Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Anyone loading for a Canik.

Boolit Master

Anyone loading for a Canik.

I have two Canik pistols in 9mm. They are a Mete SFT and the Rival. The problem is that after 2 or 3 shots there is a build-up of lead or PC coating at the front of the chamber. After 2-3 rounds the next round will not go into full battery.
    I am using a .3560 sized bullet in both lead and powder coated. Both ways the build up occurs.
    Slugging the barrel reveals a .3545 bore diameter. Bulet profiles are round nose and TC.
    I also taper crimp to .380.
    Any suggestions?

sometimes, the expander used won't open the case enough for larger cast bullets. depending on your dies. a few places make oversized expanders.

I have the SFX and run .357 in it.
    When it was new I think mine needed a few rounds of plated to "burnish" the edges and smooth them out a bit. I got some leading right at the muzzle after a number of rounds. but after 1000 plated and jacketed, it runs that load all day long without any leading now.

Boolit Buddy
    I had some trouble with the Lee 120 TC in my TP-9SF unless I seated it deep. If I had any part of the bullet below the ogive above the case mouth there was a chance it would hang up. Super tight throat. The ones that I loaded right were great though. Fat-nosed RNs would cause similar hangups. The MP NLG clone of the H&G 275 SWC has been fantastic in it. (https://www.mp-molds.com/product/15895/) Feeds great and I've got great accuracy with it. With these and the RN SWC (https://www.mp-molds.com/product/359...6-cavity-mold/) you can size them to .357 and Bob's your uncle, because none of the ogive contacts the leade. I know I am skating up to the line of sounding like a shill for Miha, but these 2 are the best running boolits I have found for my TP9. All of mine are HiTek coated.

A good throat reaming might do wonders. Send it to Doug and have him look at it.
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Master

I picked up a Canik TP9 Combat Elite. All the Salient upgrades including match barrel. Leading and jamming with everything j'things. Quick trip to Doug Guy and life is good again. GW

Boolit Master

Had a similar thing with my CZ-75B in 9mm and the lee 120 T/C powder coated and sized .356."

Would chamber smoothly in a clean barrel,(passed the "plunk test"), but after shooting a number of rounds rounds, if I tried to clear the pistol, or eject a loaded round by hand, the slide was tight and required some force to open and eject the loaded cartridge. Also had a couple of times when the slide would need a bump to go into full battery.

I seated the boolit .010" deeper and problem solved.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    I've a Canik the Mete 9sft and with the exception of 9 mm rn bullets have to be seated deep. Otherwise I love the pistol fits hand nicely.

Boolit Buddy
    One time I had a Shield 9mm that would cut a ring of lead or PC off of bullets. The bullets would plunk just fine in a clean barrel but eventually there would be a round that failed to go into battery because the front part of the chamber was filled with a lead o-ring.

There was a sharp 90 degree corner between the chamber and the throat. I used a brass dome head bolt and some lapping compound and chamfered the edge between the throat and the chamber, and now it doesn't cut a ring of lead any more.