Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hurricanes X 2 in Gulf

Boolit Grand Master
    Hope that one does head to west texas, maybe then it will continue up to Colorado with some rain for the wildfires and maybe get rid of the high pressure system (4 corners high its called) that is keeping all the moisture and cooler air away.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the "old days" when a Hurricane was coming we would stock up on sandbags , bottled water , gasoline for cars and generators ,ice , toilet paper and any meat that comes in a can (Spam)

This morning my wife and daughter are stocking up , not with food and water but on electrical devices to charge their cell phones while the power lines are down... my how times have changed .

I'm prepared ...I got half a case of Bourbon Bar-B-Que Vienna Sausage , some tins Of Underwood Chicken Spread , Spam , Mustard Sardines , Corned Beef, chicken breast and Tuna along with lots of crackers , a loaf of bread and two gallons of Bluebell Ice Cream .

I don't do cell phones... I like to eat.

I heard the first hurricane is named Marco ... The second one should be Polo...Marco Polo ...
    Them weather folks just don't have no sense of humor
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Marco woosed out Laura could be strong 2 if not 3 by the time it gets here, we’ll be on the wet side if it keeps on track.

Boolit Grand Master
    Stay safe.
    Hope it's like the one we had a few months ago.
    Nothing happened.

Banned

Boolit Buddy
    Expected to strengthen to Cat. 4 before it hits the TEX/LOU coast. Keep your head down neighbors.

Banned
    A lot can change in 12 or 24 hours. The track forecast I posted was just after the 5PM update.
    Y’all keep your wood screwed down over there.
    —Griff

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dangitgriff View Post
    Finally! Some interesting weather!
    You must not live near the Gulf or the Atlantic. Laura is coming ashore about 70 miles east of me. It’s been pins and needles for a couple of days.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    Cat 4 at land fall according to Fox News!

God bless and stay safe!

Prayers sent

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

High end cat 4 is what i heard
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Banned

Hurricanes X 2 in Gulf

Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    You must not live near the Gulf or the Atlantic. Laura is coming ashore about 70 miles east of me. It’s been pins and needles for a couple of days.
    My sarcasm is a nod to those of us dumb enough to live where nature has proven hazardous to human existence.
    I own a little mobile home in the lower Florida Keys that got smacked by category 4 Irma three years ago. It is scheduled for a rebuild this year or early next.
    Wilma in 2005 brought a storm surge across my island that floated cars across the street and took out my fence in front of the property.
    Those of you with insurance may succumb to sticker shock when you renew your policies. Here in Florida, in the Keys, no insurance carrier is foolish enough to offer comprehensive wind and flood coverage at any price, leaving the state as the insurer of last resort for wind insurance and the federal government as the underwriter for flood insurance under the NFIP. Regular homeowners’ insurance is still available for purchase in the private market.
    Many folks sell and move due to increasing insurance costs. Coastal U.S. living is rapidly becoming unaffordable to all but the wealthy, as even legacy family properties are too expensive to maintain insurance and property taxes on.
    R/Griff

Boolit Master
    Power came back on Saturday at 9:00 pm. Most of parish still out by 72%. Ran 3 days straight on generator, shut down every 24hrs and checked oil level, only have 400 hours run time on this unit. It starts every week and runs test for 12 minutes. Good thing because it has pointed out several problems in the past, like battery issue, oil and filter maintenance etc. 22kw ran entire house, barn tack room/reloading room and large greenhouse with 10 fans to keep Orchids from cooking in this August heat. Loaned smaller portable generator to neighbor to keep there freezer from thawing. Lots of linesman been on the job since this started and have still a lot of clean up ahead. South La. much worse than North, praying for safety of all who have to work in this heat.

Boolit Master

Yep we got power Saturday evening for a few hours,then it went out again until Sunday night,my gen set is dead. Time for another one, five days of 100+ temps has just about got me.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master

Good luck to you guys that were in the path. Been there, done that got the TShirt. We built a new house 4 years ago. Top of my priority list was a whole house standby generator, gas appliances and hurricane windows and doors. I'm getting too old to fool around with panels or shutters anymore. I know it's no fun. Be safe.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    Good luck to you guys that were in the path. Been there, done that got the TShirt. We built a new house 4 years ago. Top of my priority list was a whole house standby generator, gas appliances and hurricane windows and doors. I'm getting too old to fool around with panels or shutters anymore. I know it's no fun. Be safe.
    Yes Sir not fun that is for sure !!!!!!!!!!!. I've been down this Road before and thought I was ready,but I guess one can never really be ready for a hurricane Rita got us pretty bad,back in 05. So I added a Gen set for the house and Murphy's law it quits during a hurricane. When needed the most.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    Been watching the outage maps from Entergy and small co-op that serves my 5 parishes they’ve made tremendous strides as to getting power back on. We still have a few hundred in Union parish that still have work to get trees removed and poles replaced. At one time La. had 17,000 extra repairman from all over the US helping fix this mess. 1st time a category 1 Hurricane has made it this far north with most of La. on the wet side.