Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlegEd View Post
    Hi Andar,
    You can select to mount the JGY370 at 90°, 180°, or 270°, depending on what you want/need. I opted for 90° to use the rear mount option. You can get the STL if you go back to post #1873. Hope this helps.
    Ed
    Attachment 271586
    Oh sick, thanks! The version I had before it got pulled didn't have those options, there's a lot more in there now than before.
    I already had that file downloaded just in case, but I didn't open it up to see if anything new was added.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegEd View Post
    Hi Andar,
    You can select to mount the JGY370 at 90°, 180°, or 270°, depending on what you want/need. I opted for 90° to use the rear mount option. You can get the STL if you go back to post #1873. Hope this helps.
    Ed
    Attachment 271586
    Page 94

The old files were on the site to April 2020. Then AmmoMike posted an updated version with lots and lots more! One thing I'm not sure of is if AM did anything with a bigger base? or is that all TyerR's?

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Page 94

The old files were on the site to April 2020. Then AmmoMike posted an updated version with lots and lots more! One thing I'm not sure of is if AM did anything with a bigger base? or is that all TyerR's?
    As far as I know, no one else made a larger base. That was why I started the project.

And here we go.....

Boolit Buddy
    Hi Tyler,

Did you test the Mount_Dillon_Hang_Base.stl file for fit? Mine seems to be off by a whole 3mm on the top two holes that connect to the top two of the collator. The bottom holes under the collator line up perfectly and my machine is dialed in pretty tight. Has anybody used it with success?

Quote Originally Posted by o416 View Post
    Hi Tyler,

Did you test the Mount_Dillon_Hang_Base.stl file for fit? Mine seems to be off by a whole 3mm on the top two holes that connect to the top two of the collator. The bottom holes under the collator line up perfectly and my machine is dialed in pretty tight. Has anybody used it with success?
    Yes, it has been printed and tested. The top holes are 30mm apart and 108.5mm from the bottom of the feeder base.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Yes, it has been printed and tested. The top holes are 30mm apart and 108.5mm from the bottom of the feeder base.
    Is there a particular orientation you had in mind for printing on the bed? Not that it should matter.

Is there a particular orientation you had in mind for printing on the bed? Not that it should matter.
    Absolutely.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mount.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	271609

Boolit Buddy
    I think I figured it out. My base is 144mm tall when it should be 140mm. How the hell did I get an extra 4mm????

I printed a test cube and it it was more or less 20mm all around.

Boolit Buddy
    I just printed another test cube and my Z was 20.5mm this time. What the &*$*&$*&@#!!!

That's a second base gone to junk, sigh! Each one took 2 days to print.

No idea how this happened

I just printed another test cube and my Z was 20.5mm this time. What the &*$*&$*&@#!!!

That's a second base gone to junk, sigh! Each one took 2 days to print.

No idea how this happened
    Just drill the two holes where they need to be. No need to trash the whole base.

Hi Tyler,

I use the hang plates and love them. Working great so far and no issues. I’m with Tyler on this one. Drill the holes and don’t waste a complete base.

Just drill the two holes where they need to be. No need to trash the whole base.
    Exactly! And maybe fill the bad holes first by taping the inside with a little alum duct tape, melt a little pla in an alum. measuring spoon and pouring it in, outside to in, and then use a hot knife to clean it up. Ask me how I know.....Mine was all me, drilling where there was no holes......wrong.

And here we go.....

Beautiful.......like your round-downs on the plate! The new ramp I assume is further out? But still a ramp for the lawyers.....

Now for the big test.....add 100 boolits at once.....
    Last edited by GWS; 11-17-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Well that is great news! Where is the video?

When will the new files be up video you posted?!? I've got the dillon mount printing now. Awesome job on all this!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Three problems with that:

1. Say somebody LOVE's Andars build. Duplicating it would be easiest if it were organized under Andar's Build, with all the stuff he downloaded, ordered, printed, and even a spot for videos proving it worked great.

2. Organizing it only under the sections:
    Motors
    Hardware
    Electronics
    Mounts
    Buckets
    Ramps

means that you still have to be asked (over and over) which in the "of the above" was used in Andar's Build or Tyler's .223 case collator build. (that said, I think the above ought to be an option....an index IOW's....so index by components, index by build, by caliber, case or bullet, etc.)

3. It all needs to funnel to one compiler....whether it be me, Andar, TylerR, Rage1 or whom ever......otherwise it's going to turn into an uncoordinated mess. I totally agree with the "more than one" and "too big a job for one" ideas....but the final product needs to funnel to one......and I'm more than happy to follow and help anybody else to be the compiler. I volunteered because I feel appreciative to Tyler for what he's done, and feel I ought to contribute and help......only because TylerR sure as hell can't do it all.....he's done more than he shoulda haveta already....and nobody else was jumping forward to volunteer. Any of you younger guys could do this better than me.
    I don't know if you want to separate them by builds. I think what TylerR is getting at is what can be used to build these, where to get it if needed and which piece to print for each caliber.

I could be wrong... Like I usually am...
    You could always beside said part put a name of who used it in their build.
    You don't want to add too many different categories. Then it makes the document over whelming.

Just spit ballin here..
    And yes I do have a little time on my hands right now for a couple of weeks to help.

Quote Originally Posted by noacess View Post
    When will the new files be up video you posted?!? I've got the dillon mount printing now. Awesome job on all this!
    Oh man you had that moving! Nice.

I am planning to post them tomorrow. Working on the nose down right now, and then it will all get posted.

Quote Originally Posted by noacess View Post

That bad boy is cruising! And that’s with the amazon motor, yea I need to order that now! My original mr bullet feeder motor is slow as ever. Gets the job done but if I want to go faster I can’t .

Just got me a few roles of Prusament from Czech Republic today. Only took 5 days and great price.

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    That bad boy is cruising! And that’s with the amazon motor, yea I need to order that now! My original mr bullet feeder motor is slow as ever. Gets the job done but if I want to go faster I can’t .

Just got me a few roles of Prusament from Czech Republic today. Only took 5 days and great price.
    How did you make out with that .32acp feeder die?

And more success..... Just about ready for primetime!

Here is the details of the new nose down feeder plate. Took awhile to come up with this one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rifleplate.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	271635
    Last edited by TylerR; 11-17-2020 at 11:17 PM.

I added a Shared Documents to my drive. Anyone signed in to google can make edits to the files in the folder, as well as add files. I have dropped my bullet compatibility chart as well as Andar's tube bender spring chart, and GWS posted a cost calculator.