Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen casting tools, need to vent...

Stolen casting tools, need to vent...

I ended up getting a bunch of casting stuff this year for our Christmas in Georgia! My dad and sweet wife got me everything I asked for on my list, 2 new molds, 2 new sets of mold handles, sizer, gas checks, hardness tester, lube and top punch. Everything I need to get back in to casting. I've been putting off doing any casting for the past month or so since I lacked a couple important items but since I got them for Christmas all I needed to do was get home and put them to use! WELL...... Got all our bags back from the airport but one, yeah, you guessed it. Whatever, I'll get it the next day when it comes in on the next flight (GA to AK) I can live with that. So I just got back from getting my bag at the airport all ready to start tinkering since I've got an hour or two while my little boy is sleeping and that's when I discovered all my casting stuff is gone. I'm going through the "claims" process with Alaska Airlines so hopefully there will be some resolve by tomorrow. This is the first time I've had anything stolen while traveling, I guess my number was up.

Sorry guys, just needing to vent with some folks that might sympathize.

Luke

Boolit Master

Wow!!! That sucks.
    I had dealings with Alaska Airlines. They won.
    I hope it is different with you.
    I can lose a lot of things, but, my gear is sacrosanct.
    I don't have words for how you must feel.
    Vent away, you earned it.
    Next time though, as I learned, go the Brown truck.
    My wife gives me an hard time with it, but I have walked an hard mile.
    Brown Truck.
    Gads, there are some things men should have left alone.
    Vent away.
    I wish I was home up there. It has been too long.

Im sorry to hear that and you should double the cost of them so you can buy more goodies on them for the headache.
    ** Please bear with me for a day or two if I dont reply quickly.**
    Mike B.
    Gun Control= Being able to hit your target.

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    Reckon a thief like that is even smart enough to know what it is for?

Banned

sorry to hear about you losing all those hensley and gibbs molds and that swell magma bottom pour 40 lb pot.
    and i cannot believe they took all 25,000 gas checks too.
    that really sucks i hope they will just replace the stuff and not give you a check to but new plus shipping to a.k. on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by madcaster View Post
    Reckon a thief like that is even smart enough to know what it is for?
    I have a hard time believing someone who knew about casting would do such a thing but maybe it just looked like good stuff to take to a pawn shop. I'm in the process of finding receipts since most of it was brand new.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    sorry to hear about you losing all those hensley and gibbs molds and that swell magma bottom pour 40 lb pot.
    and i cannot believe they took all 25,000 gas checks too.
    that really sucks i hope they will just replace the stuff and not give you a check to but new plus shipping to a.k. on top of that.
    You forgot to mention the two Star Sizers and all of the dies. Joking aside, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I know how it feels. I had a couple of my guns stolen once.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master
    The airlines are simply horrible anymore. The next hunt I go on, I probably will just ship my gear to the outfitter, and ship back. UPS, or FedEx. Hope you get your stuff back.

Boolit Master
    Sorry to hear about the theivery. Where abouts in alaska are you? Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by the_ursus View Post
    I ended up getting a bunch of casting stuff this year for our Christmas in Georgia! My dad and sweet wife got me everything I asked for on my list.

Luke
    are you from GA, or your Wife? My Wife is from Macon GA. I can't get her to move any further north then SE PA. I have never seen a person get so down in the winter time.

I live in Juneau, AK and was only visiting in GA for Christmas. It was nice there but I think I'll stay here in Juneau.

Boolit Master
    well come on down to Prince of Wales if ya want to do some castin' Dennis

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by the_ursus View Post
    I have a hard time believing someone who knew about casting would do such a thing but maybe it just looked like good stuff to take to a pawn shop.

Maybe it was someone that took casting very serious himself but had been a bad boy by opening other peoples luggage and stealing so Santa didn't bring him anything for XMAS.

Boolit Master

I read you story of the missing casting equipment and I cant imagine a caster doing this or a none caster wanting it. Is it possible that some dunder head TSA person not knowing what it was removed it because they thought it might be hazardous? I have had issues with them before and I hope this is not what happened.

Skeet1

I am very sorry to hear about your troubles. This is a good place to vent, as you are amongst friends here. I am semi retired from my photography business, but I used to average 2-3 trips a month, mostly USA trips, but some overseas work, and I ALWAYS shipped my equiptment seperately via FedEx. I would ship directly to the client's site, or to the hotel. You just can't trust any airline with your valuable stuff. I hope you get satisfaction over your loss....
    Ten Bears; "You are the Grey Rider. You would not make peace with the bluecoats. You may go in peace."
    Josey Wales; "I reccon not."

Charlie Waite; "Men are gonna die here today, Sue, and I'm gonna kill them."

Boolit Man
    Bummer, I had a lost bag that I actually got a check for. The do it by weight, claim high and they will reimburse you based on the weight of the bag when you checked in. Years ago it was about $6.50 a pound. It took them about 3 months to get me a check but it worked. Good luck, MoldyJoe

sorry to hear about the loss of your casting equipment, hope it works out

Boolit Buddy
    I hope you get your bag. I had one go missing once when I went to Jamaica. It was returned to me 2 months after I got back home. They said they found it in Malasia!!

Boolit Grand Master

Stealing your new casting stuff is bad, I hope the airline replaces your stuuf. I also hope you resist the urge to become a thief yourself by filing a false claim. Personally I see little difference between either variety of THIEF.

maybe you could just call the ATF and tell them to give you your stuff back.