MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: MP / Mihec Molds Shipping - US Customs Issue Question

Boolit Buddy

MP / Mihec Molds Shipping - US Customs Issue Question

Just wondering...

Of those of you that have ordered from MP/Mihec from group buys or his retail site: Have you ever had problems with your package getting through US customs? Specifically the "Clearance Event" or "Customs Inspection"?

I only can recall people ever talking about how fast MP molds gets from Slovenia all the way to our doorsteps. Infact, the first two molds I have purchased have come at near lightning speed. Pretty much a modern marvel. DHL does a really good job.

However, on this third mold I have purchased, my package has been stuck for a week at the clearance event/inspection. I have to image that this happens every now and again with any volume of international shipments.

What I'm wondering is: Is there anyone out there that has had this issue? More importantly, how long did it take to resolve and what if anything was needed to get the ball rolling again? I'm okay with waiting, but I don't want to find out after 2-3 weeks of waiting that I needed to provide another bit of information or call a specific phone #.

Just looking for some guidance with those who have had this happen. If waiting is what works, I'm cool with that. If there is something else I need to do, just let me know.

Boolit Master
    Mine have always had "machine parts" stamped on the shipping label. Maybe someone in customs got nosy, or a dog didn't like the way the newsprint padding smelled, or the label didn't get stamped. With Customs it could be anything. Heaven help us if some "administration" appointee figures out we're getting "homemade ghost boolit gun stuff" from overseas and goes crusading.
    Following this as I'm about to order two MP molds...
    Ed <><

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School Big Bore View Post
    Mine have always had "machine parts" stamped on the shipping label. Maybe someone in customs got nosy, or a dog didn't like the way the newsprint padding smelled, or the label didn't get stamped. With Customs it could be anything. Heaven help us if some "administration" appointee figures out we're getting "homemade ghost boolit gun stuff" from overseas and goes crusading.
    Following this as I'm about to order two MP molds...
    Ed <><
    I personally wouldn't hesitate to buy another mold. Miha has already replied and is going to look into the issue with his DHL rep tomorrow. He says this is a pretty rare occurrence. My mold is stuck in Franklin Park, IL. So I suspect anything that goes through Ohare would go through this customs location.

For you in South Texas, I doubt it would go through the same one. Anyway, I know it will get squared away. The not knowing the trick to getting it back started is what's eating at me

Boolit Master
    Good luck with yours. Hope it gets straightened out.
    Ed <><

Boolit Master

Never a problem. I know its frustrating!!

Good luck!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I ordered a mold last wed night, it shipped thursday morning, and was in customs hands on friday.... the tracking shows that it has cleared customs on tuesday, but no further movement!! aarrrrgggghhh I just don't know who to prod with a stick... is it customs that is hanging on to it, dhl for not checking if it's ready to leave.... I've no idea....

Boolit Grand Master
    I had a Christmas ornament stuck in that area for a month! It finally came along about New Year. I think there is an event horizon to a black hole somewhere in the vicinity of Chicago/0’Hare.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy
    From what I’ve heard there have been a series of bad storms up north. Packages as a whole have been moving slowly this week and I’ve seen several USPS items be rerouted much further south than usual.

Boolit Master

Just got mine now from Miha - tracking shows it was routed via Cincinnati (ordered Sunday late afternoon) to N. Texas.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club