Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Load Data

Thread: Anyone have and use a roll sizer?

Boolit Bub

Anyone have and use a roll sizer?

I have been thinking about buying a roll sizer but wanted to hear from someone who has one first. I was thinking about using it for 9mm. Anyone have one? TIA

Boolit Master
    I have a casepro, run it manually with a dillon case feeder and it works great.

I will get a stoppage if a case is only half deprimed as the protruding primer prevents feeding, but that’s easily cleared.

Also identify the occasional piece of .380 because there is no resistance, so I pluck out the last one or two of those before they get to the press.

I no longer check loaded ammo in a case gauge or chamber, it all works.

If you have any specific questions let me know.

I have two case pro machines, one manual and one that runs itself.

They are not absolutely necessary but do fix rounds that would otherwise fail a case gauge or possibly get hung up going into the Breech face.

Normal reloading processes simply can’t size/repair any defect below the point a regular die can touch, this doesn’t include the base/extractor groove. The roll sizer corrects these areas.

Boolit Master

i was having problems with the "glock bulge" and 5.56 bulge from range pick ups, the roll sizer eliminated that. if your not doing major amounts of brass its hard to justify the cost, mine is the commercial rollsizer from Australia and set up with a fast case feed, it can stay well ahead of my automated 1050. i may never see a return on the investment but just the elimination of the failure to chamber rounds is worth it to me.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Bub
    I also use an older Case Pro in 9,40 and 45acp.
    Very happy with Dillon case feeder added.

Boolit Grand Master

I am thinking of building one. What would be the best model to copy. I have a complete machine shop at my disposal so looking for the best design not the simplest.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    I am thinking of building one. What would be the best model to copy. I have a complete machine shop at my disposal so looking for the best design not the simplest.
    Like I said above, I have a CasePro. But if I was going to make a purchase, or copy, today and cost wasn’t my primary concern it’d be the commercial machine from rollsizer.com.

Boolit Bub
    Any deals out there on a roll sizer?

Boolit Master
    I’m thinking about selling my casepro with 9mm, 40, and 45 dies and buying a rollsizer.com machine.