Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Load Data Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uberti revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by gc45 View Post
    Uberti, Cimmeron and Taylors single action clones; are these revolvers all the same including the finishes? Thinking I might buy one for beating the brush but which one? Not worried about scratches and such and for sure whatever one I get will need a tuneup..
    Sounds like you may want a Uberti Cattleman Hombre. They're available in .357 or 45 Colt and have a flat black finish. I have a consecutively numbered pair in .357 and they're great shooters, quite accurate-

35W
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

Wish the Hombre came in 44 Spec, to many 45's now. Cimarron has them though so might be what I end up with.

Boolit Master

I got an el patron in 9mm... Sweet gun.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Jtarm View Post
    Cimarron sounds western.

Uberti not so much.

Western Italy?

Noah

Quote Originally Posted by gc45 View Post
    Uberti, Cimarron and Taylors single action clones; are these revolvers all the same including the finishes? Thinking I might buy one for beating the brush but which one? Not worried about scratches and such and for sure whatever one I get will need a tuneup..
    There are a couple of 4 3/4" Cimarron Model P .44 Special's on Gunbroker and they're a bit less costly than I would've expected.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/981305740

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/981305740

I bought a Cimarron 5 1/2" Model P .44 Special several years ago and I really like it as it's a great shooter.

I personally prefer a 4 3/4" barrel, but at the time the 5 1/2" was all that was available.

35W
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

Boolit Master

Check the feedback on this seller that you have posted a link to - Not that great - Many times they list things that they do not have in stock
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah Zark View Post
    Western Italy?

Noah
    I’m waiting for The Sicilian model.

“Make me an offer I can’t refuse.”

I have a Beretta "Stampede" that is made by Uberti. It is the most accurate .45 Colt I have ever owned, and I have owned several including a couple of Rugers. Unlike most Uberti's, the Stampede has a transfer bar. Taylor is suppose to have the closest "specs" of the Uberti made pistols and offers additional "tuning" features. Uberti markets many variations of the same or similar Single Action pistols under other names depending on caliber, or ignition type of the firearm. If you have any problems with your particular pistol, only the brand name you bought will repair it (ie. Uberti will not service Beretta, Taylor, etc.). I prefer any of the Uberti made SAA pistols today over other brands due to their balance and function. They have evolved into the most authentic of the "Colt Clones", without the Colt price, that is readily available on the market today IMHO.
    Last edited by kaiser; 04-18-2023 at 11:24 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    ^^^ What he said!! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jtarm View Post
    Cimarron sounds western.

Uberti not so much.
    A colt is just a little horse in the East or the West. The only reason “Colt” sounds Western to you is because so many cowboys carried them (especially in the movies!)

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

I blame Sergio Leone and Ennio Morricone for making me think 'Western' every time I eat spaghetti. Without them, we probably would not have any of these guns at all, although I think Audie Murphy and John Wayne had a hand in getting the Italians going with them too. My history is spotty on the subject, but I think Audie started it. Thanks, Audie!....having spaghetti tonight....