RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Wideners
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you pay to belong to your local shooting range?

Boolit Grand Master

$125 for an outdoor facility in the very crowded suburbs of Philadelphia. 54.7 acres with black powder, high power rifle, small bore rifle and pistol ranges., 3 skeet fields, 3 trap fields, a table trap field, an archery range, a walk through archery field course, air rifle, air pistol and walk through air rifle/pistol course. Really a pretty sweet facility for the area. Down side is very strict target and capacity rules. No holster work, no place to practice shoot and move, etc.

$12 for an outdoor facility in the foothills of the Pocono Mountains. Can do all the stuff I can't do at home. Pits for holster and shoot and move work. No magazine restrictions, etc.. Downside is it is 1.5 hours up a toll road.
    Last edited by imashooter2; 12-11-2009 at 10:05 PM.

Boolit Master

blackfoot,id.

HI,
    Here they want $115 to join, & $50 every year after that. 2 skeet/shotgun ranges,
    1 50 yd pistol range,
    Rifle range to 1000 yds. that is were i would shoot pistol if there was room.

I personally think a free american should be able to shoot, outside of city limits, for free. OH WELL!

Boolit Master

Range fees?

I have my own range on my property with back stops at 50- 100 and 200 yrds.
    With a concrete bench. I quess in a pinch i could stretch it out to 500 yds.
    I feel your pain
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master in Heavens Range

Local Range, Not a Member, $500 buy in, $100/yr, 2 workdays or $50/year. Damn glad to live where I shoot in my yard.

Sam
    Muddy Creek Sam
    |__
    ( o )\_
    USN 100% Disabled
    Dark Lord of The Soot
    SBSS# 2137
    LASSOOS#1957s
    SASS VET #131
    http://www.muddycreeksam.com

My Feedback!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=66946

$25 per year, covered shooting bench for two at a time shooting on the rifle range. Rifle range has 25, 50,100, 200, 300 Yard. You have to "qualify" your ability to be allowed to shoot at the 200, 300 yard backstops. Soon to be covered pistol range 7, 10, 15 yard. Fully stocked fridge with about $50 worth of quarters in the door, not a cent ever comes up missing. Lay down a tarp and pickup your own brass or dont come back. There is hardly ever any brass on the ground I might add. 2 miles from home. You dont even want to try to go there the week before muzzle loader or shotgun season comes in, or you will stand there all day waiting to shoot.
    If grasshoppers carried .45's the birds wouldnt mess with them.

little jonny waiveing franticly in the back row.
    up here in canuk land in central BC. senior citizen(me) $65 year. i did a bunch
    of work this summer and they gave me a free membership for next year.
    we have a covered shooting area for 25 shooters and up to 500 meters.
    a covered 100 meter pistol range for 25 shooters as well. a 50 meter CAS
    thats covered as well. we also have a trap and skeet ranges with automactc machines
    and they have there own clubhouse. we also have a big clubhouse with a kitchen
    and indoor range for rimfire and center fire pistol and rimfire rifles that we use at this time of the year. we rent it out to LE agencies for a fee. we have about 225 members.
    best of all, i'm only 5 min away and i some times shoot 4-or 5 times a week.
    take a look at the anouncements for the high power shoot results. guess who
    is in first place. hehehehe
    http://www.quesnelrodandgun.ca/category/announcements/

I pay....

$95.00 a year which gives me access to two stocked fishing ponds, trap range, combat range, 100, 200 & 300 yd. rifle range, Olympic sized pistol range, 50yd. plinking range, archery range with elevated platform, indoor 50ft. range with motorized target holders, clubhouse with kitchen access and camping to boot!!!

Boolit Master

I am fortunate enough to be able to shoot on my own property. BUT there is a consevation club not far from here that is now $85 a year; belonged to that one but didn't care for the cliche that ran it. I understand there are a couple more clubs to the west of me but have no idea what their fees are. I guess I'm not a club kinda guy.

One problem with the club I did belong to was they had their ideas as to what kind of firearms were ok and which ones were not ok. I really can't abide that thinking considering our gun rights are in constant jeopardy.

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Master
    $250 / yr + 1 work party worth $50 addes onto dues if not done

I'll be spending some time in Boynton Beach since I bought a house there. Any ranges????
    Rich or poor, it's good to have money.

Boolit Master
    i became a life member at the one club i was a member at for 25 years. then we bought this farm and i have my own range out to 200 yds. it is nice i am the only one i have to worry about when i shoot.

In Remembrance

Property taxes, I have my own ranges.Robert

Boolit Master
    $200 initially to join and thereafter $100 a year as long as your membership is current. Each member get a key to the gate. Right now targets are available from 1-2&300 yds. Pistol is 20-25 and 50 yds. Don't know about the shotgun setup. Plans are afoot to build a 1000yd range for hi power, black powder cartridge rifle and the guys who shoot the 50bmg in anything other than a machine gun. Been a member since 1996 and best place to shoot that I have been. Frank

Boolit Master
    $110 to join pro-rated on month you join. Fiscal year is July-June. $50 a year thereafter. If you join in Dec, you pay $30+$60 initiation, etc.. Members get a break on range fees and $5 off the $25 match fees for USPSA/IDPA/ICORE. We also pay less on the skeet/trap range, 25/100 yard line, etc compared to a non-member. Our action range is blessed with about 50-60 volunteer Range officers. We hold USPSA practice every sat 9:30-1:30 rain or shine except large matches where the range is closed to the public. We work on a 9 week rotation for opening that range for practice and the action range has a match of some kind about 48 sundays out of the 52 in a year (24 USPSA, 6 IDPA, 4 ICORE, 6 Cowboy, and other specialty matches as we can get help for). Match directors ask for help from the range officer pool and anyone who wants to help out.. and we reward them with discounted or free matches.

