Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: It just occured to me

anachronism

It just occured to me

.22 LR ammo in my area is running between $20.00 to $30.00/500 rd brick. Thats .04 to .06 cents per round. Since I have primers squirreled away, I can shoot 38 spl for almost 2/3 of the price of the cheaper 22 LR. I could rebuild primers as discussed in another thread, and it would be even cheaper. This is crazy!

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

shhhhhh if the wrong person see this the price of everthing else will go up to make if cheaper to shoot 22
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Grand Master
    My own thoughts on much of this primer/ammo shortage situation is that we create it ourselves, to a large degree. As long as we continue to scarf up every cartridge and primer at any ridiculous price asked--basically, keep feeding the predators--the conditions won't change. I refuse to buy into the panic, and I'll be damned if I'll pay $50+ for 1K of primers. I like shooting, but I don't need to do it. I have enough ammo to keep hunting and stay sighted in for several centuries. The hoarders and their co-dependant predatory retailers can kiss my grits.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

anachronism
    To be honest with you Al, I think this mess was started by "fencestraddlers" who didn't really want guns until it became apparent that Obama was goint to win the election. I believe that these lazy, uncommitted buyers suddenly realized that everything could go away, and they wanted their share. They spent money like fiends, then others noticed that there was a run on guns & reloading supplies. Not wanting to be caught in a shortage, EVERYBODY started buying everything they could get their hands on. And here we are. I bought mine years ago & stored it properly. I could go for years if I need to. But you still can't buy a box of decent 9mm ammo anywhere in town.

Boolit Mold
    I have onlybeen handloading 4 years now.just getting into cast .you both have 2very well stated points .I Got plenty of regular supplies just not the cast equipment .times like this sure make it more difficult /expensive.