WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Popping in the say "Hey!"

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    Best wishes and good thoughts to you, Mo. You are in an extended family here...
    And you are my family, too.

Mo ((hugs))

Boolit Master

The best to you and full recovery, God Bless.......
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

Quote Originally Posted by MaureenO View Post
    You are so right, my friend! Thank you for your prayers and know that you all are in mine. I have been keeping my Dad at a distance and I don't know why. I want to break down and cry in his arms, but he's going on 80 and it might be too much for him. So I hang on to my sisters. My brother is only 11 and is too young to do anything but make me mud pies!

I'm taking my time; listening to my peer counselors and dept psych and you guys.

A lot of you know more about what I feel than my own family do. I trust you.

Love,
    Maureen
    Maureen, you go see your dad and cry in his arms! He needs it as much as you do, probably more. All my years on the street and I was never more "scared" than when my son went to Iraq. We worry about our kids and try to be strong for them, like you are for you kids. But just as you felt a need to comfort your kids, you Dad needs to comfort you. You are his baby girl, no matter how old your are!!
    Douglas, Ret.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by The Double D View Post
    Maureen, you go see your dad and cry in his arms! He needs it as much as you do, probably more. All my years on the street and I was never more "scared" than when my son went to Iraq. We worry about our kids and try to be strong for them, like you are for you kids. But just as you felt a need to comfort your kids, you Dad needs to comfort you. You are his baby girl, no matter how old your are!!
    I know you're correct and I will have to face him soon. My sister told him what happened, but it was the next day and when I got home my Dad called angry that no one had called him when I was in the trauma unit. But that was so he wouldn't drive down the mountain in the dark that late at night. My chief drove up to get my kids so they could see I was alive, just kinda jacked up.

I promised him I'd tell him the INSTANT I stubbed my toe from now on. I just didn't want him to be frightened and worried seeing me like that. I'll go see him tomorrow and bring the kids and we'll sit out under the big oak tree and probably cry a lot. I really DID want to see him, but I wanted to protect him more. It's funny that he said the same thing you did, D, that I will be his baby girl always.

I know I'll always feel that way about my kids when they grow up.

Maureen

Boolit Grand Master
    Hey, Little Sister! Good to hear from ya again. Sounds as if all is progressing well.

Check for PM.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Bub

aftermath

Maureen, I cant say whats its like to be hit. I can say whats it like to be missed though. In my case he missed, I didnt. It was very hard on me for a while until i realized that he was willing to take my life. After that, I did,nt think that his life was worth mine. I am a God fearing man but at the same time, my life means so much more to me than than his did to me. That took a long time to come to terms with with. With Gods help You will come to grips with the fact that You did nothing wrong. The perp was the one with the issue, God bless You and please look ahead and not into the past, Things will get better. Please p.m. me if You would like to talk. It can help. I will keep You in my thaughts and will pray for your speedy healing. We all deal deal with with things on our on time frame, Yours will come.
    Last edited by casey; 11-04-2009 at 01:28 AM.
    I dont know much but I know big bullets make everything better!!

Mo, I know what you are going through. I was a street cop for a lot of years. Was never hit, but was missed twice. Neither case did I get to return the favor. My brother worked the street in Jackson. Punk shot him as he was getting out of the patrol car. Vest did its job. Said it felt like someone hit him with a baseball bat. Punk is still in the big house. Take care of yourself, and let time do its job. You'll win in the end. Good luck. Bob

Mo,I have no clue of what your feeling, I have never been there. I prayed for you then and pray for you still.
    I do know about being a Daddy and having something happen to your baby girl. Enjoy your Pa while you can!
    Is he the father(at 80) of your brother that is 11? Sorry to be nosy an aging fella needs to know.
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by mroliver77 View Post
    Mo,I have no clue of what your feeling, I have never been there. I prayed for you then and pray for you still.
    I do know about being a Daddy and having something happen to your baby girl. Enjoy your Pa while you can!
    Is he the father(at 80) of your brother that is 11? Sorry to be nosy an aging fella needs to know.
    Jay
    Yes, Jay, he's my brother's father. My Dad will be 80 next January and he and his second wife (my mum passed away) had my brother when my Dad was almost 70.

He always says that "just cause there's snow on the roof, doesn't mean the fire's out."

Maureen

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Maureen, I cant say whats its like to be hit. I can say whats it like to be missed though. In my case he missed, I didnt. It was very hard on me for a while until i realized that he was willing to take my life. After that, I did,nt think that his life was worth mine. I am a God fearing man but at the same time, my life means so much more to me than than his did to me. That took a long time to come to terms with with. With Gods help You will come to grips with the fact that You did nothing wrong. The perp was the one with the issue, God bless You and please look ahead and not into the past, Things will get better. Please p.m. me if You would like to talk. It can help. I will keep You in my thaughts and will pray for your speedy healing. We all deal deal with with things on our on time frame, Yours will come.
    Casey, I hope you understand that you didn't take his life--HE DID when he drew down on you. It was a clear-cut suicide and you were only the vehicle of his exit.

Maureen