Inline FabricationLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do you shop for your molds?

+1 for NOE -their molds are great and they've got some hollow point designs. +1 for accurate - if they don't have what you want they will make it and get it to you quickly.
    WWG1WGA

Banned
    Love NOE, excellent molds and Al's a great guy.
    for lee mold - Amazon, usually the cheapest place 24/7

Boolit Master
    I have molds from most of all the manufacturers, that I have bought over the years.
    I like NOE, RCBS and Accurate the most.
    Lately I have bought from NOE and Accurate.
    It doesn't take long to get to the $1000 club when you start using NOE's molds, they are GREAT.

Lafaun
    Just staying at home and playing with multi-color boolits.

Boolit Grand Master

Most if not all of my RCBS molds came from Midway. I have a few H&G molds that I mostly bought from members here. I just got a new Accurate mold. The company was a pleasure to deal with and the mold casts like a dream. I've bought a few molds from friends and have also swapped a few.

Moderator Emeritus

Best answer is "anywhere and everywhere"... I have this chronic disease where moulds actually cry out, "Buy me!" The BEST source, bion, is persons on this site. The fact that they were owned/used by fellow casters says, imho, ever so much! And yes, I've purchased them off eBay sellers, as well as new ones from MP, NOE, Accurate, Buffalo Arms.... and probably many others.
    Good luck in your quest!
    geo

Boolit Master

I will confess to buying a few molds at retail from gun shops here in Michigan. They were there, I was there, the money was there, and it stayed there.

I have traded on this site for some also. I have bought off ebay once or twice. Also I have sold one or two on ebay.

I forgot to mention Titan Reloading.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

I would go look at group buy discussions and open group buys. Just keep an eye on those because the molds will be first rate and only get made when a lot of your fellow casters desire a specific offering. Currently discussions on slug molds for shotgun, some nice 8mm and a 38/357 hammer with hollow point pins have all caught my eye. The prices are good because the molds don't happen without enough people ordering so the shop knows they have sufficient sales to be profitable.

Not having bought Accurate molds I have only the web site and other members to go on but they want to know what alloy you will be casting with. This allows the mold to be sized to cast the correct size with that alloy. Since different alloys contract more or less that is an interesting enhancement they offer. Probably not relevant to the SWC punching paper out of a snubbie but if one was planning on casting to improve accuracy.... Getting the size exactly where you want and need it with your alloy is a plus.

NOE has been my go to for things such as oversized bullets for .303 British or small for caliber bullet for .32 ACP or heavy .223 for a fast twist rifle. In short the stuff that just isn't standard run of the mill for a given caliber. Have not been disappointed.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    I have Lee, Lyman, Accurate, MP and NOE molds. Looking through the catalogs I could do it with Accurate MP and NOE and be happier.

Boolit Buddy
    I have bought a number from NOE. Terrific customer service, he called me direct with a question about one of my orders, I think it was my 314299. Beautiful molds and great bullets. The owner of Accurate molds shoots at the same range I do, previous RO was going to introduce me, but he doesn't work there anymore and I don't have as good a personal relationship with the current RO.

Accurate would be my first choice for a semi-custom bullet design, NOE is more for a standard in-stock bullet design. Next mold will probably be a 6 banger clone of the 429421 from NOE, after that will be a heavy 32 caliber for my 327 mag from Accurate, 31-120F is what I'm looking at now.

Boolit Master
    I started with Lee gang molds and have had no problems with them. However I've since bought Accurate and MP molds because of the variety of weights and boolit styles they offer in any given caliber, and also the impressive quality of the design, machining and finish.

Boolit Bub
    Most of the ones I have, were bought at local estate sales and auctions. In fact I picked up a big lot of stuff the other day.

Boolit Grand Master

If you are technically minded or curious go to Mountianmolds.com and use Dan's design program. He is quite helpful on his forum to answer questions as well. He offers a truly unique product - you design your own mold and he makes it.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!