RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWideners
RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how to CCW without a belt ?

Boolit Master
    seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    fanny pack, or shoulder sling type pack
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -John Adams 2nd POTUS

Boolit Master
    Barami Clip Grip or similar. I use it with sweats or trunks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barami3.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	317678

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_man View Post
    fanny pack, or shoulder sling type pack
    I don't like recommending any carry that involves the pistol being off body. Same as with a woman's purse. To easy to have it ripped from their possession. Just my opinion.

Boolit Master
    I carried a HK USP 45 Full Size and two 12 rd mags, 36 rounds on board and heavy piece on a belly band for a while and it carried great, just did not last long. Four to five months the Chinese elastic had had enough. Bought a couple, with the 365 and two mags you hardly know it's there.

I have seen .22 NAA Magnum's in many of configurations for carry from clips to neck straps if looking to down size. or shoulder holsters

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    The 380 Keltec will fit nicely in a man’s front shirt pocket and no one looks for it there. Carry mine there in FL with the heat and loose clothing. A bottom helps to secure it.
    I once did something like that and thought I was pretty slick until my wife told me to get rid of that shirt. She said it sags real bad on one side.

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Hand carry ? Try Suspenders or wear overalls and pocket carry like I do.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Ya might consider a ankle holster.
    Yep easy to use on either ankle,just pick the one that's best for you.I've carried mine many years now and less then $20.00 to get you set-up.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Buddy
    Something like this with suspenders might work?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04AF3720-B67F-4535-B215-715AF5961F68.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	320089
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Boolit Master
    Everything is done to fit the wardrobe, or the wardrobe is adjusted to fit what you want to do. I carry based on what I am wearing and what I am doing. I like shoulder holsters when driving, but, a cargo pants pocket works too as do ankle holsters (if you can bend over that far ). For most other things I use a 'thin' pancake holster. I've used front pocket carry with some pants (like motorcycle gear). The key is to keep the gun stable and not have it 'print'. A pocket that sags like you have a pocket full of lead weights does not do it for me.

FWIW, at one time I was also limited by what I could wear and a fanny pack was the direction I went. I had to reinforce it a bit so the gun didn't 'sag' in the pocket, but, it worked well. As mentioned you have to be extra vigilant to protect if from thieves.

Since I have a long history with skin cancer I wear long sleeve shirts and pants year round, even when visiting the kids in FL. I also agree with the desert folks that a loose long sleeve garment is cooler overall. It allows circulation of the air and keeps the direct sun off the skin. That helps me when it comes time to conceal a weapon.

PS some clothing can be made to fit a holster. The overalls mentioned could have one sewn inside where you want it. A holster can be made to attach to a pair of suspenders. 'Photographer' vests are common and can be made with holsters. The rubber band 'holster' above is an adaptation of what the OSS came up with during WWII, the 'string' holster.
    Last edited by charlie b; 11-26-2023 at 02:51 PM.