its a .458 caliber 550 gr bullet
    this is for my Steyr pro hunter big bore bolt action rifle in 450 marlin
    it has a 1/14 twist
    eager to try it at the range
    the mold cast without a fuss
    drop the bullet easely and at exactly as ordered from mountain mold
    [IMG][/IMG]

Boolit Master
    Canuck4570. You said dropped the bullet easily, what choice did it (mold) have , that dam things so big gravity had to win, LOL.

That is really a nice looking casting, I've been looking at a lot of pictures of cast bullets, yours is one of the better ones. Says a lot for Mountain Molds.

Boolit Master

mold

you got a point there on the gravity bit
    but I am certain its the 45 degree angle grease groove that make's it so easy to drop out of the mould
    and I must say this mold is made to perfection very satisfied with it

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck4570 View Post
    you got a point there on the gravity bit
    but I am certain its the 45 degree angle grease groove that make's it so easy to drop out of the mould
    and I must say this mold is made to perfection very satisfied with it
    I just posted the other day on how people liked Mountain Molds and received a positive reaction. That picture kinda proves it.

Boolit Buddy

Canuck4570,

Do you mind if I ask about how long it took to get this mould? I think his website is set at 10-12 weeks by default, but it appears he may deliver faster (?). I have three of his moulds, and like them very much.

Thanks!
    Running the ridges and riding the rivers of the Southwest Virginia Appalachians

Boolit Master

time for delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Woodtroll View Post
    Canuck4570,

Do you mind if I ask about how long it took to get this mould? I think his website is set at 10-12 weeks by default, but it appears he may deliver faster (?). I have three of his moulds, and like them very much.

Thanks!
    place the order on november 22 and received it on december 14
    yes even I was surprise according when I ordered it it was 6 to 8 weeks

Boolit Master
    Whats the meplat percentage on the sucker? I've been thinking about designing a 350gr-ish sledge hammer mould for my .375 H&H Got a copy of the design sheet by chance?
    Some where between here and there.....

Boolit Bub
    I recently had a 235 grain 40 cal mold cut to use in a 10mm magnum revolver. I recieved it in 10 days....yeah it was a bit of a shocker when a guy is expecting it to show up in a couple months or so. Very nice mold, happy with dans work.

Boolit Master

design sheet

Quote Originally Posted by redneckdan View Post
    Whats the meplat percentage on the sucker? I've been thinking about designing a 350gr-ish sledge hammer mould for my .375 H&H Got a copy of the design sheet by chance?

hope its big enough to read

Boolit Buddy

Thanks, guys, for the input on the turn-around time. I sure do appreciate it!
    Running the ridges and riding the rivers of the Southwest Virginia Appalachians

I placed an order for 3 molds and got them in about two weeks. I was shocked that they were here today.
    Are you mormon? no. Are you catholic? no. Do you know what causes it? yes. and we like it.

Boolit Master
    He is a great source of molds, and that mold software is great fun to play with.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    He is a great source of molds, and that mold software is great fun to play with.
    What Quasi said, plus! I have 5 of Dan's moulds, all are WONDERFUL tools to use. Highly functional pieces of artwork, really.

Canuck, I have a similar mould design for the 45-70 (Ruger #1), Lyman #462560. It flies true in the rifle's 1-20" twist, but if run any harder than 1400 FPS it REALLY lets you know that the primers functioned in that 7-1/4# rifle.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

Because of the high praise Dan has received here, I bought a used mold off of that auction sight that starts with an "E". It was opened at $50 so that's what I bid...and darned if I didn't win it. Pretty odd since I've seen much lesser molds go for double that. Anyway I wanted to try a brass mold and this one was a 2 cavity Keith style for my 44. BEST investment I've made in molds, bar none. When I can afford it, I have a couple other idea molds I want to have Dan make.

Edd

P.S. I can no longer be called an ingot shooter by a friend after seeing this boolit..1.257+ ounces!!!!!! OUCH!!!!!
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Ed, you still shoot ingots, just smaller ones.
    Rick