Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alright who's got primers in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Travisbishop View Post
    I piled up primers back when for $10 a brick when you bough a 10,000 case. Surplus powder was $1 to $2 a pound when you bought 32 pound cases. Surplus brass and bullets were cheap by the bucket. Now, I'm using that stuff. Guy at the range the other day was offering $300 a brick for my small pistol primers. Told him I'm not interested in selling any.It's unbelievable what this whole mess has turned into. I'm just sticking around to see what kind of nonsense they cook up next. Everytime I look at the TV, there's some idiot yammering away about some crap or other. Then you look at the bunch in DC... The top 3 in charge of the free world... Biden, Camel Toe, and Pelosi. A child sniffer that wakes up in a different world everyday. A cackling moron that can't walk and chew gum at the same time, and an essentially brain dead meat sack has been that can't seem to remember anything beyond the Reagan years. But, I will say, the entertainment value of watching these imbeciles trying to complete a coherent sentence is worth the price of admission
    Now would you REALLY tell us how you feel about those three great politicians?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Travisbishop View Post
    I piled up primers back when for $10 a brick when you bough a 10,000 case. Surplus powder was $1 to $2 a pound when you bought 32 pound cases. Surplus brass and bullets were cheap by the bucket. Now, I'm using that stuff. Guy at the range the other day was offering $300 a brick for my small pistol primers. Told him I'm not interested in selling any.It's unbelievable what this whole mess has turned into. I'm just sticking around to see what kind of nonsense they cook up next. Everytime I look at the TV, there's some idiot yammering away about some crap or other. Then you look at the bunch in DC... The top 3 in charge of the free world... Biden, Camel Toe, and Pelosi. A child sniffer that wakes up in a different world everyday. A cackling moron that can't walk and chew gum at the same time, and an essentially brain dead meat sack has been that can't seem to remember anything beyond the Reagan years. But, I will say, the entertainment value of watching these imbeciles trying to complete a coherent sentence is worth the price of admission
    You are a lot easier on these clowns than I would be.
    I don't go to football games, but if I did, I would be shouting something a little stronger than, Let's go Brandon.

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    You are a lot easier on these clowns than I would be.
    I don't go to football games, but if I did, I would be shouting something a little stronger than, Let's go Brandon.
    Well the original chant was a bit Stronger, it was a, critiqued a bit.

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Local CAL Ranch got a SMALL shipment in, two sleeves of 100 of each type per person, but they refuse to gouge - $5.99 per sleeve. I got my maximum of LRM and SRP in the two days it took them to run dry again...

Boy if I had a dollar for every post i see of people talking about their stockpiles..

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdog91 View Post
    Boy if I had a dollar for every post i see of people talking about their stockpiles..

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
    Which would you like? I have beef, pork and chicken stock - made a heck of a nice soup last night with beef stock, tons of veggies and some nice diced SPAM...seriously.

Anything else, I have no stock in trade.

Boolit Master

I see PSA has 9mm steel cased ammo for 34 cents/round and brass cased for 36 cents/round. Considering that primers are running close to 10 cents/each, and then you'd need to use whatever power and lead you have on hand, buying factory ammo seems to make sense. I'd get the brass cased stuff so I'd be able to reload it when times get better (how much does once fired 9mm brass go for now?). Plus, think about all the time you'd save.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    I see PSA has 9mm steel cased ammo for 34 cents/round and brass cased for 36 cents/round. Considering that primers are running close to 10 cents/each, and then you'd need to use whatever power and lead you have on hand, buying factory ammo seems to make sense. I'd get the brass cased stuff so I'd be able to reload it when times get better (how much does once fired 9mm brass go for now?). Plus, think about all the time you'd save.
    ^^^ This ^^^ I just bought another case of the 'cheap' Ruski stuff. .33 cents/rd dropped on my porch. If it's still available next month, I may buy another. I've never reloaded for the 9mm. Mostly because I'm not a volume shooter of it, and historically, the price was right on the edge of not making it viable to do so. This stuff isn't reloadable anyway, so I don't feel bad tossing the cases. The way things are going, this may be the new normal, or worse, when it's gone, it's gone. It could be the new currency. Crazy times we're in right now. I don't know where this is going, so I'm stacking it while I can. The worst thing that can happen is I get stuck with a couple thousand rds of cheap 9mm.
    Edit;
    Well maybe that's not the worst thing that can happen, but let's not go there.
    Love you guys.... Carry on.
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Master
    The danger is that something could happen domestically that would cause the shortages to start all over again. I made 4 trips to the lgs last week for large pistol primers. Could only buy 200 a day. So i got 800 before than ran out. Nine cents each plus tax.......

Boolit Master

I have not found anything locally, but to be honest reloading stuff in general is in poor supply and offerings around me so most of my stuff is online ordering. The price for shipping is high enough that I will not purchase when limited to 1K. If I can't get at least 2K it's just not worth it. Luckily the only thing I have needed has been SRPs and I don't go through a ton of them.

Got my first reloading press late last year and haven't been able to load a single round because no one has primers in stock. It sucks...
    "There is no saint without a past, no sinner without a future."

- Saint Augustine

Boolit Grand Master

It is a tough time to be trying to break into the game. I feel for you.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Agreed ! I can’t imagine starting from scratch in these crazy times. This shortage, disruption or whatever you want to call feels different than previous blips. This one will end up being years longer and change everything forever. And unfortunately, I don’t think we are even close to dependable supply.

Boolit Grand Master

It does feel different. The previous shortages all had a specific thing you could point to as root cause. This one… The current state of affairs is very concerning.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Pereira View Post
    Well the original chant was a bit Stronger, it was a, critiqued a bit.

RP
    I would be using the original chant, but with a bullhorn.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Go to youtube and just type in Let's go Brandon, should be the first video to show up.
    It was at a Nascar race.

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Sportsmans super store has CCI #34 in stock....For the super gouging price of $ 2 hundred a thousand. I got an e-mail from them today for being on their wait list for primers to be in stock. I mailed them back and told them to stuff 'em. I will never buy a thing from this company.
    https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...cation%20Email
    Deplorable infidel

Quote Originally Posted by Stacts View Post
    Got my first reloading press late last year and haven't been able to load a single round because no one has primers in stock. It sucks...
    Watch ammoseek.com for primers. Brownells and Midway show up occasionally for 80 to 100 bucks per 1000. I've bought quite a few since 2020.

The advantage of ammoseek is it saves you from having to troll each item on each site. If Brownells has CCI SPP (or whatever) in stock, it shows at a glance and you go buy them.

Good luck!

I have thousands and more thousands of large and small rifle primers, but NO pistol primers, so I know how everyone without primers is feeling; now, if I wanted to just shoot rifles I'd feel real good, same as all those guys having tons of pistol primers feel. We are getting screwed royal and I blame Obama, Biden and much of corp america for it as they have sold us out to the Ashkenazi one world order folks....

Pricey, but available. About $165/1k to your door. Cheaper if your buying in quantity. I've chatted with a few reloaders on gun group sites that say they're good primers.
    https://zincpoint.com/ammo-component...imers-1000-ct/
    And Powder Valley still shows in-stock as of 1:00 a.m. (March 23)
    if it doesn't fit, don't force it. Get a BIGGER HAMMER!