Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load Data
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rain

Wills I am surprised you would be tempted to eat all the tomatoes like candy. I would have thought you would be a LINK sausage guy.

A MISSING link?

Another half inch Christmas day, so two inches in the gauge this week.
    Last edited by wills; 12-26-2006 at 10:25 AM.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Got a lot of rain Dec, Jan, and since. Above average for the year, but our corn is just sprouting.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Buddy
    just outside Sulphur Springs in north east Texas
    wills
    Here in hopkins co.we have had good rains also.Got the first cutting of hay up.Today I will plant my sweet corn.Looking good for the garden this year.
    God is good all the time

I have been wondering how you were doing up there. Looking at the thread, I noticed I reported our corn waist high this time last year. People in town have corn farther along than ours, but town is down in a hole, and I’m on top of a hill. The evenings have been too cool for anything to flourish. I think things may pick up soon.

Another six tenths this afternoon.
    Last edited by wills; 04-30-2007 at 09:41 PM.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw

More rain today. People have hay, but it is too wet to get the equipment out to cut.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Buddy
    wills
    We have lots of rain lots of grass.Everthing is growing great.We got 2.5 in of rain today.My wife said it has rained 19 out of the last 20 days.
    God is good all the time

Here in the uk we have had nothing but rain. Following the wettest june for several decades july is feeling like november! Several major towns have been under water for over a week and are likely to be for some time to come. This is Hull a major port on the east coast where they estimate ten percent of houses are affected.

Naturally the gardening magazines are full of articles on converting your garden over to cope with the drought and heat caused by global warming! Meanwhile I am under siege by snails which have been spending their nights going walkies over my windows and patio door. Nice!

Temperature right now (9.40am) is 12 degrees c (53 f) and it is still raining!
    "Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.

Forty Days.....

AUSTIN — Texas is facing a weather challenge of historic proportions with more than 40 days of storms affecting more than 50,000 square miles, disaster-response officials said Thursday.

Thirteen lives had been lost to flooding and treacherous weather conditions as of Thursday, and five people remain missing, according to reports compiled by state officials.

Nearly 1,000 homes had been destroyed in 11 counties surveyed so far out of 51 affected, officials said.

"It's unprecedented in the scope of the size (of the area affected) and the time we've been under this," said Jack Colley, chief of the Governor's Division of Emergency Management, who has been dealing with flood operations since May 23.

Normally at this time of year, he noted: "We're fighting wildfires. We're not fighting floods."

Gov. Rick Perry has issued state disaster declarations for 44 counties; six of them also have received federal disaster declarations.

With five major river basins — the Nueces, Colorado, Brazos, Trinity and Red — all at flood stage for the first time since 1957, even a little of the rain that's expected to continue until the weekend poses a problem, Colley said.

Having the river basins at flood stage means reservoirs must be managed with water releases and there is flooding associated with them, but not every waterway connected to them is flooding. Rains of 1 to 3 inches still were expected across Texas, with 4 to 6 inches possible in some locations.

"We've reached the point now where these lakes and reservoirs are at their maximum capability. When you hear ... '1- or 2-inch rain,' to you that may not seem significant," Colley said. "But right now, those 1- or 2-inch rains are very significant because there's just simply no place for it to go."

Of particular concern Thursday were the Sabine, lower Trinity, Brazos and Nueces rivers, he said.

With affected counties stretching from the northern to the southern part of the state, Texas already has deployed its largest search-and-rescue effort, Colley said.

Perry has activated more than 250 Texas National Guard members and 71 high-profile military vehicles to assist with response to flooding and other emergencies, plus other vehicles and teams to help with potential search-and-rescue missions.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/4947059.html
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw

Getting dry again. Not much rain since the first of August. I understand the latest word from the LCRA Meteorologist is not to expect any more rain till June
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Buddy
    WiLLS
    how are you doing,we are a little dry here but grass is still doing well.I have had to mow my pasture twice this year.Got enought hay to last 2 years,life is good here.Cows are fat,all bred slick.Now if I could get my sav. md99 308 to shoot cast and not lead,I would be in hog heaven.
    God is good all the time

So much rain here till august people couldn't cut hay. A lot of it got too high and is not going to be much good. We had the whole years' worth of rain by first part of August, then it stopped. Corn was sprouting in the fields and farmers couldn't get machinery in to harvest. Tanks are full though, but pastures beginning to get a little crisp. Just got a 99 in 308 myself, but haven't done anything with it yet.
    Last edited by wills; 09-28-2007 at 04:03 PM.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Master

Bring that hay up here to KY. You'll get a fortune for it. Most folks got one cutting and not much at that. Plus they are already feeding it. The neighbor cut again the end of last week and I don't think it was even 6 inches deep, but anything is better than nothing. Lots of corn was cut for silage since it didn't make much of an ear. This has been one of the driest years I can remember.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Looks like things havent changed. We didnt even get any ice from the winter storm that was forcast a couple of days ago.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw

In Remembrance

We got some snow, some freezing rain. Not much moisture, but any was appreciated. Didn't leave the house for two days, though, slick as owl grease (an old saying of my grandmother's).

Quote Originally Posted by dale clawson View Post
    We got some snow, some freezing rain. Not much moisture, but any was appreciated. Didn't leave the house for two days, though, slick as owl grease (an old saying of my grandmother's).

Not exactly the way I heard the saying
    Last edited by wills; 02-01-2009 at 02:07 AM.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Buddy
    Wills
    We got a little ice,a little rain.But it was over 70 here today.Looking foward to time to put in my garden.Thought about plowing today,but was to lazy.We do need rain again.
    God is good all the time

We have some cabage in, some onions well anong and planted more. Bought some seed potatoes a couple of days ago. We will plant those sometime this month, but we sure need rain.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw

Rain, 2.39 inches of it according to the weather report. We sure needed it
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw

In Remembrance

Here in the Eastern panhandle I've had 1," then four days later I've gotten1.3" with a chance for more in an hour or so. Had .3"rain+7" of snow a few weeks ago. It's adding up and greatly needed.