Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: FYI-Bator 22 cal. Mold

FYI-Bator 22 cal. Mold

If anyone one is interested, as of Friday Midsouth had a few Bator molds in stock. My molds are in a Brown truck headed to me and will be here Tuesday.

I don't have stock in Midsouth and this is just an FYI.

“A liberal’s paradise would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or not, such a place does indeed already exist: It's called Prison."

--- Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Maricopa County, Arizona

Boolit Mold

By any chance, do you have a Midsouth part number for the Bator mould. I can't find it on their site.

I'd love to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by sac_fff View Post
    By any chance, do you have a Midsouth part number for the Bator mould. I can't find it on their site.

I'd love to have one.
    Part # 0000622BATOR @ Midsouth $18.+ for the 2 cavity Lee mold. hope this helps and good luck, hope they are still in stock, I order mine 12/7/09. Martin

“A liberal’s paradise would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or not, such a place does indeed already exist: It's called Prison."

Vendor Sponsor

Top of the page....
    http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.co...ORDER%20MOULDS

Have a good 'un, ~thecyberguy

I just checked and the status is "on order"...not "in stock" like yesterday...WOW!!
    Are you in need a pan lube cutter?
    I make custom made cutters in a cutting size of your choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please click on the link below . You will find a thread to post your order. Thank you.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...31#post2827331

Support our troops...they are somebody's kids!

WOW, looks like it's back to the 9 months wait thing!!!!

glade I got 2

Banned
    That's what happens when people blab what they know over the net!

That's exactly why I keep secrets about supplies until I get them myself.

Vendor Sponsor

Mine should be here Tuesday!!!!
    I also got one of the 6.5 Swede cruise missiles !
    If they sell out that quick...why don't they order more?
    Why doesn't Lee come up with a design similar and sell it themselves?
    Have a good 'un ~thecyberguy
    Are you in need a pan lube cutter?
    I make custom made cutters in a cutting size of your choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please click on the link below . You will find a thread to post your order. Thank you.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...31#post2827331

Support our troops...they are somebody's kids!

My Bator's showed up today. They are as cast .227 and 51.2 grs, WD WW and little tin for flow. Has anyone got a starting load? I have 2015, 4198, Unigue, Red dot, Blue Dot,H110, Lilgun and 7625 powders. I am thinking 4198 or 2015, any suggestion for 223 0r 22 Hornet?
    Last edited by wistlepig1; 08-17-2010 at 11:34 PM. Reason: spelling

damron g
    I had a Bator a long time back and mine cast very big @ ,227 also.I didn't find it to shoot as well as the 225415 or 225438 in 222's.223's and 22-250's.I may be the only one who didn't care for the bullet?

g

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by damron g View Post
    I had a Bator a long time back and mine cast very big @ ,227 also.I didn't find it to shoot as well as the 225415 or 225438 in 222's.223's and 22-250's.I may be the only one who didn't care for the bullet?

g
    You're not the only one. Mine casts well, but I just never got it to shoot as well as other molds. I keep playing with it, someday I figure I'll find a gun that likes it.
    Lyman 22596,225107,225353,225438,225415,225450,225646, 225462,228367,244203,245496,245497,245498,245499 RCBS 22-55-SP,22-55-FP,243-95-SP,243-100-FP, NEI 100244GC-#14, 55 224 GC-#4,225 45-#3 PB, NOE 22-055 SP,MX2-243,Saeco 221 & 243, RD TLC225-50-RF,Lee 22 Bator 6c & 2c HP. Love casting small boolits, let me know if you have one that I don't that you would part with!

Boolit Master

I have a reduced power action spring for my AR and will attempt to find a Unique load that will cycle the action in the midlength gas system I have. If that fails I'll start low with H4895.

Got my mold monday but in the middle of a boolit for lead swap so my pot is full of the wrong mix, planning on WDWW for the AR, got 50/50 WW/Pure in the pot atm.

Need another pot...

Today was range day with the new Bantor 22 cal. Pills. All bullits were sized at .226” and lubed with Bullplate/bees wax, and GC, alloy was WW Wd with alittle Tin added. All shots were at 100yds from my bolt action Savage. I loaded 6 each of 10.0 10.5 and 11.0 of 4198 powder. The 11.0 looked like a shotgun pattern, the 10.5 was alittle better but not much, the 10.0 grs were 1 ½” by 2”. The bullits were seat touching the rifling, primers were Wolf SR. I will start the next round at 10.0 grs and go down from there and SP primers and backoff from the rifling about 5 thous.