Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooters World

Boolit Buddy
    I am desperately looking for something to replace imr 4895 - it's the only powder that shoots well with my cast boolits in the m1 garand. I shoot 35 grains of imr 4895 with a spire point 200 grain boolit out of the NOE mold, shoots and cycles great. Any help is appreciated.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmower View Post
    I am desperately looking for something to replace imr 4895 - it's the only powder that shoots well with my cast boolits in the m1 garand. I shoot 35 grains of imr 4895 with a spire point 200 grain boolit out of the NOE mold, shoots and cycles great. Any help is appreciated.
    The Shooters World Manual has a recommended Garand load listed for both Precision and Match Rifle. I don’t own a Garand, so I can’t comment on how well these jacketed loads function.

Here is a link to their Manual:

https://shootersworldpowder.com/wp-c...rld-manual.pdf

JM

Boolit Master
    without the load data to back it up a whole bunch has been written that makes it seem that the precision rifle powder is a direct replacement for Varget. I have no idea if that's true or not, ive never used it.
    I know there were some folks that know a whole more than me about ballistics doing testing and writing about it on the accurate shooter site.
    ive recently been learning about AA2520 which has load data for a whole lot of calibers with proven past performance and its not as difficult to find as powders such as Varget or h4895 in this new era of shortages

Boolit Master
    I know a few high power guys that use the Accurate 2495 as a direct replacement for 4895 (I know, not a SW powder). I don't yet know anyone who has messed with SW powders in the Garand. The high power guys have finally adopted the use of Precision. I've carried SW powders at our club for several years and they are finally starting to catch on now that Varget has been in short supply for such a long time.

Boolit Buddy
    The Shooters World Manual has a recommended Garand load listed for both Precision and Match Rifle. I don’t own a Garand, so I can’t comment on how well these jacketed loads function.

Here is a link to their Manual:

https://shootersworldpowder.com/wp-c...rld-manual.pdf

JM
    thanks, JM, I'll check it out and post info back here if anything works out.

Boolit Buddy
    I decided I was tired of using this powder in 380 acp , something else in 9mm and something ,again different in 40 S&W . After looking @ SW powders description , I decided on SW Auto Pistol for all three calibers . I am very well pleased with my decision and have ordered more as back up . Regards Paul

Boolit Buddy
    well, better late than never. finally worked up a good load for the Garand. 200 grain NOE, pc and gc, sized .311, over 32 grains of Shooters world buffalo. cycles the action and dead on at 300 meters, no signs of overpressure.