RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox

Thread: 209 primers in-stock @ Ballistic Products

Boolit Buddy

209 primers in-stock @ Ballistic Products

A friend emailed me today telling me Ballistic Products has 209 primers in-stock.

Thought I’d pass it along to anyone needing anything.

They are $53.70/1000 with a 5k limit. $48.35 if you buy 5000.
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Boolit Master

thanks, picked up 5000 just in case. they also had powder for my 50bmg so I got 8 pounds of that to minimise the hazmat fee.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    what did it cost to your door all in ???

Boolit Master
    Thank you sir ! I ordered 5,000 at the reduced rate and also 250 new Chedditte primed 10 gauge hulls .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Buddy
    The price almost seems too good to be true at current rates.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by turtlezx View Post
    what did it cost to your door all in ???
    with the hazmat and shipping spread out on 5k primers and 8 pounds of powder it was like 50 bucks a thousand for the primers, more than I ever thought I would pay but cheep insurance if the war pops off.

Moderator Emeritus

Did you see where Brownells has match primers for $100 per 1,000? Hope that is not going to be the new "normal ".

Boolit Bub
    Ordered 2k primers and a small lot of primed Fiochi hulls to try out. Hazmat was 37 bucks along with 13 dollars shipping.
    Over a third of what I paid was to simply get it to my door.
    Better than not having any though I guess.
    Primers are Cheddites.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryM View Post
    Ordered 2k primers and a small lot of primed Fiochi hulls to try out. Hazmat was 37 bucks along with 13 dollars shipping.
    Over a third of what I paid was to simply get it to my door.
    Better than not having any though I guess.
    Primers are Cheddites.
    Hence the reason to buy in as large a quantity as you can . The hazmat and shipping spread over a larger amount equates into less per item . But if you don’t shoot a lot that’s a moot point .

Boolit Master
    just checked still showing in stock at 8;50 pm e coast

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by turtlezx View Post
    just checked still showing in stock at 8;50 pm e coast
    that could be a good indicator of things to come.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    that could be a good indicator of things to come.
    I told several friends and all claimed to have ordered 5,000 .

Boolit Master
    Just be prepared for the future . Many people keep saying “when stuff gets back to normal the prices will get back to normal” . Do not expect it to drop any in price . Personally I believe it’ll only get worse .

If Biden gets his way no one will get anything!

Boolit Master
    Brownells has Cheddites for 55.00. limit 2,000. The 209's are much cheaper than the rifle and pistol primers for some reason. I saw them at Midway the other day in the 37.00 range.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    Just be prepared for the future . Many people keep saying “when stuff gets back to normal the prices will get back to normal” . Do not expect it to drop any in price . Personally I believe it’ll only get worse .
    It always has before. I can only remember back to the Clinton era, but I'm sure all the older members remember other shortages. For reloaders, the Obama shortages were worse than this. You flat out could not find primers for any price for years. Things were weird right off the bat in 2008, but it was 2011 when things got real bad. 2011 to 2015, if you had primers, you were lucky. What was really bad about those years was how it went in phases. For 2-3 years you couldn't get powder, then the next 2-3 years you couldn't get 22 LR, then the next 2-3 years you couldn't get a semi-auto rifle. And getting any of it was not easy during any of the 2008-2016 presidency.

By comparison, stuff hit the fan late 2020, and now we are starting to see stuff trickling in early 2022. We are already better off than at any point in the Obama presidency. At least as far as powder and primers goes. The rest of the country is pretty well screwed. We aren't going to be paying $100 a pack primers forever. Prices are already half what they were 3-4 months ago. I'm willing to admit things have a chance of getting worse in 2024, but I'd be looking to 2023 if you are already short on primers. Stock up at least a 4 year supply then.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    It always has before. I can only remember back to the Clinton era, but I'm sure all the older members remember other shortages. For reloaders, the Obama shortages were worse than this. You flat out could not find primers for any price for years. Things were weird right off the bat in 2008, but it was 2011 when things got real bad. 2011 to 2015, if you had primers, you were lucky. What was really bad about those years was how it went in phases. For 2-3 years you couldn't get powder, then the next 2-3 years you couldn't get 22 LR, then the next 2-3 years you couldn't get a semi-auto rifle. And getting any of it was not easy during any of the 2008-2016 presidency.

By comparison, stuff hit the fan late 2020, and now we are starting to see stuff trickling in early 2022. We are already better off than at any point in the Obama presidency. At least as far as powder and primers goes. The rest of the country is pretty well screwed. We aren't going to be paying $100 a pack primers forever. Prices are already half what they were 3-4 months ago. I'm willing to admit things have a chance of getting worse in 2024, but I'd be looking to 2023 if you are already short on primers. Stock up at least a 4 year supply then.
    I’ve been at this for over forty years . Back in the late 80’s early 90’s the rooskies were buying up lead and shot prices went from $11@bag for magnum grade to $21 PDQ . A lot of people myself included had a cow . Eventually it eased up and the price dropped $3 then it slowly started creeping back up . The days of $130-150 for 8 pounds of Unique or Promo won’t happen again. I happened onto two 8 pounders of Unique today . So now I have over 25 pounds and doubt I’ll ever need to buy anymore Unique for the duration of my time on this planet . I kinda think the only thing I may need buying for the rest of my shooting/reloading life will be more shot .

Boolit Grand Master

I wasn't around then, but when I started reloading, Lawrence magnum shot was around $24 a bag. That was early 2000's. I found a receipt from 2010 when I bought the same thing, and it was up to just under $26. Then in 2011 it was up around $55 a bag at the same place. It stayed there for years, only marginally came down recently. So I get it. The difference is it seems to be the trend.

By comparison when I started reloading, primers were around $28 a thousand. Later I came into a bunch of Federal 209's from the 80's and 90's, and they had $25 sticker on them. They really didn't jump that much during the Obama shortage, it was that you could not find them at all. When they started coming back they were only in the $32-$35/1000 range for the same primers at the same place. So primers have not varied that much, mostly just kept with inflation. This huge spike in prices we saw the last 2 years are unique. This the the first time I'm aware of this ever happening to primers. There is zero evidence it is going to stay at $100/1000 forever, or get worse. Need evidence, just look at this post. BPI is already down to $48.35/1000, even if they are just Cheddites. Have a little faith. I knew this year had potential to be trash, that's why I prepared. I am surprised how bad the world got as fast as it did. For that, I have a strong feeling we won't have to deal with this more than another 2.5 years tops. Of course inflation has gone bananas, so American primers will probably only come down to the $45-50/1000 range.

Boolit Master
    I stopped shooting during the Obama shortages. When it ended, i started stocking up on ammo when it was cheap. And it was cheap into January of 2019. Got 9mm and .223 from Palmetto then. And primers were still about $30/1000. I am a bit worried about the situation with Aliant Powder. Seems like they just stopped making it.

Wow! I ordered some 9/21 and they were $37.99 per 1k. I hope that rate of increase stops.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with