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    Ben Avery, run by Arizona Dept. of Game and Fish:

Closed Monday and Tuesday

$7/person all day. Under 18: Free.

67 position Public range (rifle/pistol, covered, benches, concrete)

Smallbore range

High Power range to 1,000 yards

Rifle Silhouette range to 500M

Benchrest range to 300 yards

2 Pistol ranges

Pistol Silhouette range

2700 range

FITA Archery range (100 yd Olympic)

Broadhead Crossbow range

7 Hunter-oriented Archery ranges

17 Trap and Skeet

2 Sporting Clays ranges

1 Wheel Chair Trap and Skeet range

Restrooms, Classrooms

SASS Winter Range is held here (great fun!).

Personally, I'm a member of Rio Salado (Spanish for Salt River) Sportsman's Club, also associated with the Arizona Department of Game and Fish, but on the East side of town. It's about 25 minutes away, where Ben Avery is a bit over an hour away. Here's the scoop on Rio Salado.

Annual Membership Fees:
    Individual -- $85.00
    Family -- $95.00
    New or Expired Member Administrative Fee -- $25.00

Main Range Fees
    Daily range fee (Non-Members) - $7.00
    Daily range fee (Members) - Free
    Guests of Members Daily range fee - $5.00

Sporting Clays Range Fees Members Non-Members
    Sporting Clays per Round $20.00 $30.00
    5-Stand / Trap / Wobble Trap per Round $ 5.00 $ 7.00
    Activation Card (optional)Members $15.00

About 30 Covered shooting benches, concrete floor, with target holders from 25 to 300 yards

A Practical Pistol range with 4 lighted bays from 25 to 50 yards

A lighted, covered 40-position Smallbore Range to 100 meters, concrete floor

Covered long range rifle and pistol silhouette ranges to 500 meters, concrete floor

Covered High power rifle range to 500 yards

Sporting Clays Range - 16 stations

5-Stand, Trap, Wobble Trap

Restrooms, Activity Center, and Training Classrooms

Archery across the road at the Usery Mtn. State Park.

There is also Phoenix Rod and Gun Club, adjacent to South Mountain Park in South Phoenix. I'm not familiar with that range. I've been here for 25 years, but have never shot there.
    Last edited by AZ-Stew; 12-13-2009 at 07:39 PM.
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"...Get a rope." Pace Picante Sauce commercial, ca. 1984

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

Boolit Mold
    Look's like I live in the high rent district. However, it is the only game in town, soooo I had to pony up $250.00 to join and $175.00 per year. Only has a 100 yard range and 3 pistol ranges. But friendly people and well maintained. Glad to have it!

Boolit Master

$30.00/yr. That's what it costs me in gas for mowing my back yard. I'm fortunate enough I can step onto my back deck and be on my shooting range. Of course the set back is I'm limited to 65yrds. So I have to go to the public range 20mi. away for longer distances.

Moderator Emeritus

Wilco, What calibers are allowed to shoot fish with?
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Man
    Central western Virginia where I 77 & I 81 come together

Club Costs

Surprised I didn't see a reply from a member of the Rockingham County Gun Club in North Carolina. It has numerous shotgun and pistol ranges, all out doors. About a thousand members. The rifle range is 200 yds. 20 covered concrete benches and a covered loading area. Dues are $100. a year after a initiation fee (??) Dues $50. a year for seniors, that's me. At my cabin in the mountains of VA I have a 100 yd. range with covered concrete bench and shed behind the shooting bench. That is where I do most of my shooting.
    vita est breves

jerrold

Boolit Master

I belong to 2 in the local area. The Hartland Conservationists which has a couple trap fields and an outdoor range to 200 yds with backstops at 25,50,75,and 100 yds. They also have an indoor 30' range. Dues are $35. annual + you have to sell 5 $5.00 raffle tickets 4 times a year, total of $135.
    I also belong to the Lockport Conservation Club which has a heated indoor 50' range which is card accessible at any time. I shoot there in the winter time. Just slide your card, enter and turn on the furnace. The cost for that is $85.00 annual
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master

Ridgewood Rifle Club NJ, 50 foot indoor rimfire and air only. $245
    Cherry Ridge NJ outdoor, pistol, 100 and 300 yard ranges $125
    Millville NJ 600 yard $100
    Reade PA 1000 yard $40
    Palmyra PA Indoor and outdoor ranges, NICE set up $65

North End in New Tripoli PA, I'm a life member so I'm not sure.

These are the ranges I regularly use.

The rest are small clubs in PA/NY and are $15 to $30 a year, haven't been to some of them in a long time but I keep the membership to help the club along.