes, the dillon mount has been used and confirmed by at least two people. I think lablover was one of them but can't remember.

Name:	print.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	271648
    I am using the Dillon mount and have had no issues at all with it. Been using it for several weeks.

Boolit Bub
    Man you are quick! I made a small change to the slide plate, and re-uploaded very shortly after I first posted. Hopefully you didn't download it seconds after it was posted. haha

Yes, the dillon mount has been used and confirmed by at least two people. I think lablover was one of them but can't remember.
    Any chance you can tell by the picture I shared if I'm using the right one? I downloaded it at 10:13am EST if that's helpful.

Boolit Bub

One other thing I want to mention is it looks like the zip file is gone from there share. Not sure if that was on purpose. Just wanted to give you a FYI.

Boolit Bub
    One other thing I want to mention is it looks like the zip file is gone from there share. Not sure if that was on purpose. Just wanted to give you a FYI.
    And...its back now. Maybe it was just my browser or google having a moment.

Any chance you can tell by the picture I shared if I'm using the right one? I downloaded it at 10:13am EST if that's helpful.
    You should be good to go. File is back up. I tend to do this when I post a download. Make last second tweaks. I am pretty sure I am done for now. Any more changes and I will increment the version.

Boolit Bub
    Something else I want to mention for folks who decide to do a build with the hex bolt shaft: While there is a notch put in on the plates to accommodate the set screw, there is a good chance that the set screw on the hex bolt will not line up with this (mine didn't). All I did to get around this was dremel the set screw down a bit and then everything fits fine.

Something else I want to mention for folks who decide to do a build with the hex bolt shaft: While there is a notch put in on the plates to accommodate the set screw, there is a good chance that the set screw on the hex bolt will not line up with this (mine didn't). All I did to get around this was dremel the set screw down a bit and then everything fits fine.
    Can you explain this? Is the set screw not centered?

Boolit Bub
    Can you explain this? Is the set screw not centered?
    Correct. Its not centered. Just as an aside - do you use discord at all?

Name:	set.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	271660

Correct. Its not centered. Just as an aside - do you use discord at all?
    I went back and looked at the hex couplers I have, and it does seem like the setscrew is more aligned with the angle and not the flat of the hex. So I made a change to put the slot there instead. Not sure if that will be true for all of them.

I do not use discord.
    Last edited by TylerR; 11-18-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Boolit Man
    TylerR, thanks for the revision bump. I printed the old BNU #11 slide last night lol so will grab this one to try also. That new one looks like it definitely took some tinkering and a pile to get right. Again thanks so much for this. Also the long rifle bullet collator plate that one is what your video shows for the 300bo or have a bit more curve (long rifle bullet #11)? Worst part about using petg is taking forever to print things. I'll be trying this plate out in 22 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by djinnpb View Post
    TylerR, thanks for the revision bump. I printed the old BNU #11 slide last night lol so will grab this one to try also. That new one looks like it definitely took some tinkering and a pile to get right. Again thanks so much for this. Also the long rifle bullet collator plate that one is what your video shows for the 300bo or have a bit more curve (long rifle bullet #11)? Worst part about using petg is taking forever to print things. I'll be trying this plate out in 22 hours.
    The long rifle bullet collator plate (#11) is the same as in the video.