WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Repackbox

Thread: Swedish Mauser???

Swedish Mauser???

A buddy has a rifle that he's referring to as a "Swedish Mauser." I've not seen it yet, but he wants to sell it. I'm not familiar with a "Swedish Mauser," is there such a critter? He never had the magazine that goes into it.

I am wondering if he might actually have a K-31 and doesn't know the difference between that and a Mauser. Did the K-31 have a removable magazine? If so, are they too hard to find?

I hope to see the rifle soon, but thought I'd see what I could find out here.

Thanks

Well, given that Swedish Mausers do not have detachable magazines, you might have a thought there.

K31's do have detachable magazines and they are not hard to find, but they are expensive.

Swedish Mausers are Mausers made for or by Sweden. They are chambered in 6.5x55mm and are known as either M94 or M96 depending on the details. They are a pre-98 design, so their actions will resemble the small-ring M93 or M95 Spanish Mauser action.

Get a photo and we'll narrow it down more.

In Remembrance

If it has a straight pull back bolt, it`s a Swiss K-31.Robert

Assuming he actually has a Swede Mauser, perhaps missing the bottom metal, you'll need a LOT more information to determine a fair price. The prewar rifles are weaker than the postwar rifles made by Husqvarna. Obviously, the late 40's rifles are preferred for shooters (at least by me).

Boolit Master
    A friend once brought his neigbor over to ask what could be wrong with his Enfield since .303 riunds wouldn't chamber.
    He had it in the box it came in clearly marked as being an Enfield rifle.
    When he pulled it out of the box it was in fact a cherry M96 Swedish Mauser, in as issued condition without a mark on it.
    They'd given him the wrong rifle at the discount store and he didn't know enough about rifles to know the difference.
    I should have offered him 10 bucks more for it than the 39.95 he'd paid for an Enfield, he'd have been none the wiser. Instead I explained the difference, and that he'd come out like a big dog on his purchase.

That was the nicest Swede I've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Multigunner View Post
    A friend once brought his neigbor over to ask what could be wrong with his Enfield since .303 riunds wouldn't chamber.
    He had it in the box it came in clearly marked as being an Enfield rifle.
    When he pulled it out of the box it was in fact a cherry M96 Swedish Mauser, in as issued condition without a mark on it.
    They'd given him the wrong rifle at the discount store and he didn't know enough about rifles to know the difference.
    I should have offered him 10 bucks more for it than the 39.95 he'd paid for an Enfield, he'd have been none the wiser. Instead I explained the difference, and that he'd come out like a big dog on his purchase.

That was the nicest Swede I've seen so far.
    YOU would know the difference and you'd no doubt think about it every time you took it out of the safe...

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    If it has a straight pull back bolt, it`s a Swiss K-31.Robert
    Or another Swiss rifle like a M1911, an M96/11 or a K11 Schmidt-Rubin.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    A buddy has a rifle that he's referring to as a "Swedish Mauser." I've not seen it yet, but he wants to sell it. I'm not familiar with a "Swedish Mauser," is there such a critter? He never had the magazine that goes into it.

I am wondering if he might actually have a K-31 and doesn't know the difference between that and a Mauser. Did the K-31 have a removable magazine? If so, are they too hard to find?

I hope to see the rifle soon, but thought I'd see what I could find out here.

Thanks
    I have a M96 Swedish Mauser and I guy I know collects the k-31. Both rifles are very well made and if the price is right either would be a worthwhile addition.
    I have shot my friend's k-31 and it is extremely well made and accurate. He uses the most beat up one he owns to hunt cow elk with and has killed elk out to 200 yds w/ the millitary issue sights all one shot kills.
    The M96 was given to my kids by a friend who is a gunstore owner. It was a bad attempt at sporterizing. It shoots great but didn't fit the kids(oldest is 10), I am in the process of downsizing it for them. jmsj

Boolit Master
    I love my Swedish Mausers!!!

They shoot cast very well too.

In Remembrance

Might be

it's an AG 42 Ljungman semi auto that shoots the 6.5X55. Swedish semi auto battle rifle.
    Far from being a Mauser but a desirable gun none the less. Those magazines can be had and a Hakim magazine will work.

Life is good