Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gun show find...1949 336 30-30

I had a 1952 Marlin 336 in 35rem. Loved that rifle.....Had to sell it. Sniff, sniff, sometimes you just have to pay the mortgage.....sob, sob. Anyone have a hankie?
    The More I Think I know, The More I Realize I Don't Know Nothin'

Banned

so, did you break your arm reaching for your wallet?

GOOD DEAL!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post
    so, did you break your arm reaching for your wallet?

GOOD DEAL!

i was trying to be calm, like i said i actually asked twice before i grabbed the cash.

it has cleaned up well.

mike in co
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mike in co View Post
    i was trying to be calm, like i said i actually asked twice before i grabbed the cash. it has cleaned up well. mike in co

If you study the firearm industry and our history, what we find is that shotguns garner the love of it's owner. People will tell you about the " love " for the gun and not necessarily the gauge. Shotguns are basically so much weight of shot of a certain size chocked to form a certain pattern. We grew up understanding the logic and still accept it today.

When it comes to rifles and handguns, we get the expert syndrome forced upon us by marketing where we tend to lose the logic of launching a certain weight projectile at a certain velocity level to produce a result. And what we see are arguments of the superiority of a certain caliber over another where the whole game maybe an inch or two of trajectory over the other slug with no MEANINGFUL difference in bullet weight. WE focus on details instead of the BIG picture. As a result, the quality of our experience and our own history with the firearm becomes lost over time.

Simply put, there is no pride of ownership.

If your 30/30 is anything like my 1950 edition 35 Remington, it may just alter your perception of how " YOU " look and .... value everything else that you own.

Congratulations.
    Reading can provide limited education because only shooting provides YOUR answers as you tie everything together for THAT gun. The better the gun, the less you have to know / do & the more flexibility you have to achieve success.

Boolit Grand Master
    You stole it.

What a find!! Sure wish it was me there first and you watching me take it home

I'm sure you'll give it a good home. Proper care and feeding, check-ups, annual shots, ect...

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Ackward View Post
    If you study the firearm industry and our history....
    He speaks ..

What digi serial number? I think mines a real low 4.

My 1950 35 Rem has the same digits as my PO box. How about that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by augois View Post
    I had a 1952 Marlin 336 in 35rem. Loved that rifle.....Had to sell it. Sniff, sniff, sometimes you just have to pay the mortgage.....sob, sob. Anyone have a hankie?

... you'll get another one someday. There's lots of them to be had and most all are special, in my eyes anyway.

I've had to sell some real nice Winchesters in the past. Funny thing is I don't miss em' and I like the old marlins more. Don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    ... you'll get another one someday. There's lots of them to be had and most all are special, in my eyes anyway.

I've had to sell some real nice Winchesters in the past. Funny thing is I don't miss em' and I like the old marlins more. Don't know why.
    Well, I have had Win94'2sin the past, and I just aquired another in a trade. And, while I like them immensely, if I had to choose between the two, I believe I would Choose Marlin.
    The More I Think I know, The More I Realize I Don't Know Nothin'

I have a good story for you. When I was dating my ex-wife we decided to go up to northern British Columbia and meet the future in laws. Well the future father-in-law was an outdoors man and he was out of 30-06 ammo so he sent me in to town to pick some up for him so we could go out quading (trikes then). He gave me the directions to get to the hardware/sporting goods store (very small town) and off I went. I go into the store get the ammo and as I am leaving I am just looking around as I leave the door something grabs my eye in the corner glass display case. I return and notice there are 5 handguns in the corner of the case and the one farthest over is a 1911.
    Well I ask to see the 1911, it looks old and some of the finish warn off near the muzzle and when I turn it over and look at the slide I just about jumped out of my boots. It has just a US & S on the slide. A union switch and signal 1911 in original finish and the frame and the slide are correct and even the mag is correct. I haggled the owner a bit and seeing as it has been in the display case for nearly 3 years he excepted my offer and stated the paper work. 3 weeks later it was in my hands and after carefully detail stripping and cleaning it is all 100% original. Guess what I paid. $125.00
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Boolit Buddy
    I see you have it for sale this weekend at the Tanner show, descent looking gun.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kooz View Post
    I see you have it for sale this weekend at the Tanner show, descent looking gun.
    CAUGHT......

i'm broke..and need the money....life sucks when you get a good deal and have to let it go....

mike in co
    ( my brass biz has been very slow. i have paid my bills every month fot the last 6-7, but the dec bills due the 15, was the first time i was short. so not only am i trying to sell this rifle , i had to sell a couple of my guns too.....and i hate selling my guns. i used to sell 100,000 pcs of 45acp per month, betwen wholesale and retail, now i'm lucky to get 20,000 incomming. i certainly hope the recession is over.)
    Last edited by mike in co; 12-19-2009 at 11:41 PM.

Boolit Master
    gentlemen,
    i succumbed to temptation.
    this rifle was sold today, the investment returned to my budget, but the excess was handed to a genntleman with a finn 28..and the 28 went home with me.

the story jumps forums.....mil rifles.

mike in co