MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: went to a gun show today ...

Boolit Buddy
    Just got me a pound of H110, $35 at a Ace Hrw they've been pretty good on their prices, just don't know what powder will come in, keep coming in looking for 2230, i'll buy their lot (if I can swing it) when it gets in since they don't have a limit.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Agree with Lloyd and some of the others that if I was totally out I would go $100/1000. I also agree that if you are waiting for under $50/1000 you probably will be waiting forever. I may be wrong, but if you look at reputable sites like Midway, Graf’s,etc., even though they have no primers, the prices that have listed is $65/1000 and up, the new normal.

Boolit Master
    Powder at the lgs is running about $38/LB. No primers though for several months. Also no Alliant powder. Ammo however is much more available. That is a good sign.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Agree with Lloyd and some of the others that if I was totally out I would go $100/1000. I also agree that if you are waiting for under $50/1000 you probably will be waiting forever. I may be wrong, but if you look at reputable sites like Midway, Graf’s,etc., even though they have no primers, the prices that have listed is $65/1000 and up, the new normal.
    Some folks might be selling off stuff as money gets tight and realize things will not get better in the short term. Waiting to get some redundant rifles and pistols for spares. Not interested in adding calibers. Maybe add another .30/30, another .308, and a couple of Glock 22's.
    Don Verna

Banned

don its doubtful that guns like 308s 06s 3030s 40s or 9s will be sold cheap. Guys will pay for ammo for them. Its the odd ball stuff that us handloaders like and ammo is about impossible to come by at any price you might see for sale. You might catch glock 22s for a reasonable price because of all the trade ins with police going back to 9s. Ive got three and wouldnt pass a deal on a 4th. IMO theres not a better non concealed battle pistol then a glock 22. Its the only glock i have multiples of. Well maybe another 19 if cheap would peak my interest too. But ive got enough 9s that it would have to be a heck of a deal.

Boolit Master
    Not at all interested in paying $100+ but if everything you are buying from food to building supplies is up 20-30% or more over the past couple of years it just might be time to think hard about what that new "normal" figure might be.

Boolit Master

Palmetto State Armory has quite a supply of ammo, at today's prices. Not cheap but somewhat reasonable. I don't need to buy factory ammo!

Boolit Buddy
    $19 a pound, for ribeye steak, $7.99 for 12 oz of bacon, $3.50 and rising for a gallon of gas, what do you expect the price of primers to do. I'm not paying $135 for primers, but remember, we have, at least, 2 and a half years left, of this and he hasn't even gotten to gun control yet. He just past his first year, in office, and I am sure there's more to come. Pay the price, and keep reloading, or take up another hobby. Seems like that is the advise given, here.

Boolit Master
    Last weekend was the local gun show. One outfit had primers at $90/1000. The rest of the crowd had them at $100-150/1000. The $150 primers are Federal Match LR Std and Mag.

There was pistol powder around $32-34/lb and rifle for just under $40/lb.

Table prices are really high. There was only about 75% of the normal vendors.

USMC 77, USRA 79

Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    IF we end up in a war, you will wish you had bought a bunch at that price. would not take much to make ammo dissapear again, if you can afford it and need it, I would not wait for better prices.
    I agree with this… I have a feeling if things in the Middle East or Ukrainian issues could make 130 look pretty good… but I won’t need em thank God! my house has a Moat!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rototerrier View Post
    Free market working as it should.
    Maybe but at the last gunshow I saw prices like that and no-one buying anything. Price something where you want but if you can't sell it then what good is it
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Prices will come down to what ever the value of the dollar is when supply catches up. Bidum has been getting his rear handed to him recently and it should get a lot worse for him in November. At the current inflation rate primers should come down to $40 $45 per brick and when compared to the price ammo will be it will still be much cheaper to reload and still cheaper yet to cast and reload. IF and when components come down to that level, I still won't be buying components as I have at least enough to keep me shooting at the level I want for the rest of my days and still pass on a good supply of components to my two sons.

It bothers me that many haven't seen this coming for a long time and prepared. I have never had a lot of money left at the end of the month, usually the other way around. Yet I have managed to gather what I think I need to keep my family and I need for survival.

Half the people in the world are below average and average isn't very high. I am hoping that people have woke up to the fact that what ever they think they need may not be on the shelf tomorrow. Anyone that thinks this is the last shortage is beyond hope.

Markopolo:
    I have never lived on a remote island but the idea does appeal to me. I did live in Nome for 6 years and learned what is like to live in an isolated area. Things I took for granted at the stores in the UNITED States frequently weren't there when I wanted. Mail order and a few days of wait was normal as was stocking up ahead of time.
    After 6 years in Nome my wife decided she had enough and told me she was moving to Anchorage and asked if I was going with her. That's why I'm not still in Nome.

Boolit Master
    The prices at gun shows seems to be scalpers that hope to make two or three sales to desperate folks to make their table costs and a large profit. Free enterprise is a good thing. People have the right to charge what ever they want for their goods and services. People also have the right to buy or not.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    IF we end up in a war, you will wish you had bought a bunch at that price. would not take much to make ammo dissapear again, if you can afford it and need it, I would not wait for better prices.
    (me rolling my eyes whilst sitting on 250,000 )

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    I think $45 is realistic. But until we get rid of BiDet who knows.
    He's not going to be a round long. Even the Dems are mad at him.

ACC

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
    I agree with this… I have a feeling if things in the Middle East or Ukrainian issues could make 130 look pretty good… but I won’t need em thank God! my house has a Moat!
    yup i have what some would consider a huge supply of 9s 40s 45s and 556. that said i have about 3k more 556 brass sitting there and the components to load them. thought to myself the other day. Why keep it as unassembled stash. Could come a day soon that i dont have electricity to load the crap. ya i can load it without electricity. But trimming brass and dispensing powder would make it a much tougher job and what else would i use small rifle primers and 2230 for. I think when it warms up im going to load every piece of brass in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I think when it warms up im going to load every piece of brass in the shop.
    I've been thinking the same thing. At least get it all trimmed and primed.
    Deplorable infidel

So... getting a rifled barrel for the 1816 musket is a money saving investment.

Quote Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
    I've been thinking the same thing. At least get it all trimmed and primed.
    Same here as you and Lloyd. I've got .300BO squared away; .30 Carbine and .223 still to go.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

At our local show in January a fellow walked in with 1000 L/P primers and was asking 250 dollars and went home without them!!!
    I thought he was crazy. but he was not alone!