Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading EverythingMCD Products
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got my Bob Hoyt rebore back!

Boolit Master

yep!

Boolit Bub
    Does Bobby Hoyt do email or just phone calls?

Boolit Master
    I have never tried looking up an Email for Hoyt. But then , I don’t do Email myself.
    But I always just call him , and if he is not available , he just returns my call the next day.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lead chucker View Post
    I sent him the barrel he did the work and mailed it back to me with out being paid any thing. That's a very trusting person.
    You guys .........might be sellin yourselves short?
    If we were looking for a group of people to trust sight unseen - old guys that shoot muzzleloaders and make their own powder would be about top of the list I reckon

Boolit Master

yeah, Indian Joe, I agree!

First class guy that does quality work that's for sure. Just trying to figure out what i want him to do for me next before he retires.
    Dont pee down my back and tell me its raining.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by indian joe View Post
    You guys .........might be sellin yourselves short?
    If we were looking for a group of people to trust sight unseen - old guys that shoot muzzleloaders and make their own powder would be about top of the list I reckon
    There is no doubt that this is a true fact. I’ve never been burned by someone from the black powder community, and very few from the firearms community in general, and that was partially my fault for not looking closely enough and thinking I was getting an amazing deal.
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Boolit Buddy
    I just ran across this thread and I can answer a few of the questions I have seen posted here. I am not positive but an pretty sure Bobby doesn't use Email. He does have a grand daughter that is learning the trade and working with him. I have seen and spoken with her but that was because I was setting in the wrong driveway. Thus I can't honestly say I have met her. As for his prices, I can only say that he has my low wall that he is relining for me. The cost for the Reline is $225. Depending on when its done and what the weather is like I will most likely drive down and pick it up.
    Also this thread did answer a question I had about his barrels. Seems that they are a bit like Badger barrels and may have a few ruff edges or burrs on the edges of the lands. My Badgers were like that and a little break in made a world of difference in them.
    Sam

Boolit Master
    You are correct about Hoyt’s barrels not being highly polished inside.
    But they break in so easy that it is not worth paying him to make Perfectly finished bores on your barrel.
    But almost every barrel I have used that was either new , or rebuilt by anyone else also needed some breaking in.
    Hoyts barrels are cheaper and in almost perfect bore conditions. IMO

Boolit Master

mine has about 50 balls downrange now and DOES seem to be shooting even better. I ran a jag with 4/0 steel wool through it back and forth 50 times too. I'm very happy.