RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: .22 long rifle match in stock at the moment

Boolit Mold

.22 long rifle match in stock at the moment

Boolit Master

Yeh, lets reduce the number of rounds from 50 to 40 to save the shooter from having to carry all that weight. Also since we are having to go to more trouble(new packaging) lets double the normal price. Company with a heart.

Boolit Buddy
    40 rns, new packaging? Are we looking at the same thing? I see 50rnds. of 40gr. boolits.

Boolit Master

Seeker, You are right of course. No wonder I am having trouble shooting these days. Need to uncross my eyes.

86.99 for a brick of 500 from a little known manufacturer? Plus shipping? That might be close to .19 per round delivered? I would buy a high powered 22 pellet rifle before buying this.

When I started shooting, which was admittedly almost 30 years ago, we bought Winchester Wildcat at K-Mart for $9.99 a brick. It was $7.99 a brick if we hit a sale. Man, I miss those days.
    "The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Landric

Honcho for NOE .38-200 Mk. I British Round Nose Group Buy

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Landric View Post
    When I started shooting, which was admittedly almost 30 years ago, we bought Winchester Wildcat at K-Mart for $9.99 a brick. It was $7.99 a brick if we hit a sale. Man, I miss those days.
    I still have a couple of bricks from those days --Winchester Wildcat from K Mart. Federal Lightening was the same price.

And that old ammo still shoots reliably.

My friend who got me into shooting (I didn't grow up with guns) had a Ruger Standard (not even a Mk. I) .22 pistol. I bought a Marlin Model 70 shortly after I shot his Ruger for the first time (I wasn't old enough to buy a pistol). He also had a Ithaca M37 12 gauge. He lived outside Boone and had a makeshift range in his side yard. I would drive up on Friday afternoon. Once I got there we would head to K-Mart and buy one or two bricks of .22 Wildcat (depending on how flush we were feeling) and one or two boxes of 12 gauge birdshot (again, depending on how flush we were feeling). The total investment might be as much as $30 or as little as $13. Then we would spend the weekend plinking and hanging out.

Almost 30 years later we are still friends, he still has the Ruger Standard and the Ithaca, and I still have the Marlin.
    "The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Landric

Honcho for NOE .38-200 Mk. I British Round Nose Group Buy

Boolit Master

I used to buy a lot of ammo from K-mart. My father and i would go and get shotgun shells there too when on sale. We would get enough for dove season ands small game. My 1st firearm came from Ames. Mossberg 20 gauge pump. With the select choke. It was 1977 when i got that. Still hunt with it too.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smkummer View Post
    86.99 for a brick of 500 from a little known manufacturer? Plus shipping? That might be close to .19 per round delivered? I would buy a high powered 22 pellet rifle before buying this.
    Little known manufacturer?? I respectfully suggest you get out of the house more!! SK has been around a long time and makes superb .22 rimfire ammo, generally better than most of the dreck leaving American ammo factories these days. Go to a smallbore silhouette match and odds are half the guys will be shooting SK ammo.

Boolit Master

This is the first time I have heard of SK. Stopped by the largest dealer in the area 2 weeks ago. They had hardly any ammo on the shelves, the racks and handgun cases were about half full. In the past, they have had CCI, Federal, Remington, and Aguila ammo. Don't remember ever seeing any other brands.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

SK is a brand you don't see much outside of target events. It is a foreign made ammunition after all.

Quote Originally Posted by gnoahhh View Post
    Little known manufacturer?? I respectfully suggest you get out of the house more!! SK has been around a long time and makes superb .22 rimfire ammo, generally better than most of the dreck leaving American ammo factories these days. Go to a smallbore silhouette match and odds are half the guys will be shooting SK ammo.
    Laughing. I just turned 60, I guess I am officially old school now.

Boolit Master
    I don't shoot 22 competition so 20 cents per round for 22lr will have me shooting cast in my hornet at around 5 cents per round. 25 cents per shot for the match 22lr can have me shooting my 416 Rem with cast.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    I don't shoot 22 competition so 20 cents per round for 22lr will have me shooting cast in my hornet at around 5 cents per round. 25 cents per shot for the match 22lr can have me shooting my 416 Rem with cast.
    The high end stuff is 40-50 cents a round. If it is what your rifle likes, it is what you shoot in competition.
    I can shoot cast centerfire for a lot less than that, but, centerfire rifles are not allowed in the competitions I want to shoot. So I spend the money it takes to compete.
    If you don't compete then do as you wish.

Boolit Bub
    Out of stock.