MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee Precision

Thread: Shipping to Canada?

Boolit Buddy

Shipping to Canada?

Anybody ever ship stuff to Canada? I have some items for sale, and someone from Alberta asked if I would ship to Canada...is it a big pain or not really? What about cost? I assume it would be more.

Boolit Buddy
    It would be a brass mold from NOE

Boolit Man
    ITAR is the acronym you want to research.

I learned I could not ship brass casings.

Call UPS or FEDEX, tell 'em what you want to do, and ask them what is allowed.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master
    With so many new restrictions these days, I would get it in writing if they say it can be shipped.

Boolit Master
    The cost of shipping can be prohibitive as well. A friend could not find rubber antivibration pads for use under a washing machine. They are readily available in my area for under $10/set. Shipping to Ontario Canada from SE Michigan was $24 US. via USPS. The package didn't weigh 10 oz. If the border wasn't locked down it would have been cheaper to drive there and hand deliver the things.

I’ve got a few molds from here into Canada just shipped as hand tools it on average was $20 ore more In Shipping Haven’t had any problems yet

Moderator Emeritus

It's called exporting, when you sell something that needs to be shipped to Canada (or other Country). There are Customs forms at the USPS that must be filled out. It's not a real big deal...but it's enough of a hassle, the first time you do it, you likely will learn that it's not worth that extra hassle for just one used item that could be easily sold to someone with a USA shipping address.

For instance, If I am shipping something to a USA address, I am usually in and out of the post office in two minutes. If I am exporting something, I may be at the post office counter for 25 or 30 minutes. If you have a small town post office, that's usually not a big deal...but if you have to use a post office that can bet busy, it's a real pain.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Bub
    American rules for shipping into Canada are... interesting. I want to buy a ranger point precision cloverleaf picatinny (and shims), and discovered I will have to pay a $40 export fee to the US feds, and a $30+ shipping fee. So... If thats what I'm doing, I'm trying to get a few other guys to buy in on the RPP order to share the permit and shipping fees. I'm also expanding my order to RPP in order to make the order feel somewhat worth it to me. It's interesting the issue is the US government, not the Canadian government. I'm not used to that...